Anyone ever claimed disability?

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
I have several issues. Most noticeably my back and knee. My back was injured back in 2006 and I compressed my L3 and L4...it hasn't been the same since. There is plenty of medical documentation of that injury.

Back in November I hurt my knee somehow doing lunges...initially the Dr thought it was bursitis, but after a round of steroids and a cortisol shot straight in the knee, it never improved. The next step was X-rays to see what was wrong but I never got them done (low on money...laid off 14 months).

I tried to do some temp work last week, but my knee and back wouldn't hold up. I ended up with my jaw and teeth aching from me gritting my teeth from the pain.

Other issues I have run the gambit of things I have heard other people getting disability for...high blood pressure (high even while on meds), sleep apnea, insomnia, severe depression (been on every med available, nothing works for me), headaches (one or two a week...sometimes so bad I have to shut all the blinds and turn off the lights).

So what is involved in getting disability? It's not something I want to do, but it seems all any potential employer wants me to do is lift stuff and my body just isn't holding up to be able to do that. I'm afraid of more severe permanent damage to my back or knee, or having a dizzy spell at the wrong time and injuring myself or someone else.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
I dont know all the details behind it, but my mom got on disability... only thing i know is that it took over 2 years for her to get it, she does draw her normal a month now, plus she will draw extra for the two years she had to wait in back pay... but thats all i know about it bro..