Help Car Got Rear-Ended

Strygwyr

Strygwyr

Awards
Wife's Car got rear-ended a month ago and after getting the car back engine is not as smooth as it used to be anymore like when your on park the engine has a little bit of vibration same as when ur backing up like the idle is too low
vibration plus from park when u put in on reverse i can feel a little kick from a gear same as when i switch the power windows up feels like the enginge is starting to strugle or im just getting paranoid :fool2: its just that the engine feels like a old car engine but i barely hit put 30,000 miles on it. so if there are any car enthusiast on this board pls help i just need advice on what to say when i bring it in the shop since the shop already said they fixed it already

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Could be something in the driveline got very slightly out of whack from the collision. If the car were running when it got rammed and it stalled quickly, I'd suppose there could be some minimal internal balance that could have done it. Even if the chassis were twisted just a bit, it'd be enough to notice vibration, no?

It could be paranoia, too! I just had to replace a 3.0L Turbo engine in our Saab. Timing belt went and took half the engine with it! We went from 123K miles to one with 62K, and the difference is noticeable. It's butter-smooth and almost creepy how it doesn't sound or feel like it's running at idle. Power comes on smoother and it isn't as perky/peppy as the old one...or so I think. Instead of running up to speed like gangbusters, it runs up to speed more subtle as if you didn't even know you were already doing 80. Mine might be a mental thing, but I'm just glad to have it back on the road!