What are your goals?

Workman

Banned
Awards
Just wondering what differnet people's goals are.

Some guys want to compete in bodybuilding, some just want to add 15 lbs of muscle, some want to drop fat and some want to use weight lifting to augment another sport, lift just because they enjoy it etc.

Why do you lift, eat properly, use prohormones etc???????

Inzah Dude

Awards
I want to bench 200 by the end of the school year. Who knows I might get it long before then. I also want to lose some fat. 20 pounds would be nice. Who knows tho.

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Workman
Just wondering what differnet people's goals are.

Some guys want to compete in bodybuilding, some just want to add 15 lbs of muscle, some want to drop fat and some want to use weight lifting to augment another sport, lift just because they enjoy it etc.

Why do you lift, eat properly, use prohormones etc???????

Id like to be a solid 200lbs @ 8-10% BF.  Right now Im around 205 @ probably 14%.  Quite a bit of work to go and my pecs aren't helping out.  They LOVE to carry fat on the outsides and makes my chest look utterly goofy.  They are the last thing to go on my body, so its discouraging sometimes :D.  Hey, if it was easy, everyone would do it.

WYD

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Not exactly to compete, but I have always aimed for betterment: bigger, leaner, better :) Probably just keep going until it's too difficult to maintain, then maintanin at what I consider comfortable.

labrad

Awards
  • Established
Goals? To get bigger and stronger. I don't have any specific goals like gain X amount of weight or being able to lift Y etc. I truly enjoy going to the gym. That is why I do it.

dez/null

Awards
My goal is to prove that genetics don't have jack **** to do with anything.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I want to compete in my first bb contest not this summer but the next. I also want to get my bf down by April..

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Too not be called a Toolshed in the BDC chat by said YJ....

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
Get to around 250, somewhere under 10%bf and then maintain as little bf gain as possible while in a long, clean bulk. Go up to 320. Basically get my old body back (shredded 250), then see what kind of improvements I can make.

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established
Compete Nationally (Canada) in the teen level by 19.

bellx1

Awards
June 1st ... i will be 250 lbs. and 10% or less BF....

At 220 @ 10% BF now...

I will do this !!!!!

Last edited:

John Benz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am still bulking and up to about 237. Now my goal is to get to about 220 @ 7% bf for summer. Women love those razor sharp abs. :)

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
have a year left of undergraduate, going into to grad/med school to focus on physical therapy/sports nutrtiion and on top of that, i see myself being a trainer to back my profession as well. So thats the main stucture why my goals of looking, knowing, and felling my best comes. As far as weights/bf%, not too much of an issue b/c i believe my goals of the best possible physique for me will come with improvement in both areas. but lets see...@ 5'9-5'10....low 200's at 8% and lower would be jolly. Sage

TheCSWFighter

Awards
Started out with it to improve my strength for full contact fighting and wrestling. I also do it for football and as i got more into training i got more into the bodybuilding world. I was on a junior olympic wieghtlifting team about 3 years ago but it wasn;t really my thing at the time. I did it for a year and quit so of course getting into bodybuilding it helped knowing how do do things such as good mornings, deadlifts, hungarian deadlifts etc with perfect form cause that was stressed all the time. Which is good and now I hope to compete as well as still compete in mixed martial arts. My main inspiration in training the way bodybuilders do is that many fighters have been skeptical of it and then i heard that Frank Shamrock (Not ken) trained the way bodybuilders did and obviously it worked good for him. And then as I got into it it just kind of fealt like something i was attracted to naturally. Also to hopefully do the same thing that dez hopes to do. I'm waiting to reach an all out just about unbreakable plateau with regular training and eating before starting prohormones. So knowing this i'm taking the increase of sets and so on and so forth gradually.

pudgy

Awards
id like to have my own zip code. lol my immeadiate goals are a sharp reduction in body fat.

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
goals

right now i want to reach 405 on squat (at 335 right now), 315 on bench (at 275 now), 185 on mil press (155 now) and 405 on deadlift (335 now).

by summer i wanna be 190, bf no more than 10%. right now 220 and prolly 15-20%bf.

not really interested in competing or anything...i jus love to lift and enjoy the journey. and like dez said to prove genetics mean nuthin.

Mega NRG Man

Mega NRG Man

Awards
I'd rather not talk about my personal hurdles, some of which are driven by vengeance, right now. I don't know you folks well enough to do so.

However, I do want to earn the body that a Demigod like myself deserves, along with the impressive physical strength and charismatic aura that it gives off. :lol: -Especially- the charismatic aura. Lose some fat, add some bulk. I don't need to look like Ah-Nuld, but if it was possible, that'd be good too.

I also train in MA so it will be a boon in that area as well.