Arnolds Encyclopedia of bodybuilding.

S

synergy7

Banned
Awards
http://www.play.com/Books/Books/4-/487489/The-New-Encyclopedia-Of-Modern-Bodybuilding/Product.html?_$ja=tsid:11518|cc:|prd:487489|cat:Books+%3E+Sports+%26+Games

Its such an awsome book. I tried one of his arm work outs. Left me hurting for days after. One thing i dont get is how little he eats !!!!!!!!!!!!

H

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
He has another book that I liked much more than the one mentioned, Education of a Bodybuilder.

H

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
So once a week I took a training
partner and drove out into the country with the weights. We
limited ourselves to one exercise for a particular body part. I
remember for the first day we carried 250 pounds out into the
forest and did squats for three hours straight. I began by doing
twenty repetitions with 250 pounds; then my partner did whatever
he could. Then it was my turn again. We ended up doing
something like fifty-five sets of squats each- Arnold, The Education of a Bodybuilder
Never in my wildest dreams on my best day ever could I ponder doing 55 sets of any type of squats...I have a hard time believing this is true, even with 250lbs.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Some of the lifting may actual be pretty impractical for most, and may not even be true but there are some very good insights and some decent information. I wouldn't use it as my main guide to actually bodybuilding but its a sweet read and a MUST if you lift weights just to have on the book shelf :D

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Where I work (municipal recycling office), we used to have an annual book collection. A few years back, somebody brought in a softcover copy of it. That puppy went home with me!! :D It is a good read - written "simple" so even meatheads can understand it. ;) Definitely a good read, and a must have!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep, great book. filled with some behind the scenes stories of his competition days as well.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
amie1 Supplements 38
xR1pp3Rx LG Sciences 6
R Training Forum 37
beebab General Chat 3
bkoguy07 Training Forum 28