We live in a society of "wishes"

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Ever notice that? It is always "I wish" and never, I am doing this.

Some things are obviously limited to wishes, but this one pertains to fitness. I keep running into people, or even comments online of people saying "I wish I could have a body like that, or I wish I could lose weight, or I wish, I wish, I wish"

This pertains to a females comment about J lo's body in one of her music videos(that damn fine body :D) but its an "I wish I had a body like that". WTF do you think she wakes up and its just magically there, the abs just stay and she can eat what she wants?

If it is within your damn power, do it. Getting fit is within your power. And its like this fat guy at work who talks about getting in shape, while talking about it he is taking freaking CHEETOS and dipping it in RANCH....talking about the gym...:squareeyed:

And I go out on lunch and workout, and then run after working out, then come in and throw me a meal together, then go back to work. Then after work, go to the gym... I used to feel sorry for people, but now I am just pissed that they will complain about being fat, shove lard down their throats, and then die of a heart attack in 6 months and talk about getting in better shape...

Are people that clueless? :sad3:

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha cheetos and ranch...

I've always thought of it this way. The fat mans desire to eat cheetos and ranch is greater than his desire to lose weight. Therefore, when he says "I wish I was skinny," his wish isn't as strong as his subconscious wish of "I wish to eat cheetos and ranch."

People need to prioritize what is important to them. No matter how much he wishes he was skinny, it really is not as important to him as you think. So yes, don't feel sorry.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Its not that they are clueless, its that most people lack drive... Ya, they are fat, they know they are fat, they wish they weren't fat, but getting in shape will exert effort, which requires drive, which is something they don't have.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
Its not that they are clueless, its that most people lack drive... Ya, they are fat, they know they are fat, they wish they weren't fat, but getting in shape will exert effort, which requires drive, which is something they don't have.
idk bro, i know alot of people that dont know **** about nutrition, its funny and sad at the same time.. then i make a couple guys i work with diet plans they stick with it for like a week or two see great results but end up quiting it, so i guess really its a combination of both...

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
idk bro, i know alot of people that dont know **** about nutrition, its funny and sad at the same time.. then i make a couple guys i work with diet plans they stick with it for like a week or two see great results but end up quiting it, so i guess really its a combination of both...
If people are truly that clueless, then a hope for a better future is lost..:damnit:

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
If people are truly that clueless, then a hope for a better future is lost..:damnit:
maybe its just where i live, but whats even worse is when people who are clueless but think they know what they are talking about try and give ****ty advice to other tards..

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
maybe its just where i live, but whats even worse is when people who are clueless but think they know what they are talking about try and give ****ty advice to other tards..
People are clueless everywhere on the planet, period, end of discussion.

You take a person who has always partied, drank, and ate hamburgers when they were 20-26, then they hit 32 and they are wondering how the hell do I get this weight off of me, or take the person whom is a desk person (accountant, programmer, etc) working 60 hrs a week, kids, house, husband, chores, and tell that person to eat this way and go to the gym this many days per week? You might get your head slapped off....seriously.

These people will say that they want to be smaller or lose some lbs but it is really not in their mindset to do so. They want to do it but the effort is to much, the schedule isn't right for them and the sole grit is just not there. I was basically born lifting weights. I started going to gyms when I was like 5 with my brother whom played JUCO football before going to the military. So, I always loved the gym and athletics...it is hard to take a 25yr old and turn them into a gym rat. It is always better to start out young.

I hate when people say "oh they are lazy". Well, some probably are but then there are those that do the 60hr work weeks, family, house, etc, etc, how the fk can they be lazy? It is all about wanting, needing, and getting.

I just talked to a guy today that said before his heart attack he ate garbage, but now he has not eaten anything greasy or fattening in two years. Now he needs and wants so he gets a better diet. That's all that it is...Now, for the small percent out there, say, 15%, they are just lazy bums.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Not all people are "lazy", or "fat" some people have a thyroid disorder, I cringe when I hear people call others "fat"... I was fat once upon a time, why because I didnt know crap about diet, and nutrition and what the hell a gym was.... I thank god for my first personal trainer who gave me the talk of.."your fat now but you have great legs you can do it".....

I was un educated when I was younger, and with age I gained the knowledge to teach myself to eat right, exercise and train.... I guess it all goes to motivation......I have this one t shirt I love... Its a house of pain t shirt and it says.."are you a mouse or a rat....gym rat''....:)

TC

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Not all people are "lazy", or "fat" some people have a thyroid disorder, I cringe when I hear people call others "fat"... I was fat once upon a time, why because I didnt know crap about diet, and nutrition and what the hell a gym was.... I thank god for my first personal trainer who gave me the talk of.."your fat now but you have great legs you can do it".....

