Seen this on the news, privacy issue...

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
People Search | White Pages | Phone Book | FREE!

This was on the news. Go on there, punch in your name...see your address, ethnicity, and more. And if your a member, you can access deep information like the persons religion, income level, credit, and more...

Its called Spokeo.com.....

Jurassic

Jurassic

Awards
"We could not locate 'jacob bXXXXX'.
Are you sure you spelled the person's name correctly?"

HA

Vengeance187

Vengeance187

Awards
HAHA, they must get that information from when you sign up for free samples or other means. It says I'm 60, and I always put a fake age when I request free stuff. It also says my house is worth more than 1M...I wish! Everything but the names of the residents is wrong.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
HAHA, they must get that information from when you sign up for free samples or other means. It says I'm 60, and I always put a fake age when I request free stuff. It also says my house is worth more than 1M...I wish! Everything but the names of the residents is wrong.
Same, it is iffy on me too. But it does seem to have accurate income reports on them if your a member, and it does list family members(though sometimes off). It had my age as "early 20's" which is accurate.

But it also said I had kids and was in a relationship.

The scary part is, this is first generation...as with all things, the 2nd and 3rd generations of it are what make it what it is.

This is just the first trial at such things...

Deeerdre

Deeerdre

Awards
  • Established
seems like ......... invasion of privacy lol

Jurassic

Jurassic

Awards
It's like privacy breech for computer noobs.
If you really wanted to find somebody you could log their IP address, hack their network and then do as you wish with their computer files.

Does anybody know for sure how this finds people? I typed in my mom's name, she shows up on google because she has a lot of published research etc. but doesn't show up on here.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Scary! I'm glad some of the info is wrong.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it has everything on me. I just wish the home value it has was even remotely plausable

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
"likes toys" came in as a hobby for me, uhhh......

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
"likes toys" came in as a hobby for me, uhhh......
They been spying on you with your rubber ducky in the bathtub bud.

it has everything on me. I just wish the home value it has was even remotely plausable
I was thinking it would be kinda cool if my home value was really 1M + hahah

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
Wow... I don't even know what to say about this...

Sam I Am

Sam I Am

Banned
Awards
Yep, I saw this earlier this year. Its basic collection/dumping (usually through payment or trade) of personal information that sneaky little applications keep about you. A lot of doctor's sell certain information about you that you may not know about. If you ever fill a form out that asks question regarding daily activities/products/lifestyle, you need to ask if the information will be sold to 3rd party information collectors, and if they say yes, tell them to f*ck a goat... or no. Whichever is best for you. I NEVER fill out surveys online - NEVER!

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That was weird they had my name, then had two cities I lived in but the house address' were wrong and the pics and info were also wrong...hmmmmmm

Vtaper

Awards
yeah, mine was a little off too. Says I still live with my mom in a house worth a million dollars!

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
wtf.....sHOULD i BE WORIED...AT THIS POINT...NOT!!!!

iDShaDoW

Awards
It said I'm in my 50s and live in a $1.2 million house.

Maybe it can predict the future? :p