PH, DS, AAS Users, Let Me Ask You... (not cycle related)

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
...Do you ever regret your decision to "use?"

I have dealt with endocrinological complications since childhood, and am relatively confident TRT is somewhere in my future.

Regardless, I have to this point remained "natural" in my training endeavors, but recent events have me considering running a cycle in the near future.

I'm proud of what I've accomplished naturally, and am wondering how you guys look at your transition from natural to "enhanced."

Did knowing you're on a hormone detract from the satisfaction of setting a new PR?

Or do the new heights that become attainable overshadow your previous performance?

In short, if you had to do it all over again, would you?

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Id do it all over in a heartbeat. Reguardless of being "on" you still need to have your ducks in a row, still need to train hard, eat right, and get adequate rest. I never felt i "cheated" or didnt accomplish something myself if that makes sense.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That makes perfect sense, man, I appreciate your input. Thanks.

BTW, have you heard anything new about LG's on-cycle support product? If I run something, it could come in handy.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That makes perfect sense, man, I appreciate your input. Thanks.

BTW, have you heard anything new about LG's on-cycle support product? If I run something, it could come in handy.
Hey no problem. I have not but i will make it a point to talk to the big man about it and see whats up with it! :fing02:

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
...Do you ever regret your decision to "use?"

I have dealt with endocrinological complications since childhood, and am relatively confident TRT is somewhere in my future.

Regardless, I have to this point remained "natural" in my training endeavors, but recent events have me considering running a cycle in the near future.

I'm proud of what I've accomplished naturally, and am wondering how you guys look at your transition from natural to "enhanced."

Did knowing you're on a hormone detract from the satisfaction of setting a new PR?

Or do the new heights that become attainable overshadow your previous performance?

In short, if you had to do it all over again, would you?
I dont understand, you say youve dealt with endocrinological complications since childhood but you wanna run a cycle and risk even more complications? you think you might need trt in the future, what if this cycle will give you a complete shutdown? just looking out for your health buddy, be happy with the gains you already made, why gamble?

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dont understand, you say youve dealt with endocrinological complications since childhood but you wanna run a cycle and risk even more complications? you think you might need trt in the future, what if this cycle will give you a complete shutdown? just looking out for your health buddy, be happy with the gains you already made, why gamble?
I think Resolve is currently dealing with problems that beg him to ask the question, "Wouldn't I just be better off running a cycle?" - I'll let him answer that.

Resolve, yes, I sometimes do regret my decision to use gear, but at other times I don't. It was a good experience, and I enjoyed what I learned and what I saw. When you make gains and break PRs on cycle, you aren't thinking about being on cycle, only your achievements. The fact that you were "on" only come into your head when you are off the sauce and your numbers hit rock-bottom, and you think to yourself what you once pressed...and then you remember you were "on" yet for some reason it just doesn't seem to matter. You still get depressed.

In your situation, I say go for it. As for me, I started too young, but at the same time, even more than the gear, I regret not having a strong balance in my life during my college years (which is when I ran most cycles). I was too into bodybuilding, and it robbed me of some joy. It wasn't the sauce that I regret, it was how BBing consumed my life.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I appreciate the concern, and it's insight like yours that is exactly why I started this thread. Let's see if I can explain my situation better.

As Irish said, I'm dealing with issues that make running a cycle seem feasible. I have a standing prescription now for Tamoxifen (10mg BID)and access to Anastrozole if I decide to use it (my endo said it's my call). Additionally, I have used low-dose letro for a while in an attempt to clear things up, but have had only poor success.

Recurring pubertal gyno and naturally high estrogen, along with these drugs, has me feeling like I'm getting all the negative aspects of using "something", but none of the benefits.

I.e., if I have to take a serm and/or AI anyway, and if something like Epi could actually help my situation, why not run it?

I think Resolve is currently dealing with problems that beg him to ask the question, "Wouldn't I just be better off running a cycle?" - I'll let him answer that.

Resolve, yes, I sometimes do regret my decision to use gear, but at other times I don't. It was a good experience, and I enjoyed what I learned and what I saw. When you make gains and break PRs on cycle, you aren't thinking about being on cycle, only your achievements. The fact that you were "on" only come into your head when you are off the sauce and your numbers hit rock-bottom, and you think to yourself what you once pressed...and then you remember you were "on" yet for some reason it just doesn't seem to matter. You still get depressed.

