What would you do with 30 hour days?

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
What if you had an extra six hours per day? Would you make it productive? What would you be doing with that extra time?? Im almost afraid to know what some of you may do with your time :lol:

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Honestly I would love it more than anything. I would be productive with all the time i currently waste, and take those 6 hours to waste :)

Of course knowing greedy bastards in America, they would try to extend work days to 10 or 12 hours standard...

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
I would spend more time making music... And SLEEPING. Im pretty busy between managing our stores, working out, cooking, working my dog, making music and trying to get some quality shut eye. the extra 6 would probably go towards recreation.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I would spend more time making music... And SLEEPING. Im pretty busy between managing our stores, working out, cooking, working my dog, making music and trying to get some quality shut eye. the extra 6 would probably go towards recreation.
and you were worried about what were doing huh...

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
and you were worried about what were doing huh...
I train my dog for competition weight pull. I have a pitbull a little over a year and we do drag sledding in the back yard and a lot of hand walking.

no beastin' here :laughing:

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
my boy chino

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you guys want more hours in your day... Uberman sleep cycle. Look it up.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
I looked it up............ Strange. Very strange. Don't think I could get away with napping at work. LOL

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Great looking animal, but is his head stuck down like that? lol

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I looked it up. Dont think it would work for me, how can a guy grow with only 2 hours of sleep in a 24 hour period? Does look nice if I am ever in a survival situation though!

But you also need hormone regulation, GH output to maintain, and plenty of other kinds of sleep besides REM.

This is from a guy who has often slept for 3-4 hours, worked, then took a 3-4 hour nap post work. And kept going...Actually...that was a schedule for along time.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I looked it up. Dont think it would work for me, how can a guy grow with only 2 hours of sleep in a 24 hour period? Does look nice if I am ever in a survival situation though!

But you also need hormone regulation, GH output to maintain, and plenty of other kinds of sleep besides REM.

This is from a guy who has often slept for 3-4 hours, worked, then took a 3-4 hour nap post work. And kept going...Actually...that was a schedule for along time.
Well you wouldn't get much growing done doing it that's why they say never try it for more than 6 months. You wouldn't be working out if you were doing it.

The idea is that your body adjusts to the naps and sends you straight into REM right away for every nap. This way you'd get pure 2 and a half hours of REM a day which is more REM than someone sleeping 8 hours a day and thus your cognitive functions would be AMAZING while doing it. And you get to be awake for 22 hours everyday and feel like a million bucks... Wtf would you do with 22 hours of wakefulness everyday? They say you better have a project or something to keep you busy.

I've always said I'd try it if I get into grad school for the loads of extra time it would give me. People who have done it say time becomes meaningless, that there is no today or tomorrow but constant life flowing and day changing. It's pretty crazy but it's scientifically sound (REM rebound effect) and safe (it's not sleep deprivation) to do it for 6 months and it's thought that many of histories geniuses have practiced some form of this sleeping.

Anyone who really wants that much time on their hands.. there you go.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Well you wouldn't get much growing done doing it that's why they say never try it for more than 6 months. You wouldn't be working out if you were doing it.

The idea is that your body adjusts to the naps and sends you straight into REM right away for every nap. This way you'd get pure 2 and a half hours of REM a day which is more REM than someone sleeping 8 hours a day and thus your cognitive functions would be AMAZING while doing it. And you get to be awake for 22 hours everyday and feel like a million bucks... Wtf would you do with 22 hours of wakefulness everyday? They say you better have a project or something to keep you busy.

I've always said I'd try it if I get into grad school for the loads of extra time it would give me. People who have done it say time becomes meaningless, that there is no today or tomorrow but constant life flowing and day changing. It's pretty crazy but it's scientifically sound (REM rebound effect) and safe (it's not sleep deprivation) to do it for 6 months and it's thought that many of histories geniuses have practiced some form of this sleeping.

Anyone who really wants that much time on their hands.. there you go.
As someone who is a writer and tinkerer(I invent various things that someday I hope I could get a patent on) I think it sounds like a brilliant system. But lets not forget, cocaine used to be commonly accepted for use by the worlds brightest for centuries ^.^ I am sure that could help out. Half the greatest psychologists themselves were avid users.

It is something I would like to try next time I am just "staying" at a certain level of being in shape. And after I find out some hormonal issues. But I think it would be amazing to have a 22 hour day.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Great looking animal, but is his head stuck down like that? lol
no when dogs weight pull to evenly distribute their weight, it helps them to lower their head. also, he's still a pup at just one year old so he was smelling EVERYTHING that day.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As someone who is a writer and tinkerer(I invent various things that someday I hope I could get a patent on) I think it sounds like a brilliant system. But lets not forget, cocaine used to be commonly accepted for use by the worlds brightest for centuries ^.^ I am sure that could help out. Half the greatest psychologists themselves were avid users.

It is something I would like to try next time I am just "staying" at a certain level of being in shape. And after I find out some hormonal issues. But I think it would be amazing to have a 22 hour day.
Haha that's true. Well said.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If I had 6 more hours in the day, I'd hope that they were night. Not that I want to sleep an extra 6, but I don't like the light so much and would rather it be dark. In the dark, I'd probably take 2 hours riding the bike around with the LEDs on (night riding FTW, btw...), 2 hours playin' with Izzie, and hour to catch up on DVR'ed shows I don't usually get to watch, and an hour sleeping. I'd call that being pretty productive. :)

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
work more, study more and lift more....:)