iPhone 4, Who's getting one?

bradleywiens

bradleywiens

Awards
  • Established
Just wondering how many of you are getting the new iPhone 4 coming out June 24th.

If so, what was/were the determining features that sold you?

I have been waiting for this generation since the original one came out. Finally gonna get me one!

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
I actually think i'm going to pass on this one. This phone isn't even 4G. Besides, the iPhone 5 will be announced at the exact same time next year and will again be much better than the iPhone4. So i'll just wait till then and use my free upgrade at that time.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
not never, i'm so anti macintosh it's not even funny, i have never had any success with their products, first ipod was junk, ipod touch i have no freezes my computer every time it's plugged into the computer, and past iphones overheated, stopped working, never again, this company is garbage

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
not never, i'm so anti macintosh it's not even funny, i have never had any success with their products, first ipod was junk, ipod touch i have no freezes my computer every time it's plugged into the computer, and past iphones overheated, stopped working, never again, this company is garbage
While I agree that the products may be over rated, and I had problems with Apple music players *which is why we own Zune now lol*, I am in music production and audio engineering and the new Pentium based Imacs are off the chain. Nothing compares to the multimedia capabilities that are possible on imacs.. Note i didnt say macbooks, ipads, iphones, and ipods...... Cuz im with you on all of those products

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Never had an iPhone and don't plan on getting one. I could buy supplements for that cash, and get a cheaper phone ;)

bradleywiens

bradleywiens

Awards
  • Established
That's funny, cuz I am the complete opposite. I have only ever used Apple products, and all the computer problems I have had were with PC's. No hard feelings though. :sgrin: Apple lovers are the minority, and their products are not for everyone.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I <3 my Droid.

:D

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's funny, cuz I am the complete opposite. I have only ever used Apple products, and all the computer problems I have had were with PC's. No hard feelings though. :sgrin: Apple lovers are the minority, and their products are not for everyone.
i know tons of mac lovers, everyone around where i live is in love with them, my buddy designs web-sites and does artwork and always preaches macs for everything, i just haven't had a good product, maybe the computers are good but i'll never know

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I will probably get one i have the 3g , but its beat to sh1t. 1st PC type phone. So i kind of need a new one.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would rather get the windows 7 phone =)
Fail. I hate macs, but a windows-based phone just seems like a bomb set next to my ear.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Fail. I hate macs, but a windows-based phone just seems like a bomb set next to my ear.
Actually, the phones work rather well. Windows 7 has been a god-send and putting it into a phone was a brilliant idea. The windows mobile phones also hold 20% of the market share and are the best phones to deploy in a microsoft exchange (server that runs email) environment.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will. Installing IOS4 right now.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love my iPhone 3G, and I think the iPhone 4 will be the best smart phone ever made. Absolute must for me!

bradleywiens

bradleywiens

Awards
  • Established
I love my iPhone 3G, and I think the iPhone 4 will be the best smart phone ever made. Absolute must for me!
I am the biggest Mac lover I know, and I am one of the few at work without an iPhone. Can't wait for the 15th. Black/32gb here I come!

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are ya putting that on your 3G? How does it run? Really curious about the multitasking feature. Looks awesome.
Yeah I did. It runs pretty smooth. Everything is a bit quicker. Multi is good but tough to really evaluate since most apps dont even support it yet. They just let dev's start coding for it so I would say most apps will be updated fairly shortly.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Droid will my choice after I drop by BB Storm. I just don't like the price tag associated with Apple/Mac products.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This Company is a Crap for me Blackberry never fail me!:fing02:

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Droid will my choice after I drop by BB Storm. I just don't like the price tag associated with Apple/Mac products.
Now the droid has had my attention...sadly Verizon will never take me back :sgrin: I have seen to that personally, then they go and get the freacken droid... oh well in 2 years something better than the droid and iphone will come along.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
^ Android phones are where it's at. Open source development vs locked down Mac development will always win.

I've had nothing but trouble with all iPods I have bought. I bought a ZuneHD and have had nothing but Success with it.

I had windows mobile phones for a long time, if you are relatively tech savvy you can speed them up quite a bit with custom roms and such. As far as I can tell windows 7 phones are going to be iphone imitators as far as lockdown goes, and if anyone has a zune, you know that MS has like 20 apps for it or something, and no one is making any...maybe the phone will be different.

