Finally got 100lb dumbbells up in the air for flat press

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Since i'm not logging, I just wanted to share it here like with the deadlifts :) Most I ever put in the air before were 90s. Its a bitch just getting onto the bench right with 100s.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Since i'm not logging, I just wanted to share it here like with the deadlifts :) Most I ever put in the air before were 90s. Its a bitch just getting onto the bench right with 100s.
Nice bro, I need a GOOD spotter if I use 100 or above on DB flat press..

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Very nice :) I've only gotten 90s so far :/

Once my spotter is back from Afghan, I plan on shooting for the 100s as well :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, this was spotter free, only got 5 reps, but had done 90s for 8 and it felt light. So I skipped 95s and went straight to 100s

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Congrats! I remember the first time I broke out the big boys... Ah, the memories! Sucky part is that in my gym, the 100s are the normal bar-n-plate DBs, the 110s are the solid mass of hexagonal death, and the 120s go back to bar-n-plate but the bar is bulged in the middle. That makes for an uncomfortable grip, atleast for me. I don't touch the 110s anymore after my right arm gave out one day and I almost crushed my face. :(

Keep pumpin away, EZ!!!

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, this was spotter free, only got 5 reps, but had done 90s for 8 and it felt light. So I skipped 95s and went straight to 100s
I can rep them without a spotter, but my left shoulder is so jacked that I need a lift off for any DBs above 95.. Thats why I need a spotter..

tattoopierced1

Congrats! I remember the first time I broke out the big boys... Ah, the memories! Sucky part is that in my gym, the 100s are the normal bar-n-plate DBs, the 110s are the solid mass of hexagonal death, and the 120s go back to bar-n-plate but the bar is bulged in the middle. That makes for an uncomfortable grip, atleast for me. I don't touch the 110s anymore after my right arm gave out one day and I almost crushed my face. :(

Keep pumpin away, EZ!!!
gotta hate that.. I did the 150's at my gym once for 2 and almost ate it on the 3rd attempt, so I dont do them anymore without a really good spotter

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
Nice, now you need to get to the 105s so you can avoid the phenomenon I notice at my gym:

The dbs around 100lbs are all crooked and **** from people dropping - once you get above that the use is so rare (and/or proper) that you're using better dbs.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Great! nice work man, I like to rest them on my knees, sit, then kick to my chest. but using a spotter is nice so you can save all your energy for the actual set and not use it getting them up.. I usually DB press when I dont have a spotter for bench though.

Again congrats!

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice work!! I just hit the 110's last month with a spotter. Had to video tape was a proud moment for sure. Keep going bigger!