oil spill clean up

purelife1

has anyone here signed up to help with the cleanup..there are adds on craigslist here...im in need of $$$ as was considering it

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
we're 2 weeks away from a move to Biloxi. I'd love to volunteer to clean up when we get settled there. Pretty sad too (not just the wildlife) but their beaches are pretty nice now after the rebuild.

Southrn

Awards
we're 2 weeks away from a move to Biloxi. I'd love to volunteer to clean up when we get settled there. Pretty sad too (not just the wildlife) but their beaches are pretty nice now after the rebuild.
I'm from Biloxi myself, ended up taking a free hazmat course that they were offering so I can do a little volunteering. I hope you have a save move down here to Biloxi.

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
It seems it may get worse before it gets better. The safety valve 5000 feet below the ocean failed. It's deep, and the pressures are very high. When the valve failed, the casings became super pressurized causing the explosion and ensuing fire at the surface. If that oil rig couldn't contain the pressures in the casing, I don't see how anything else they throw at it will.