Android Marketplace has gotten 50k apps in 1/4 of the time apple has gotten their marketplace. + most of it is free, and the fact that you can have any carrier, and pick from really high tech phones (tegra procs $) or cheaper (free) lower tech phones is what will make Android beat iPhone for sure.

I've always hated Mac because it seems like people pay money for the apple, I could literally build ANY mac product for 3/4 of the cost at least. That and Apple always tries to tout improvements as "world changing brand new stuff apple invented" For example the front facing camera on the iphone4...front facing cameras have been around for like 4 years...

iPhone 4 is actually the first iphone I'd ever consider buying, but Apples 6 month revision policy ensures that you will need a new phone in 6 months...meh I should not rant lol o_O

On the other hand, I have MAD respect for Jobs, because he is one of the only people in the world that can make old technology look cool, and get millions of people to pay a **** ton of money for it...

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
^ Android phones are where it's at. Open source development vs locked down Mac development will always win.

I've had nothing but trouble with all iPods I have bought. I bought a ZuneHD and have had nothing but Success with it.

I had windows mobile phones for a long time, if you are relatively tech savvy you can speed them up quite a bit with custom roms and such. As far as I can tell windows 7 phones are going to be iphone imitators as far as lockdown goes, and if anyone has a zune, you know that MS has like 20 apps for it or something, and no one is making any...maybe the phone will be different.

Android Marketplace has gotten 50k apps in 1/4 of the time apple has gotten their marketplace. + most of it is free, and the fact that you can have any carrier, and pick from really high tech phones (tegra procs $) or cheaper (free) lower tech phones is what will make Android beat iPhone for sure.

I've always hated Mac because it seems like people pay money for the apple, I could literally build ANY mac product for 3/4 of the cost at least. That and Apple always tries to tout improvements as "world changing brand new stuff apple invented" For example the front facing camera on the iphone4...front facing cameras have been around for like 4 years...

iPhone 4 is actually the first iphone I'd ever consider buying, but Apples 6 month revision policy ensures that you will need a new phone in 6 months...meh I should not rant lol o_O

On the other hand, I have MAD respect for Jobs, because he is one of the only people in the world that can make old technology look cool, and get millions of people to pay a **** ton of money for it...

What I find funny is people getting emotional over a ****in phone. "This company is crap.." " I hate Apple", etc.....yeah...ok.

Maybe when Apple will make a phone that will give you guys a reach around you might be happy then.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

I've always hated Mac because it seems like people pay money for the apple, I could literally build ANY mac product for 3/4 of the cost at least. .
Actually Mac's for the most part outperformed and had better technology than any Intel based and/or clone from the mid 80's until early in this decade. It wasn't technology that held them back....it was 3rd party software development and the tight grip they had. That has since changed drastically and its fairly easy to become a developer for anything MAC/Iphone/Apple based.

There is a reason every graphic designer out there has preferred Mac's for the past 25 years.

There is a reason they have overtaken Microsoft in market value.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Actually Mac's for the most part outperformed and had better technology than any Intel based and/or clone from the mid 80's until early in this decade. It wasn't technology that held them back....it was 3rd party software development and the tight grip they had. That has since changed drastically and its fairly easy to become a developer for anything MAC/Iphone/Apple based.

There is a reason every graphic designer out there has preferred Mac's for the past 25 years.

There is a reason they have overtaken Microsoft in market value.
I am not doubting the value of Macs in a niche market. Graphic design is definitely a niche market and one mac does well at.

Yeah, when mac made their own components they were more powerful, but as soon as they started using the exact same components as every other computer, they became over-priced aluminum cans.

Example: http://store.apple.com/us/configure/MC373LL/A?mco=MTc0Njg1ODE
This is the standard 15 inch mac book pro. $2199

This is a PC that took me 3 minutes to find on a very popular electronics website:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220700
$1199 and free shipping. This computer has a faster GPU and a larger screen resolution. You can also install Mac OSX on it if you choose.

As a complete tech nerd, I spend a great deal of time keeping up with the latest gadgets. Apple products are just a waste of money in my opinion. I can buy something that will outperform the Apple offering for less money 9 times out of 10. It's just not economical for me at all.

I'd also like to see your source where Mac has overtaken windows in market share. Here's mine:
http://marketshare.hitslink.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=8
Windows has 92% of the global operating system marketshare.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am not doubting the value of Macs in a niche market. Graphic design is definitely a niche market and one mac does well at.
Graphic design isn't a niche market...its an example of how anything graphic based is better utilized on a mac.