I was un educated when I was younger, and with age I gained the knowledge to teach myself to eat right, exercise and train.... I guess it all goes to motivation......I have this one t shirt I love... Its a house of pain t shirt and it says.."are you a mouse or a rat....gym rat''....:)

TC
LOL the legs bit, and your favorite shirt are both awesome. Well the legs story, never seen your legs :lol:

People are clueless everywhere on the planet, period, end of discussion.

These people will say that they want to be smaller or lose some lbs but it is really not in their mindset to do so. They want to do it but the effort is to much, the schedule isn't right for them and the sole grit is just not there. I was basically born lifting weights. I started going to gyms when I was like 5 with my brother whom played JUCO football before going to the military. So, I always loved the gym and athletics...it is hard to take a 25yr old and turn them into a gym rat. It is always better to start out young.

I hate when people say "oh they are lazy". Well, some probably are but then there are those that do the 60hr work weeks, family, house, etc, etc, how the fk can they be lazy? It is all about wanting, needing, and getting.

I just talked to a guy today that said before his heart attack he ate garbage, but now he has not eaten anything greasy or fattening in two years. Now he needs and wants so he gets a better diet. That's all that it is...Now, for the small percent out there, say, 15%, they are just lazy bums.
Very good points sir! I became a gym rat at...20ish? before then, big time gamer. Me and a girl broke up, she got with some fugly dude, so I got into the gym because I felt horrible she went for that(he had stable money income).

Next thing I know, the pain at the gym is a kind of love. Sweat falling from my face is a sweet kiss, and DOMs is a paycheck waiting to be cashed.

The problem seems to be "society" as a whole which tells people "You NEED money!!!" as in they need to make $60,000 a year at least for each spouse or they are a failure... WTF? Where has modest living gone?

People get so programmed by society to do 60 hours a week in an office with hopse that a year or two down the road they get a promotion? Screw That! Reasons I am becoming a personal trainer, going to a college to become credentialed as a pastor, and getting a degree in education is because I CANNOT stand what our society deems normal.

Worse yet I hate bastards who tell these people who have the kind of load you talk about "Take this product, it will make you thin again!!!" and rip em off. Take ephedra for example, honestly in a healthy person it can be used effectively. But you had people who were 80lbs overweight, suffering from a poor cardiovascular system already, taking it...What did you expect to happen?

While I agree that it its not always the easiest option for everyone, it is still ultimately in 85%(my guess, probably not realistic) from their own choices. Be it career, lazyness, love of junk food, etc. Now what about children? You know the parents that keep feeding their kids until they are the crazy big? Then the kids grow up with those eating habits and keep them? Humans can be programmed, even unintentionally.

But I blame some of that on society. We teach people to want an expensive car, not to want a close family, healthy life, etc. The complaint I was making about people always using "wish" is from your average person who is just out of shape, talks about it all the time, and really has no excuse all the while downing a tub of lard. I mean most people from my work alone just go out to get drunk, or do whatever after the day is done.

The post on drive explains most of it.

As for me, I am working 58 hours next week, but will still be rollin into the gym :D

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
LOL the legs bit, and your favorite shirt are both awesome. Well the legs story, never seen your legs :lol:

Very good points sir! I became a gym rat at...20ish? before then, big time gamer. Me and a girl broke up, she got with some fugly dude, so I got into the gym because I felt horrible she went for that(he had stable money income).

Next thing I know, the pain at the gym is a kind of love. Sweat falling from my face is a sweet kiss, and DOMs is a paycheck waiting to be cashed.

The problem seems to be "society" as a whole which tells people "You NEED money!!!" as in they need to make $60,000 a year at least for each spouse or they are a failure... WTF? Where has modest living gone?

People get so programmed by society to do 60 hours a week in an office with hopse that a year or two down the road they get a promotion? Screw That! Reasons I am becoming a personal trainer, going to a college to become credentialed as a pastor, and getting a degree in education is because I CANNOT stand what our society deems normal.

Worse yet I hate bastards who tell these people who have the kind of load you talk about "Take this product, it will make you thin again!!!" and rip em off. Take ephedra for example, honestly in a healthy person it can be used effectively. But you had people who were 80lbs overweight, suffering from a poor cardiovascular system already, taking it...What did you expect to happen?

While I agree that it its not always the easiest option for everyone, it is still ultimately in 85%(my guess, probably not realistic) from their own choices. Be it career, lazyness, love of junk food, etc. Now what about children? You know the parents that keep feeding their kids until they are the crazy big? Then the kids grow up with those eating habits and keep them? Humans can be programmed, even unintentionally.

But I blame some of that on society. We teach people to want an expensive car, not to want a close family, healthy life, etc. The complaint I was making about people always using "wish" is from your average person who is just out of shape, talks about it all the time, and really has no excuse all the while downing a tub of lard. I mean most people from my work alone just go out to get drunk, or do whatever after the day is done.

The post on drive explains most of it.

As for me, I am working 58 hours next week, but will still be rollin into the gym :D
I agree with the last part, some weeks I pull 80 hours, doubles, overnights into first shift, and I am everyday at the gym,......:) its my time

TC