Bodybuilding/Supplement wiki....

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
You know it just makes sense to make one...

I been thinking about this. Most games I have ever played had a wiki, with everything you could want to know for an entire series from 10 years ago till now. Other items have it as well.

Why not bodybuilding/lifting/supplements?

One major wiki split into subsections like that, and going on down branching would be an amazing tool, especially for new lifters/health freaks trying to get info on things.

I personally would love to start one, but this is no solo project by any means.... And it would be very time consuming. Imagine most ingredients we know from our supplements and getting proper info/studies on them, reference's, and putting it all together piece by piece. Starting off with a few, continually recruiting members, we can branch off on different tasks, and really grow fast.

Throw in working out into its own section, supplements its own, bodybuilding as a profession its own(as "history"), then it could really grow for quite some time before it even has half of what we know in it, and by then it should start catching on and more people can join up. Sending in info, corrections, updates, new studies, etc. Joining as members and themselves being approved to edit, and so on.

C'mon you telling me you would not love a site specifically dedicated to when a guy gets on here and says "What is this substance in my supp" or in many cases its a PH, he can be sent there, punch it in, and have the full explanation instead of us doing it 100 times a year.

Food for thought...who would like to get into this with me?

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
I agree, it would be absolutely awesome, but alot of peoples views and opinions would vary dramatically how some supplements work for some people and some people are going to debate that some exercises are better than others.. I think it would be a constant struggle of people editing stuff... but i still think it would be helpful non the less in some way, maybe post actual studies done on the supplement and what it is suppose to do, proper form on exercises with the varied grips and etc..

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a forum, minus all the bull$h!t

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You know it just makes sense to make one...

I been thinking about this. Most games I have ever played had a wiki, with everything you could want to know for an entire series from 10 years ago till now. Other items have it as well.

Why not bodybuilding/lifting/supplements?

One major wiki split into subsections like that, and going on down branching would be an amazing tool, especially for new lifters/health freaks trying to get info on things.

I personally would love to start one, but this is no solo project by any means.... And it would be very time consuming. Imagine most ingredients we know from our supplements and getting proper info/studies on them, reference's, and putting it all together piece by piece. Starting off with a few, continually recruiting members, we can branch off on different tasks, and really grow fast.

Throw in working out into its own section, supplements its own, bodybuilding as a profession its own(as "history"), then it could really grow for quite some time before it even has half of what we know in it, and by then it should start catching on and more people can join up. Sending in info, corrections, updates, new studies, etc. Joining as members and themselves being approved to edit, and so on.

C'mon you telling me you would not love a site specifically dedicated to when a guy gets on here and says "What is this substance in my supp" or in many cases its a PH, he can be sent there, punch it in, and have the full explanation instead of us doing it 100 times a year.

Food for thought...who would like to get into this with me?
contact companies and ask to use some of their write ups with the sources

make it easy on yourself. doing it anyother way would take years

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
contact companies and ask to use some of their write ups with the sources

make it easy on yourself. doing it anyother way would take years
True, you do realize a wiki starts off as maybe 5 people, and ends up in the hundreds right? Of course make it require to register, and have a weening in process lol.

But the power of a wiki is its like a snowball, but it takes a dedicated few to get it rolling first.

Good idea though, but contacting every company sounds insane...again unless divided up amongst 20 people. Like I said, it would not be an overnight project. Looking at almost 12 months before its really working.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
True, you do realize a wiki starts off as maybe 5 people, and ends up in the hundreds right? Of course make it require to register, and have a weening in process lol.

But the power of a wiki is its like a snowball, but it takes a dedicated few to get it rolling first.

Good idea though, but contacting every company sounds insane...again unless divided up amongst 20 people. Like I said, it would not be an overnight project. Looking at almost 12 months before its really working.
yea i do but get general important stuff from there.

well not every just who use the ingredients you want.