Knicks signs Amare Stoudemire

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i think they overpaid for him....he's a good exciting player, but he has injury concerns, doesn't play defense and stat wise really isn't that much better than david lee, he can do good in dantoni's system as he has done but i believe the knicks need to sign a point guard that can push the ball the way nash did, parker or ellis i believe could really add to the team, because amare doesn't seem as effective in a half court offense

gabe522k3

Awards
I was also stocked to see Atlanta resign Joe Johnson for so much money, for that money you could have when I gotten Kobe!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As a Knick fan I was happy. However, they need so much more than Amare it's frightening. They have no pg and will lose Lee, so they go from horrible to bad.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I dont think any player should make more than a couple mil....this is ridiculous. That much money to play a game, crap I shoulda stayed a jock....

gabe522k3

Awards
As a Knick fan I was happy. However, they need so much more than Amare it's frightening. They have no pg and will lose Lee, so they go from horrible to bad.
So they just going to get rid of Lee?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He is a free agent, so it was one or the other

gabe522k3

Awards
I dont think any player should make more than a couple mil....this is ridiculous. That much money to play a game, crap I shoulda stayed a jock....

I feel on that! It's alot of other people in the US that could use that money especially in these times.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You think they can pick up Lebron James as well?

I think it is a small chance. I think they might be looking at a sign and trade of lee to the spurs for Parker as the Knicks have nothing at the point. With someone like Amare they need a creating PG

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
I think his production will go down without Nash setting him up on offensive. He tends to lose the ball in one on one situations. Lots of guys have put up great numbers playing with Nash and then gotten solid contracts elsewhere afterward.

So I agree, New York needs to pick up a good point guard that can get him good scoring opportunities.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You think they can pick up Lebron James as well?
that, no doubt, was a main reason in capturing a player of amare's stature to begin with. They're trying....

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
the knicks are going after ridneur (spelling) as their pg....i'm not a huge fan but stoudemire needs a pick and roll pg and he's supposed to be good at that, we'll see, i still think they need some sort of scorer on the wing that can take the double or pressure from stoudemire in the post