Dip and chew

Carolinapumps

Awards
Can anyone see any reason why smokeless tobacco could be a problem when it comes to lifting.

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
1. It will rot your teeth out which will require you to get root canals and have less money to buy supplements.

Nah, just kidding. But I used to dip a can a day and one day after years of dipping, I just threw it in the trash. That has been like 2 1/2 years ago.........do not miss it a bit. I had 2 root canals because of that crap and at $4 a can, it is a total waste of money.

But you have to want to quit to do it. I honestly had zero problem because I just got tired of doing it.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maybe spitting on the weightroom floor would be an issue?

Been doing it for about 8 years now, but mostly at work during the day. Skoal pouches, about 4/day for 5 days/week. No tooth or gum problems here. Maybe I'm lucky.

SpmnE9zero

SpmnE9zero

Awards
I started chewing Copenhagen when I was 11 years old (thanks big brother) and quit about 3 years ago. Just dropped it and never picked it back up. I do miss having a snuff every now and again, specially when I am driving long distances or fishing or something of that nature, but for lifting I see no reason why it would effect you other than the fact that it does increase heart rate and increase blood pressure.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Dipped for 2 years, 1 can a day.. Quit cold turkey 2 months ago. Dip is great for a cut because nicotine is an excellent appetite suppressant. Dentist never knew I dipped hehe..