My boss is retarded, read for why

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
I swear...sometimes my boss needs to be struck by lightning, smote by Holy Fire, or struck down by God for being a complete fool in some other manner.

Check it:

I have Kurdish guys working with me. They wanted a memo to give to their boss stating they have to send their reports in Arabic. So I write up the memo and give it to my boss.

My boss goes ahead and emails all these people asking how to get a Kurdish Language pack.

Answer states: long process, need a memo signed by an O6, needs to be paid software, needs to be vetted the IT guys.

Reason I am pissed:

I went through this process 4 months ago, and got the same answer. DOD prohibits freeware on DOD computers. Being the computer guy for this office (seriously...I am the damn computer guy, have elevated accounts and all) I already knew this, and put it in my memo. Boss decides to keep trying for a kurdish language pack, which ONLY exists in freeware...you can't buy one, because it doesn't exist, which means it can NEVER be on a DOD machine. Stupid dip**** does not realize that signing the damn memo would be so much easier than going through a several month process which is guaranteed to fail.

We call him Mongo, because he is heavy handed and stupid. Tries to force his way through every situation ever, and most of the people in Iraq know and hate him (no joke). From what I gather, the entire reason he is fighting this is because he doesn't want to "give" the Iraqis anything...****ing annoying douche. For some odd reason he thinks these guys want a memo to their president, which is not true and I have no clue why he thinks it...I seriously would smoke the **** out of him every day until he goes home if he was a private...

Sorry. Had to rant, guys in my office wont even rant anymore because we are so used to his idiocy.

Throw up some de-stressing if you guys want lol.

He also has a conspiracy theory for EVERYTHING...

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
de stressing always has been for me the gym, I leave a locked psych unit everynight and hit the gym, than go home and crash, I to have stopped venting, with me its the stories i could tell would and have horrified my family/friends......good luck :)

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Ah one of the major sucks in the military I've seen.....idiots in an elevated position of command and leadership.....usually you could find a more qualified gorilla to outperform them. Sorry to hear you got one, but I think most units do.

Hopefully he breaks his leg or something, or gets fairly ill(in a non-life threatening way of course) and gets sent home for recovery hahah. Then you guys can step it up, improve the unit and show progress, and hopefully they never send him back because its obvious he is a negative impact.

Wait, nvm Command is always retarded...

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
de stressing always has been for me the gym, I leave a locked psych unit everynight and hit the gym, than go home and crash, I to have stopped venting, with me its the stories i could tell would and have horrified my family/friends......good luck :)
Thanks TC :D I try and stay motivated o_O + side is I learn what not to do haha.

Ah one of the major sucks in the military I've seen.....idiots in an elevated position of command and leadership.....usually you could find a more qualified gorilla to outperform them. Sorry to hear you got one, but I think most units do.

Hopefully he breaks his leg or something, or gets fairly ill(in a non-life threatening way of course) and gets sent home for recovery hahah. Then you guys can step it up, improve the unit and show progress, and hopefully they never send him back because its obvious he is a negative impact.

Wait, nvm Command is always retarded...
We did however get a new colonel who seems like a good guy. He is a cop back home so he should slap some peepees in here lmao.

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
i'm not affiliated the military but i still have a dumbnut boss!!

i work at the apartment complex where I live (imma college boi) and we have 3 managers. a GM, Accounting Manager, and Leasing Manager. The first two are cool as hell. but the leasing manager is a lazy good for nothing dumbass. it's HER job to know what is going on with relets, subleases, move-ins, and the majority of building/room assignments for the following year.

SHE DOESN'T GIVE A FLYING F*** ABOUT ANYTHING!! everytime i go into her office to use to copier she's on facebook or looking up gossip on celebrity bull**** or shopping for dumb looking dresses and shoes. then when we get people coming in or calling for her she says "ooooh take a message i'll cal them back" then SHE NEVER EFFIN CALLS THEM BACK and we take the heat.

the other day we had a big room assignment problem because this girl had to sign a co-ed agreement because she was placed with a guy (we do roommate matching and individual leases) but she wanted a girl. we told the LM while she was surfin' the net as usual and she said "I really don't care. Just let her move in and deal with it."

I mean **** c'mon. People in authoritative positions should lead by example not lead like a retard. RANT OVER

to the OP though: good luck with your situation maybe you'll be big boss one day :sombrero:

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
I will be big boss one day lol, thats the beauty of the military :D Then I will take out all my 10 years worth of pent up rage and dump it on my subordinates, that's why everyone has a crappy boss in the army lmao :D Neveredning cycle!

JK though ;)

I used to be the maint manager for an apartment complex, and had a gm who was like that as well.

They have a saying in the Army though, "A happy soldier is a bitching soldier, if he is quiet, he is plotting"