Yeah, when mac made their own components they were more powerful, but as soon as they started using the exact same components as every other computer, they became over-priced aluminum cans.
Not when those same components perform better than a Windows based PC. The OS and Apps simple don't require or need the same amounts of hardware. Its comparing apples to oranges.

People simply are sick of Windows based PC's and its requirements to some of the most basic operations. I remember running two games side by side and the Windows machine needing 50% more power to run at the same FPS rate.

As a complete tech nerd, I spend a great deal of time keeping up with the latest gadgets. Apple products are just a waste of money in my opinion. I can buy something that will outperform the Apple offering for less money 9 times out of 10. It's just not economical for me at all.
Thats your opinion. IMO they perform much better...are easier to use for your average user and don't nearly have the fail rate in terms of OS and APP function over the longrun......and that's an observation form someone who worked in IT and continues to work in this industry since 1991.

Most coders believe that Windows is just one cluster **** of code and has been for 10 years. It certainly keeps a lot of people employed fixing it.

I'd also like to see your source where Mac has overtaken windows in market share. Here's mine:
http://marketshare.hitslink.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=8
Windows has 92% of the global operating system marketshare.
If you read carefully, I said market value, not market share.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/fasterforward/2010/05/stock_market_apple_worth_more.html

Apple in terms of value is the biggest tech company in America. And the only thing that has kept Microsoft form completing cratering is the Xbox because i know a lot of companies completely pissed off at the outrageous licensing fee's you have to pay to run Microsoft business apps.

Both companies don't even make the lion share of their profits from desktop PC's...

Its just Apples time to outperform Microsoft now and become the big bully on the block. When you start losing people like me, who have been for PC's most of their life, you're in trouble.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not anymore :) Apple is larger in terms of value than Microsoft now....for a reason.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/fasterforward/2010/05/stock_market_apple_worth_more.html
Microsoft bought the 51%+ of the shares of Apple.

so what is the F*** fact here Apple was dead but is on track again by ipods and iphones!!!!
like a F*** people says: this is the best "smartphone" ever??? why? becuase is pretty and i use facebook and talk ****!

Damn it sweet answer!

Release your mind..........Free learning:fing02:

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
EVERY-SINGLE-PHONE out now is an iPhone copy. Not one has come close to being better. As for PC's, don't you just love the 15 minute wait for the box to boot and shut down? Having to schedule defragging sessions and installing/updating all of the spyware and anti-virals? Good times. Yeah, I'll just keep my over-price Mac "toys" and avoid all of the hassles and nonsense. I will say, though, that the one thing that sucks is that for the price, Blue-ray should be standard but I can't complain because an iPhone App helped me to quit smoking! Apple products have, literally, made my life better.
And as for the original question, yes. I'm still on the First Gen. iPhone. Never bothered to upgrade because there wasn't really a point for me. It's pretty beat up, so it's time to retire it and upgrade.

airram479

Awards
  • Established
I am not going to fan the flames here but...i will say that i have been using my macbook for 3years now and it has never crashed or froze on me once. Now,what i really would like to know is how much are you iphone guy's/gals paying per month with that phone.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
$75. Not the cheapest but not the most expensive.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Free Your Minds use Linux......BTW MAC OS is a Linux based software

Linux is FREE

to the HELL with :damnit: MAC OS!

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Graphic design isn't a niche market...its an example of how anything graphic based is better utilized on a mac.
Yeah it is, 99% of people can do any type of graphic editing they need to do with free applications and integrated graphics. I am talking about enterprise level graphic design, which a lot of companies use macs for. Average user does not need a workstation graphic processor.

Not when those same components perform better than a Windows based PC. The OS and Apps simple don't require or need the same amounts of hardware. Its comparing apples to oranges.
Well with Apple being nix based that is a given. The code is more modular than the windows cluster****. I could install linux on any mac and it will perform even better than mac OS. I actually use crunchbang 90% of the time on my computer. Honestly the PC/MAC battle was finished as soon as Apple started using intel. I can put OSX on my laptop now and it would be a mac. I could put windows 7 on your mac and it would be a PC. People are literally paying for the Apple logo now. That's not really an opinion either, its just fact.