In your situation, I say go for it. As for me, I started too young, but at the same time, even more than the gear, I regret not having a strong balance in my life during my college years (which is when I ran most cycles). I was too into bodybuilding, and it robbed me of some joy. It wasn't the sauce that I regret, it was how BBing consumed my life.
Your input, as always, is very valued.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
I say if you're already taking SERMS and have high estrogen levels, I say go for it. I don't think Epi will shut you down completely.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I regret the fact I started as early as I did. It is one of the reasons y I still surf the anabolic section to try and help others avoid making a mistake such as that.

Now I dont regret doing cycles and the joy I get from my PRs is still there even if others try to dimish my accomplishments by saying "oh well u cycled." Well yes I did and I also busted my ass in the gym. Steroids didnt magically make a 600 deadlift or a 500 squat. Bench sucks but ehh Im not a powerlifter.

I highly recommend weighing the pros and cons a lot before u make ur choice. It leaves u with an itch that u cant help but stratch again.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I regret the fact I started as early as I did. It is one of the reasons y I still surf the anabolic section to try and help others avoid making a mistake such as that.

Now I dont regret doing cycles and the joy I get from my PRs is still there even if others try to dimish my accomplishments by saying "oh well u cycled." Well yes I did and I also busted my ass in the gym. Steroids didnt magically make a 600 deadlift or a 500 squat. Bench sucks but ehh Im not a powerlifter.

I highly recommend weighing the pros and cons a lot before u make ur choice. It leaves u with an itch that u cant help but stratch again.
when did you start? my starting date is looking to be around right after i turn 24 health/finance willing.

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
I would absolutely do it again. I don't see it as cheating b/c you won't maintain any gains if you don't know your stuff and have everything in line. I like to play with cycles so i can pick and chose the results I want. To me its no different than taking in extra protein through shakes.

gymaddict20

gymaddict20

Awards
  • Established
I :smlove2: steroids!!!!!! I do not regret it one bit. I have gotten heat for it and have been called out in the past but to each their own. If I had to do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing. Tomahawk & N8te hit the nail on the head. Yes we juice but your PR's don't magically appear. It is not only hard work running a cycle, training and maintaining the proper diet but your gains will be lost if everything isn't in order. I am sure there are guys out there that regret juicing but that means they didnt properly research what they were getting their self into before hand. My hats off to you brother for doing your research correctly and leading by example.

gymaddict20

gymaddict20

Awards
  • Established
The consensus is pretty overwhelming, you guys like your gear! :lol:

Well, it's final - I'm planning a cherry poppin' 6-weeker with epi. My thanks to you all!
Epi is a solid compound. It is one of my favorites. What do you plan to run it at?

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
I would ramp it up to 30 starting from 20 on your first week

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's what I'll do then. I'll put a thread up in the Anabolics section once everything is "finalized."

Having a background in cell biology and experience in research endocrinology, I'm pretty familiar with the ins and outs of hormonal drugs clinically, but this "recreational" stuff is a whole different story.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
The consensus is pretty overwhelming, you guys like your gear! :lol:

Well, it's final - I'm planning a cherry poppin' 6-weeker with epi. My thanks to you all!
Epi seems to be the greatest beginner PH/DS/AAS for someone not going "The path of the needle" yet.

I have 1 bottle, would need another to run epi. Or I could just do a run of Phera + Tren...:AR15firing:

But for my first, I dont wanna be stupid...yet.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Epi seems to be the greatest beginner PH/DS/AAS for someone not going "The path of the needle" yet.

I have 1 bottle, would need another to run epi. Or I could just do a run of Phera + Tren...:AR15firing:

But for my first, I dont wanna be stupid...yet.
Why are you so eager to run roids? You can definitely pack more weight on that 5'11 frame naturally. You know how to lift, eat, etc just from seeing your posts on this board. What is so attractive about jacking up your hormone levels? I was your size coming out of high school and i gained enough weight for myself by just eating and lifting, no great romanian olympian genetics here. I can kind of understand some of the guys on here, already 225-240 and hit a weight gaining plateau. In that case, if getting even bigger is the ultimate goal, they might need a little extra help to get thru that plateau.

franklin32

Awards
well is there any age limit that the supplement to grow taller works properly?

