Media Myths

200wannabe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just for fun..

What are the best myths you hear in the media and down the gym..

I think all time best has to be 'spot reduction'

High reps to cut?

Fat makes you fat...

Alt+F4

Back in the gym after 6 months of being a *****
Awards
I guess VH1 is media...I was watching a show last night on celebrity assistants (ie makeup, hair, exercise, nutrition, etc) and they showed this "nutritionist to the stars", some old wrinkly broad. Her first sentence ruined whatever credibility they claimed she had. She said:

"I walked into one famous movie stars house for our consultation and he was eating SCRAMBLED EGGS! I prompty threw them away, took out my blender, and made him one of my shakes"

Throwing away eggs in favor of a shake? :confused:

TooL

Awards
Squating is bad for the knees. It amazes how many doctors believe this one as well.

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
"Don't want to use weights because you'll get too bulky". We've all heard women say this, but some I can remember HS basketball players being told not to lift by their coaches for this reason. They said it would slow them down make their shoulders too tight.

It took me several years of hard work to get bulky, & these idiots think it can happen by accident.

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
"as long as i dont eat carbs, i have stuff my face w/ all the nasty foods i want, as often as i want and i will get skinnier!"

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
My favorite myth is that you can eat all you want until 6 pm buit anything you eat after that stores a fat.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
supplements are a waste and ephedra is a performance enhancer

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
I got two:

Steroids dont work. (Started by Weider)
Steroids are evil. (also started by Weider)

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Creatine can make your grow tits.

I'm sure spot reduction is the most popular. Every infomercial on TV expresses it in some form or another.

buddy6

Awards
creatine will make your balls shrink, lol

Last edited:

Chunky

Awards
My favorite myth is that you can eat all you want until 6 pm buit anything you eat after that stores a fat.
But carbs after a certain time in the day wouldn't be use as energy since later in the day you're mostly inactive, why taking in carbs, their only use is energy.

I tend to believe a bi of anything that I read, but isn't a part of this myth being true ?

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Not really. Muscle is an active tissue, it burns energy even if sit your ass by the computer right now and reading this:D So, more muscle you have more energy you burn.

Chunky

Awards
But since your metabolism is slower at night, would that be correct to say that eating carbs at night can be okay, as long as you don't take in a pretty good amount, like you would do at the start of the day ?

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i would make sure it is low gi, but your metabolism dosent lower that much at night

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That shocking the **** out of your abs with some short burst of current will turn you into a chizled work of art.

Adams