People simply are sick of Windows based PC's and its requirements to some of the most basic operations. I remember running two games side by side and the Windows machine needing 50% more power to run at the same FPS rate.
The market share that I linked clearly shows people are not sick of windows. 92% of the world uses it, 1, because Apple dropped the ball back when all businesses became automated, and people just won't change now. It would cost too much to retrain everyone, and productivity would drop too much. That and 90% of applications don't support Apple, so people would have even more downtime finding alternatives. On the games, have you used windows 7? It's pretty darn quick. And 95% of games can't run on mac, because microsoft won with DirectX back in the day also. No one codes there games in OpenGL (there are a few) everyone used DirectX. Honestly I hope they start using OGL more so I can forever drp windows in lieu of Linux. Steam coming to mac/linux is a step in the right direction though.

Thats your opinion. IMO they perform much better...are easier to use for your average user and don't nearly have the fail rate in terms of OS and APP function over the longrun......and that's an observation form someone who worked in IT and continues to work in this industry since 1991.
I know, I am what most would consider a "power user" spending a lot of my time overclocking and such, and I realize most of America isn't like this, and this is exactly why Apple is so successful right now. As someone who likes to know exactly how everything works and enjoys fixing everything himself I don't like things being so easy lol.

Most coders believe that Windows is just one cluster **** of code and has been for 10 years. It certainly keeps a lot of people employed fixing it.
No doubt here, they have been building on top of the same code since 95. They really need to do a ground up version. 7 cleaned a lot of old crap out though.

If you read carefully, I said market value, not market share.

Apple in terms of value is the biggest tech company in America. And the only thing that has kept Microsoft form completing cratering is the Xbox because i know a lot of companies completely pissed off at the outrageous licensing fee's you have to pay to run Microsoft business apps.

Both companies don't even make the lion share of their profits from desktop PC's...
Yeah, I quoted my article on purpose. I don't think comparing the two like that is even fair, as Microsoft doesn't sell PCs. Of course Apple stock will be worth more, they sell all their own hardware, + the mobile devices and accessories and such.

MS has a lot of accessory sales, but little to no hardware sales. Average sale of an MS product is an OS, 2-300 bucks or less. Average Apple sale is a laptop or desktop, 1,000 +

I used market share to show that 92% of the world's computers run windows, which doesn't mean its better than mac, just means 92% of the world prefers it.

Its just Apples time to outperform Microsoft now and become the big bully on the block. When you start losing people like me, who have been for PC's most of their life, you're in trouble.
Apple is already repeating the same things that tanked them in the past though. Locking the iPhone to ATT was a very poor choice. They would have the market hands down if they had released to all carriers. Android phones will quickly overtake Apple, I think its projected to happen next year sometime. It just makes more sense when you can get a better phone on any carrier for free rather than be stuck to ATT and paying 300 dollars for your phone, +the extra iphone plan.

+1 for having very well constructed arguments though, I can understand why you would prefer Mac over windows having been in IT so long, I know windows has been a sham for a long time, but to be honest, Mac won't ever get close to touching windows unless they quit the lockdown crap they pull. I mean the android os is going to smack Apple pretty hard just because it is open.

Also for the record I prefer Linux, Crunchbang/Arch, and only use windows for playing video games :)

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
EVERY-SINGLE-PHONE out now is an iPhone copy. Not one has come close to being better. As for PC's, don't you just love the 15 minute wait for the box to boot and shut down? Having to schedule defragging sessions and installing/updating all of the spyware and anti-virals? Good times. Yeah, I'll just keep my over-price Mac "toys" and avoid all of the hassles and nonsense. I will say, though, that the one thing that sucks is that for the price, Blue-ray should be standard but I can't complain because an iPhone App helped me to quit smoking! Apple products have, literally, made my life better.
And as for the original question, yes. I'm still on the First Gen. iPhone. Never bothered to upgrade because there wasn't really a point for me. It's pretty beat up, so it's time to retire it and upgrade.
I dunno man, I had a touch screen phone like a year before the iPhone came out. The only thing that was revolutionary about it was the multitouch. The hardware inside was underpowered at release, and has been underpowered in every iPhone since. I'm not knocking on that, because if it doesn't need a lot of power, why put it in there right, my only real issue with Apple is that the specs of the phones should put them in the free section compared to other phones you can get. Jobs is a marketing genius, no one can doubt that. I'll agree with you on the simplicity though, lots of people don't like updating/anti-virus etc. However, those are things that can be fixed with simple education. Don't open stupid emails and go on porn sites all the time, you won't get viruses.

My boot time on windows 7 with an i7-720 is about 26 seconds, I'd recommend getting boot camp and looking into it :)

<< I'm not trying to start a flame war on here at all, hope no one takes it that way o_O I just have strong opinions and love a good debate, but my favorite thing about AM is the only flames happen in Muscletech threads, so lets keep it civil :)

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I dunno man, I had a touch screen phone like a year before the iPhone came out. The only thing that was revolutionary about it was the multitouch. The hardware inside was underpowered at release, and has been underpowered in every iPhone since. I'm not knocking on that, because if it doesn't need a lot of power, why put it in there right, my only real issue with Apple is that the specs of the phones should put them in the free section compared to other phones you can get. Jobs is a marketing genius, no one can doubt that. I'll agree with you on the simplicity though, lots of people don't like updating/anti-virus etc. However, those are things that can be fixed with simple education. Don't open stupid emails and go on porn sites all the time, you won't get viruses.

My boot time on windows 7 with an i7-720 is about 26 seconds, I'd recommend getting boot camp and looking into it :)

<< I'm not trying to start a flame war on here at all, hope no one takes it that way o_O I just have strong opinions and love a good debate, but my favorite thing about AM is the only flames happen in Muscletech threads, so lets keep it civil :)
Q6600 @3.4 Boot Time 20 seconds!:bigeyes:

Xupeta

Awards
That's why i bought a imac and an ipod. Almost no hassles

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
I may sound lame, but right now all i need my phone to do is to talk and text. I wouldn't mind haveing an iPhone but I don't want to pay for a data plan. I actually bought a smartphone a few months ago (nokia e63) but haven't gotten around to using it yet. Main reason i bought it is because it supports wi-fi... when I do get around to using it I'll make sure to disable data.

Maybe someday I'll get a data plan but right now I enjoy saving that little bit of dough. Phone bill right now is usually around $58 with AT&T, which is still overpriced if you ask me.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah it is, 99% of people can do any type of graphic editing they need to do with free applications and integrated graphics. I am talking about enterprise level graphic design, which a lot of companies use macs for. Average user does not need a workstation graphic processor.
Agreed...but the point is they get it regardless. Its not like I"m spending 2k on a macbook....the one I use cost $999 and runs everything I want with much less hassle of a windows PC.

Well with Apple being nix based that is a given. The code is more modular than the windows cluster****. I could install linux on any mac and it will perform even better than mac OS. I actually use crunchbang 90% of the time on my computer. Honestly the PC/MAC battle was finished as soon as Apple started using intel. I can put OSX on my laptop now and it would be a mac. I could put windows 7 on your mac and it would be a PC. People are literally paying for the Apple logo now. That's not really an opinion either, its just fact.
Having used both, Windows has a much harder time crossing platforms than Mac's do. It simply is not the same.

The market share that I linked clearly shows people are not sick of windows. 92% of the world uses it, 1, because Apple dropped the ball back when all businesses became automated, and people just won't change now. It would cost too much to retrain everyone, and productivity would drop too much. That and 90% of applications don't support Apple, so people would have even more downtime finding alternatives. On the games, have you used windows 7? It's pretty darn quick. And 95% of games can't run on mac, because microsoft won with DirectX back in the day also. No one codes there games in OpenGL (there are a few) everyone used DirectX. Honestly I hope they start using OGL more so I can forever drp windows in lieu of Linux. Steam coming to mac/linux is a step in the right direction though.
The graphic you show simply illustrates the dominance they have had over the last 30 years in business. That drives market share, not individual home users. Its not because people prefer it, its because its a necessity to function given their almost monopoly like status in business. With platforms being able to crossover more easily you are seeing many business's replacing PC's with Mac's. Go into most newsrooms and its dominated by Mac's. That market share was built up over 3 decades of dominance which is being eroded daily. A friend of mine is a CIO of a publicly traded fashion line and they have already started experimenting with Mac's. When you see people like that starting to switch over, the trend is fairly easy to see.

I know, I am what most would consider a "power user" spending a lot of my time overclocking and such, and I realize most of America isn't like this, and this is exactly why Apple is so successful right now. As someone who likes to know exactly how everything works and enjoys fixing everything himself I don't like things being so easy lol.