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Why are you so eager to run roids? You can definitely pack more weight on that 5'11 frame naturally. You know how to lift, eat, etc just from seeing your posts on this board. What is so attractive about jacking up your hormone levels? I was your size coming out of high school and i gained enough weight for myself by just eating and lifting, no great romanian olympian genetics here. I can kind of understand some of the guys on here, already 225-240 and hit a weight gaining plateau. In that case, if getting even bigger is the ultimate goal, they might need a little extra help to get thru that plateau.
There is no simple answer... Story time...

I plan to grow well into my 180's naturally, then use a cycle to shoot for over the 200 mark. As I once said about the AAS/PH/DS issue that plagues our nation, "It is its taboo forbidden fruit that will draw you in"

Can I grow to my 205 goal naturally? Most likely(unless my test is low, which I am getting checked). And on that note I have spent the last 3 years getting in amazing shape, then having it all go to hell and losing everything, repeatedly(Dealing with a woman, year of joblessness involving repossessions and the likes, and currently bankruptcy). After meeting the border of my 170 marks and then repeatedly having it stripped away(zero money from joblessness means no gym, no food, etc you get point) eventually wears on you. Now I have put it off MANY times due to knowing I can grow fine naturally.

My frame at its strongest point was 135lbs, in which I was squatting 375lbs for 10 reps(wrestler at the time, weight room blew my coaches mind, also the cheerleaders were in there with us that day...) and benching 160 with a max of 180. Since then, when I started working out like crazy a couple years ago I went from 160 down to 130 in about a single month(no joke, lost about 30 lbs of useless weight thanks to running 2 hours a day and lifting like a mad man another hour, even training on breaks at work). Then fought lb by lb to reach the 150's, taking me almost 6 months. Then got to the 160's during a bulk, then lost it all...again...

This is the third time I am coming back. During all this I have studied AAS/PH/DS as if it was a school subject. It fascinates me, controlling the body, manipulating it is something I find fascinating. It is why I enjoy working out and sweating my arse off at lunch now at work, and freaking people out who can barely hold their head up to eat :D

But I have also suspected I have low test, because the last 2 times I try, I seem to get weak and sick the more I lift. So before I cycle, I am dropping the money on bloodwork, the whole thing. Including my liver profile as well.

Why do I want to cycle? because I "want" to, the answer is in the question itself. I planned it a couple times, and put it off due to seeing storm clouds in the distance, or because I knew I could keep growing naturally.

I am a very agile/cardiofocused-athletic person, making actual weight hard to keep. Softball, tennis, basketball, running, getting into MMA this year now that I am medically sound(had serious infection issues that should now be gone).

Why do I want to run peptides?
Why do I want to run AAS?
Why do I use supplements?

The answer is mainly choice, even of the big dudes here I doubt many of them ran their first cycle when they were already over 200. A good few, yeah, but most cycles I see start alot lower.

Who knows maybe once I hit 170 I will decide 180 will be easy enough, then when I am 180 I will decide "eh I can make 190 in a few months more" and put it off, and maybe even hit 200 natty...

Plus it would be a damn shame to put a 100 hours of reading logs, material, books like Seth Roberts "Anabolic Pharmacology", research, journals, etc all to waste and never actually use it lol. Injectable steroids are what fascinate me the most actually. And peptides, through my understanding of them is far less than anabolics.

I am 5'10 161.2 last weigh in(yesterday). Weak as hell compared to where I have been before. I want to be mainly in the 185-205 range. NEVER going over that, thats too big. The use of anabolics not only give crazy "size" but change muscle maturity, density, strength, etc. So why not cycle, but not for size necessarily. All I want is my 375 squat back, a 250 bench, and to weight in at 190-200, and I will be a happy lil puppy. Of course then I will probably crave more strength in size, but oh well.

EDIT: and on a side note, we are picking up so many funky chemicals from the way things are processed, might as well put some in we have control over lol.

Sorry for the long post...Short answer, I really dont know why other than it fascinates me to no end. The science itself is something that I think on daily. Add in the fact I am insane and have ADD, for something to catch my mind for a couple years requires it to really be fascinating.

JLT

Awards
I have been thinking about using something, So I'm in on this thread to hear some responses.