Uh...some HR lady screwed up my insurance, now I am FUBAR?

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
So I went to an ENT(Ear Nose and Throat doc) and to the Hospital once. Been enjoying having insurance.

Made a dentist appointment for today. Well I come to find out I have no insurance....

Somehow the idiot of an HR lady screwed up. About 2 months ago I asked for to get the Insurance company to mail out new cards for me because I lost the old ones. Well after calling the insurance company, they said that about that time I had given permission to cancel my insurance ..... o.0

I am currently working for a temp agency and hate it. Just bringing this up will probably cause them to let me go from work(Ohio laws, at will work force, and better yet there are laws that keep temps smashed down).

I remember distinctly that the lady said "I went ahead and signed the papers for you, is that alright" They day I was leaving when I wanted new Cards... Now I have no insurance, and about 2000 bucks at least in medical bills that will flow if I dont get it taken care of. But the insurance said they had a paper with my signature on it saying I was canceling, so now she send in the wrong thing? I can prove its not my signature for sure if it came down to that. Mine is unique.

But point being, WTF do I do now?

Hell I am not going to work today because of this. I had my apt at 8am, but she just called the house and I am about to call back(she knew I had an appt today, dumb broad). And inform her I have to figure this out, the 40 bucks I will make for 4 hours of work does not equate to 2000 bucks that Her company will be covering come hell or high water.

What are my options, or am I just screwed? Tired of bullcrap.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Complain, whine, and throw a fit until you get your way. Seriously.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think you should just state your case and ask for a copy of the signed paperwork to start with. However, if that fails and you're part of a temp hire, you're pretty much fubar

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Now, do you pay for this normally? Did not notice if it was still being taken from your paycheck? If they were still taking money for insurance, but not providing it, then obviously you have a case. If you stopped the withdrawl, they will say you should have noticed that. But if they cannot produce the paperwork, you have a case as well, albeit a much weaker one if they did not collect funds.