As was I. I simply don't need to do that anymore (mainly because is got old). Most of the tinkering you do is more of curiosity and the need to tweak as much you can get out of a system...not an act of necessity.

Yeah, I quoted my article on purpose. I don't think comparing the two like that is even fair, as Microsoft doesn't sell PCs. Of course Apple stock will be worth more, they sell all their own hardware, + the mobile devices and accessories and such.
They have market share because of outrageous licensing fee's. If you think Apple is gouging people because of 40-60% margins, check out what Microsoft charges for many of their business management software packages. Its highway robbery. People have been dying for alternatives for 20 years.

MS has a lot of accessory sales, but little to no hardware sales. Average sale of an MS product is an OS, 2-300 bucks or less. Average Apple sale is a laptop or desktop, 1,000 +
Apples makes money off of Iphones, Ipod's and Itunes. Desktops are a very small part. Microsoft is still around because of licensing and Xbox.

I used market share to show that 92% of the world's computers run windows, which doesn't mean its better than mac, just means 92% of the world prefers it.
Which took 30 years to achieve and probably take another 20 years to erase.

Apple is already repeating the same things that tanked them in the past though. Locking the iPhone to ATT was a very poor choice. They would have the market hands down if they had released to all carriers. Android phones will quickly overtake Apple, I think its projected to happen next year sometime. It just makes more sense when you can get a better phone on any carrier for free rather than be stuck to ATT and paying 300 dollars for your phone, +the extra iphone plan.
I'll make you a bet it never happens.

+1 for having very well constructed arguments though, I can understand why you would prefer Mac over windows having been in IT so long, I know windows has been a sham for a long time, but to be honest, Mac won't ever get close to touching windows unless they quit the lockdown crap they pull. I mean the android os is going to smack Apple pretty hard just because it is open.
I use both. One (Mac) because I choose too. One (PC) because I have too.

Also for the record I prefer Linux, Crunchbang/Arch, and only use windows for playing video games :)
In true, power user, IT, fashion....

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
so what is the F*** fact here Apple was dead but is on track again by ipods and iphones!!!!
And Microsoft was dead if it wasn't for their Xbox which by all tech head accounts is ......underpowered. PS3 is more powerful all around. Did that help them? So whats your point?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dunno man, I had a touch screen phone like a year before the iPhone came out. The only thing that was revolutionary about it was the multitouch.
Nothing at the time even came close to its ease of use and sheer simplicity of doing basic functions. The touchscreen alternatives at the time were horrible. Web browsing was 10x better than anything out there. Blackberry responded by releasing the Storm which was horrible.

Apple was by far the most innovative when it came out with the Iphone. Everyone has been copying them and trying to improve on it since.

The only big problem they have, which I agree with, is their AT&T relationship.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
personally i'll probably never get a touch screen again, i couldn't take using the iphone for txting and things, it was awful, not to mention all the dropped calls and overheating......i'd rather just some crappy pda like the blackberry curve or something, atleast i don't have to worry about the phone not working at all

mac is just overpriced nonsense to me, even my itouch which was free was overpriced haha

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I couldn't stand touchscreens and now I can't stand keyboards and that's why I didn't go with the Droid before now. Their most pwerful phone had a sliding qwerty keyboard. Their new one doesn't.

bradleywiens

bradleywiens

Awards
  • Established
Pre orders tomorrow! :fing02:

For all the haters, you're gonna be missing out!

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
^ Well said Wyatt, I agree with most of your points up there, but really don't want to spend an hour typing up a post lol!

I'm going to agree to disagree, since it is all a matter of preference anyway :D

I'm all about bang for the buck, and honestly, whenever I buy a new gadget, I do pretty extensive research on how much I can tweak it before hand lol. I can't have a gadget that I can't spend hours messing with.

You are definitiely right about curiosity, overclocking a cell phone = useless, but its very interesting lol!

iPhone 4 is actually the first "i" product that has a good value too, looks like the case is solid, and I like the design a lot, just not a huge fan of the iOS and how Apple is locking the OS down so much. It's good for average joes though, and I am sure some day I will tire of tinkering :D

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
iPhone 4 is actually the first "i" product that has a good value too, looks like the case is solid, and I like the design a lot, just not a huge fan of the iOS and how Apple is locking the OS down so much. It's good for average joes though, and I am sure some day I will tire of tinkering :D
They haven't locked down anything. Case in point, I installed it and its not even out yet ;)

:D