Broken Nose.....

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
I need help!!!!!! I have broken both feet, surgeries, but NEVER have I had the pain I have with this... My 3 yr old nephew head butted me friday night..I hear CRACK, go to the ER due to the pain, broken..... :(

I got the pain meds, doing ice, I can't even put on my glasses due to the pain, I can't breathe out my nose due to the pain...:( anyone have any ideas? besides taking to many pain meds, ironic I was just cleared back to work from my broken foot, this week,.....:(

TC

Moeller

Moeller

Awards
Elevate your head before going to bed everynight. It will help drain blood away from the source of inflamation.

I've had a baseball crack me in the face before, and besides ice & NSAI drugs or pain meds it helped it heal.

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
^^that's the advice I would give. I've broken my nose before, its not a good feeelings:(

Sorry, I hope you feel better

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
depending on how bad it is you may want it to be fixed, and did he exray or just say broken? he check your orbital?

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
depending on how bad it is you may want it to be fixed, and did he exray or just say broken? he check your orbital?
I agree with crazy, what all did the doc do?

I had a broken nose from wrestling, didnt need anything other than time and didnt hurt for too long actually, but if its a "break/torn" pain I dont get bothered, very high tolerance so I duno. Only thing I cant bear is infection induced pain.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
thanks, I cant do anything till the swelling goes down, it was packed, returned to work yesterday from my broken foot, and waiting till friday to go see my doctor to see what I can do... right now it;'s still ummmm well, gross...:(

TC

Moeller

Moeller

Awards
thanks, I cant do anything till the swelling goes down, it was packed, returned to work yesterday from my broken foot, and waiting till friday to go see my doctor to see what I can do... right now it;'s still ummmm well, gross...:(

TC
You could always get one of those spiderman masks until it heals!
:bigok:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I need help!!!!!! I have broken both feet, surgeries, but NEVER have I had the pain I have with this... My 3 yr old nephew head butted me friday night..I hear CRACK, go to the ER due to the pain, broken..... :(

I got the pain meds, doing ice, I can't even put on my glasses due to the pain, I can't breathe out my nose due to the pain...:( anyone have any ideas? besides taking to many pain meds, ironic I was just cleared back to work from my broken foot, this week,.....:(

TC
I've done that before; it does hurt like a SOB.

I wish you a speedy recovery, Heidi. Hang in there; you'll be back to 100% in no time. :)

-John

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have had my nose punched, kicked, basketball into it, ran into a door and a wall and somehow, my nose has been unscathed... And I have a giant nose, so you'd think it would of broken by now lol..

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
I have had my nose punched, kicked, basketball into it, ran into a door and a wall and somehow, my nose has been unscathed... And I have a giant nose, so you'd think it would of broken by now lol..
LOL with a giant hump in the middle from the break right?! LOL

TC hope you get well soon. Ibuprofen 800 mg is your friend!!

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
LOL with a giant hump in the middle from the break right?! LOL

TC hope you get well soon. Ibuprofen 800 mg is your friend!!
You know the army used to hand out 1200mg Ibuprofens to us and tell us to eat em like candy....

I hate Ibuprofen, I usually deal with the pain unless its surgery/infection nowadays. Stuff will eat your insides alive...

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ibprofen gives me horrible acid indigestion no matter waht, to the point i feel like im dying from a heart attack.

get an exray.

ive broken my nose 2 times, once from a soccer ball once from boxing. never got fixed, no point if im going to continue to box, my nose looks big though, but a lot of people then say " your jewish right?" i am (moms side, but italian dads side), however it never looked how it did till it broke.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
I've done that before; it does hurt like a SOB.

I wish you a speedy recovery, Heidi. Hang in there; you'll be back to 100% in no time. :)

-John

Thanks john, I returned to work sunday from my foot, only to have my nose broken on friday night....LOL if i didnt have bad luck I would have no luck...

heid

HumpTheCook

HumpTheCook

Banned
Awards
  • Established
this is what you get for trying to fight a three year old. cant fight karma. good luck with your recovery and not breaking anything else so you can get back to work... perhaps a protective bubble?

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
this is what you get for trying to fight a three year old. cant fight karma. good luck with your recovery and not breaking anything else so you can get back to work... perhaps a protective bubble?

Im back to work thanks, no more breaking things I agree, enough.... now it's time to just work, and hit the gym...

TC

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well atleast u dont sound funny. Good luck back at work Heidi.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Well atleast u dont sound funny. Good luck back at work Heidi.
hey I was told I sounded hot....kidding...LOL I'm good now, still swollen, black eyes going away, its been helpful, work has been crazy, so they see the black eyes and I think they stop for a second....

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
hey I was told I sounded hot....kidding...LOL I'm good now, still swollen, black eyes going away, its been helpful, work has been crazy, so they see the black eyes and I think they stop for a second....
Well I know as a guy my instant response to a girl with black eyes is "Some ones bout to get hurt" if I know her. First thing that comes to a decent mans mind is "someone crossed the line and hit a woman" but I guess if they know you and your a sports freak, they may just be wondering what crazy stunt you did :bigok: