Cassavus

I never had any interest in seeing the movie, so needless to say I never saw it in theaters. Well my brother in law had me watch it last night, even though I wasn't in the mood to sit for 3 hours watching anything. HOLY CRAP!!! I now regret not going and seeing it in 3D! :( Truly one of the best movies I've ever seen! I ran out and bought it today and watched it again. Did any of you wait till it came out to see it? What did you think of it?

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
Great looking, by all means, but it was just the same old savior story.

Deeerdre

Deeerdre

Awards
  • Established
I thought it was lame but thats just me...I'm not into aliens boning and stuff like that

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I thought it was lame but thats just me...I'm not into aliens boning and stuff like that
no but I am ^.^

Honestly though I wish I could live the way the Na'Vi did in that movie...Basically how the indians used to live. Man I hate capitalism, and industrialized nations...:1244:

Deeerdre

Deeerdre

Awards
  • Established
no but I am ^.^

Honestly though I wish I could live the way the Na'Vi did in that movie...Basically how the indians used to live. Man I hate capitalism, and industrialized nations...:1244:
lmao. I wish i could have been that gerneral dude that guys a bamf other then that i disliked it

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Sick movie, 3d theater was awesome. Movies like that amaze me.. so pretty.

Cassavus

To each their own... Lol!

no but I am ^.^

What got me more than anything was how they appreciated everything so much. They saw the beauty in all living things. I thought that was probably the greatest aspect of the movie! I mean, I'm no "environmentalist" but I do appreciate the beauty of the world very much. I can honestly say that there is not a day that goes by that I don't take at least a few moments to appreciate what our Creator has done. It warms the soul. Anyway that's what I got most out of the movie. The appreciation and beauty of life.

EustisPanther

EustisPanther

Awards
  • Established
I saw it in theaters ... My girlfriend wanted to go and I figured I'd be bored out of my mind the whole time. I'm not into fantasy, or anything similar to this movie. But honestly by the time I left I would have sat and watched it again. I thought it was one of the best films I've ever seen. I want to have my own flying creature lol... cut down on the morning commute.

Cassavus

I saw it in theaters ... My girlfriend wanted to go and I figured I'd be bored out of my mind the whole time. I'm not into fantasy, or anything similar to this movie. But honestly by the time I left I would have sat and watched it again. I thought it was one of the best films I've ever seen. I want to have my own flying creature lol... cut down on the morning commute.
That's exactly how it was for me. I watched it and wanted to just start the movie over and go again. Let me tell ya if I had one of those creatures, I sure as hell wouldn't be going to work for a little while! Lol!

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
I was skeptical at first but overall it was pretty good. I like that there was equal time between story development and action (a little over an hr of each), which rarely happens anymore. I didn't like the whole tree hugger aspect of it, but sometimes its not such a bad message.

tWack

tWack

Awards
  • Established
I went to the 3D-version twice and I never go to a theatre

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I waited until the DVD came out and I enjoyed it but it wasn't a new story or anything.

EustisPanther

EustisPanther

Awards
  • Established
No it definitely wasn't a new story and it was pretty easy to figure out after five minutes. But there was something about the movie that really pulled me into it. The graphics/characters/and cinematography were great.

The last time I actually enjoyed a 3 hour movie it was Star Wars (take your pick)... YEAH I like Star Wars lol..

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
i got it and turned it off half way through. thought it was the dumbest movie i had ever seen, and ive seen alot of pauly shore movies. it was literally Pocahontas, just with aliens. after seeing that it improves my love for The Hurt Locker and how much more deserving it was to win best picture.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
yeah one of the best if not the best film ive ever seen. when i went to see it i stayed in theatre for a 2nd viewing

Cassavus

No it definitely wasn't a new story and it was pretty easy to figure out after five minutes. But there was something about the movie that really pulled me into it. The graphics/characters/and cinematography were great.

The last time I actually enjoyed a 3 hour movie it was Star Wars (take your pick)... YEAH I like Star Wars lol..
Usually with longer movies I tend to be glad that it's finally over, even if it was a good movie. But not this time...I didn't want it to end.

i got it and turned it off half way through. thought it was the dumbest movie i had ever seen, and ive seen alot of pauly shore movies. it was literally Pocahontas, just with aliens. after seeing that it improves my love for The Hurt Locker and how much more deserving it was to win best picture.
Haha! In the middle of the movie, Pocahontas did come to mind. But I feel Avatar is a million times better! I also agree that The Hurt Locker deserved best picture. It's easily one of the best movies I've ever seen...I've watched it at least 12 times. :yup:

wespebane

Awards
The story was kind of meh in my opinion, but the visuals were unreal. My wife actually thought they did live action in a lot of the parts and it took a lot of convincing that it was computer generated. We watched it on blue-ray, though ... when I popped in the DVD to show her the difference she saw it right away.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
waiting on netflix to get it in so i can watch it..

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It was Dances with wolves in space.
LOL, I just watched Avatar and thought the same thing.

If it weren't for the cool CGI and the hopes of seeing a blue alien boobie, I might not have finished the movie :boobies:

I didn't hate it, but I probably won't watch it again. Maybe it would have seemed better if all the hype didn't have me expecting so much of it.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The movie made the most of a rather trite plot line.

I thought the 3D version was more of a gimmick - made the peripheral visuals a little blurry.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
LOL, I just watched Avatar and thought the same thing.

If it weren't for the cool CGI and the hopes of seeing a blue alien boobie, I might not have finished the movie :boobies:

I didn't hate it, but I probably won't watch it again. Maybe it would have seemed better if all the hype didn't have me expecting so much of it.
I thought it was pretty good...

and glad to know I wasnt the only one hoping for this haha

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I thought it was pretty good...

and glad to know I wasnt the only one hoping for this haha
Hey as an honest man, that Na'vi chick was hot as hell, you could literally "get some tail" :bigok:

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
I saw it yesterday for the first time. Solid movie! Basically ferngully and dances with wolves re-hashed...but still awesome.

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
I saw it yesterday for the first time. Solid movie! Basically ferngully and dances with wolves re-hashed...but still awesome.
Haha , Ferngully . SSo I'm not the only one who used watch that movie . Good to know . Storyline was not new but it was well done cgi and entertaining throughout . I am by no means a treehugging hippie but I do have a respect for all life and I could really appreciate theat theme throughout the movie . I actually feel bad when I kill a spider and f*ckin hate spiders . I don't kille m unless they get inside the house and all bets are off . But still they are just lookn for a place to set up camp and get some grub ya know? How f*kd up would it be for someone to come along squash your head while your at the grocery store? IDK ...

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
Hey as an honest man, that Na'vi chick was hot as hell, you could literally "get some tail" :bigok:
ha, word bro....

And someone told me today that they were going to put this in theaters again sometime this summer with a bunch of extra footage they took out... not sure of the accuracy of this but maybe they will rate it R and show some alien booty.. haha

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I think the hurt lock blew and the only reason it won best picture was for political reasons. I would not put that movie in the same category as Full Metal Jacket. That being said, Avatar was alright. It was good in 3D and had great visuals, but it was not the best movie I ever seen. I think Inglorious Basterds should have won.

fmfws185

Awards
I liked the movie. But the one thing that kind of made me mad was that they had all these crazy looking land creatures I wanted to see what was in the ocean.
On a side note I saw that movie the last airbender that's based of the cartoon from nickleodeon call AVATAR. Stupidest movie I ever seen. I'm a huge fan of the cartoon. The movie sucked I wish I didn't spend my money on it

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I liked the movie. But the one thing that kind of made me mad was that they had all these crazy looking land creatures I wanted to see what was in the ocean.
On a side note I saw that movie the last airbender that's based of the cartoon from nickleodeon call AVATAR. Stupidest movie I ever seen. I'm a huge fan of the cartoon. The movie sucked I wish I didn't spend my money on it
I wonder what ****ty movie M. Night is going to make next. He went from the Sixth Sense to that **** movie Lady in the water and then that stupid airbender movie. What's next? He might as well film a guy taking a ****, because thats what it's like watching his new movies.

fmfws185

Awards
I wonder what ****ty movie M. Night is going to make next. He went from the Sixth Sense to that **** movie Lady in the water and then that stupid airbender movie. What's next? He might as well film a guy taking a ****, because thats what it's like watching his new movies.
LMAOOOOOOOO he should stop directing. That movie could have made a lot of money if that dumbass didn't direct it.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey, Signs was a good movie....

Everybody complains about the dude but the funny thing is, he hasn't had one movie make less then 2X the budget. Which by hwood standards is pure gold. He'll be making many more....

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Hey, Signs was a good movie....

Everybody complains about the dude but the funny thing is, he hasn't had one movie make less then 2X the budget. Which by hwood standards is pure gold. He'll be making many more....
I did like signs as well.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think the hurt lock blew and the only reason it won best picture was for political reasons. I would not put that movie in the same category as Full Metal Jacket. That being said, Avatar was alright. It was good in 3D and had great visuals, but it was not the best movie I ever seen. I think Inglorious Basterds should have won.
I agree, hurt locker sucked big time.