Had gyno surgery yesterday!

Pec

Awards
Well, it's 24 hours later and all seems well. Tomorrow I will remove the bandage and gauze to see the results. I took tylenol testerday but haven't needed any today. I can feel that the surrounding area is sore. I did a sust/dec/winny cycle 10 months ago and gyno appeared six months after the fact. I even didproper PCT. Had blood tests taken and everything was normal. The doc said on the right side he made an incision from 9-12 o'clock and on the left 12-2 o'clock. I chose to have it removed because of the pain. It was annoying, especially for someone as active as me. Insurance covered it so I said what the hell. If you guys have any questions feel free to ask.

Tahq

Awards
I'm glad all is well and hope you have a quick recovery. A couple questions...What did you say to your Doc about the gyno? Did you 'fess up' or just present the problem, as I'm sure everyone is wondering how to best get insurance to cover the expense? Did you have the entire gland removed and/or just fatty tissue? What kind of recovery time are you looking at before you can return to normal lifting as I'v read everything from 2 weeks to 3 months?

PumpingBricks70

Awards
I too have had gyno surgery. Who is your plastic surgeon? How much did it cost? What type of anesthesia did they use?

Pec

Awards
Insurance covered it for only one reason, my mother had breast cancer. My insurance co. didn't argue for a second. I didn't use a plastic surgeon, even though most people say to. The doctor I used came highly recommended so I went with him. I even went to the hospital to talk with nurses who saw him operate and they said he made better cuts than some plastic surgeons they've seen. I just had fatty tissue removed and not the gland. In terms of getting back to lifting, I'm not sure how long. Chest workouts will take the longest but I will do what I feel my body can as soon as possible. Healing properly should be my main concern so I'm in no hurry. The time off wil lkill me but I will do what I have to do.

Pec

Awards
Hey Tahq, I never fessed up that I was on before. He said he is seeing more and more gyno in men now a days. It can come from several causes so I never confessed. Genetics, certain foods, pesticides on food, etc.

Technics

Technics

Awards
hope you get well.

1 question: u didnt get any sides after ur cycle, and out of nowhere 6 months later u get gyno? is that what happend?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
yeah, right. I'd be weary of anyone that made this comment.
cc

Foods I'm sure about but the pesticide issue is real. Many pesticide/chemical metabolites are being found to mimic estrogen in the body. These are called "xenoestrogens" are they are showing up everywhere..water, soil, food chain.

Many municipal water filtration systems are ill equipped to remove estrogens and xenoestrogens from water supplies.

Pec

Awards
Six months later is right! Only on left side though. Then 8 months later I got it on the right too. I was taking nothing other than creatine, glut, flax, and glut. Go figure. Blood tests were normal too. Tissue that was removed is being biopsied but the mamo and ultrasound showed gyno. Doc was 99.9% sure.

ripper2

Awards
Foods I'm sure about but the pesticide issue is real. Many pesticide/chemical metabolites are being found to mimic estrogen in the body. These are called "xenoestrogens" are they are showing up everywhere..water, soil, food chain.

Many municipal water filtration systems are ill equipped to remove estrogens and xenoestrogens from water supplies.
i read that a lot of this is caused by plastics our food is prepared/stored in.

size

Awards
  • Established
If I had to guess, more gyno cases are probably due to more people being overweight at an early age.