No-carb eating couple booted from buffet - AnabolicMinds.com

No-carb eating couple booted from buffet

1. New Member

from: http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/West/04/2....ap/index.html

Friday, April 23, 2004 Posted: 11:21 PM EDT (0321 GMT)

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (AP) -- A couple on a low-carb diet were kicked out of a buffet restaurant after the manager said they'd eaten too much roast beef.

Sui Amaama, who along with his wife have been on the Atkins Diet for two weeks, was asked to leave after he went up to the buffet at the Chuck-A-Rama in suburban Taylorsville for his 12th slice of roast beef.

"It's so embarrassing actually," said Isabelle Leota, Amaama's wife. "We went in to have dinner, we were under the impression Chuck-A-Rama was an all-you-can-eat establishment."

Not so, said Jack Johanson, the restaurant chain's district manager.

"We've never claimed to be an all-you-can-eat establishment," said Johanson. "Our understanding is a buffet is just a style of eating."

The general manager who was carving the meat Tuesday became concerned about having enough for other patrons and asked Amaama to stop, Johanson said.

Offended, the couple asked for a refund. The manager refused and called police when they would not leave.

The couple said they have eaten at Chuck-A-Rama's $8.99 buffet at least twice a week, but did not plan to return.

2. New Member

i thought buffets were always all you can eat. i've never visited a Chuck-A-Rama, but after reading this i don't want to either.

3. Elite Member

That's absurd. Im a restaurant manager, and I would NEVER treat a customer like that.
    Last edited by BigVrunga; 04-25-2004 at 01:47 AM.
    •   

4. Senior Member

What an *******....

His "understanding" is wrong. Why in the world would people continue to go up for seconds, thirds, etc.?

He's using that as an excuse to save face cuz he was not properly prepared for business due to not having sufficient amounts of food....people amaze me sometimes...
  5. The Axe Man Cometh!!

Sure the management was in the wrong, they should have put a disclaimer if they werent all you can eat but HIS 12TH time going up. Atkins or not excess calories still make you fat. I think were starting to see the reverse trend of the non fat food binges, where people would eat tons of fat free food and think it is ok because it is fat-free; people are doing the same damn thing with carb free food.
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

That's not the caliber of service I've come to expect from a place called "Chuck-o-Rama"

lmfao
  7. king of useless information!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bioman
    That's not the caliber of service I've come to expect from a place called "Chuck-o-Rama"

lmfao

hahaha....my thoughts exactly
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Everyone expects to eat all they can eat at a buffet dammit. They oughta get at least some free passes in compensation.
  9. Advanced Member

That's why you have to go to Chinese Buffets. They get stoked when I go in and down plate after plate of food, because they're used to the tiny portions that Asians eat by.
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

mmmmm Chinese Buffet wish I was bulking!

ManBeast
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*
  11. Elite Member

mmmmm Chinese Buffet wish I was bulking!

ManBeast
    All the general tso's chicken I can eat for 10.99.

Sure the management was in the wrong, they should have put a disclaimer if they werent all you can eat but HIS 12TH time going up. Atkins or not excess calories still make you fat. I think were starting to see the reverse trend of the non fat food binges, where people would eat tons of fat free food and think it is ok because it is fat-free; people are doing the same damn thing with carb free food.
    Its obvious the guy was being a glutton - but from a business standpoint you can offend a customer like that. Just think how many potential customers Chuck-O-Ramma has lost because of that incident. I mean, hell, Number 5 isnt going to eat there and now neither is Bioman. Screw that place.

I know how frustrating it can be - Red Lobster ran an 'all you can eat' crab leg special last summer that ended up in the company losing like 30 million dollars. They didnt anticipate how many crablegs people could actually eat. You wouldnt believe some of the people that would come through that door - 300, 400 lbs of pure lard on two legs going through 20+ lbs of snow crab legs in a single sitting. Butter slathered all over their multiple chins, asking their waitress through a mouth full of seafood to bring more free bread. Believe me, I wanted to ask some of those people to leave. But I just smiled and thanked them for their business when they left 4 hours after sitting down.
    Last edited by BigVrunga; 04-25-2004 at 03:02 AM.
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    All the general tso's chicken I can eat for 10.99.

Its obvious the guy was being a glutton - but from a business standpoint you can offend a customer like that. Just think how many potential customers Chuck-O-Ramma has lost because of that incident. I mean, hell, Number 5 isnt going to eat there and now neither is Bioman. Screw that place.

I know how frustrating it can be - Red Lobster ran an 'all you can eat' crab leg special last summer that ended up in the company losing like 30 million dollars. They didnt anticipate how many crablegs people could actually eat. You wouldnt believe some of the people that would come through that door - 300, 400 lbs of pure lard on two legs going through 20+ lbs of snow crab legs in a single sitting. Butter all over their multiple chins, asking their waitress through a mouth full of seafood to bring more free bread. Believe me, I wanted to ask some of those people to leave. But I just smiled and thanked them for their business when they left 4 hours after sitting down.

OMG! What a visual! The crab legs, buttery chins, Chuck-o-Rama, you couldn't make that up if you tried! LOL

It's like fodder for a Jonathan Waters film.

Suddenly I don't feel so bad about having my 6 pack slighty obscured by fat.
  13. New Member

Red Lobster ran an 'all you can eat' crab leg special last summer that ended up in the company losing like 30 million dollars. They didnt anticipate how many crablegs people could actually eat.
    I fully enjoyed that special.

10lbs of crabs at a time. Still brings a smile to my face.
  14. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    You wouldnt believe some of the people that would come through that door - 300, 400 lbs of pure lard on two legs going through 20+ lbs of snow crab legs in a single sitting. Butter slathered all over their multiple chins, asking their waitress through a mouth full of seafood to bring more free bread.
    Wow, sounds good!!! Send me some free crab and lobster bro!!
  15. Elite Member

Wow, sounds good!!! Send me some free crab and lobster bro!!
    That's the best thing about my job is that I can eat for free!! It sucks because Im so damn busy I really dont have time to take advantage of it - but let me tell ya. Ive been dead set on getting to 230 before I cut down, and RL's chicken and salmon supply is running mighty low...

BigV
  16. Elite Member

I fully enjoyed that special.
    10lbs of crabs at a time. Still brings a smile to my face.
    The company lost so much money on that promotion that the president and chairman of the board of Red Lobster both lost their jobs over it!
  17. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Hell..I would have given him his roast beef back....nothing like an old Upchuck-o-rama at Chuck-o-rama's
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

Similar Forum Threads

1. What do you all eat on no carb days???
    By Turk in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 12-27-2007, 03:52 PM
  2. Masturbating Trespasser Booted From Frat
    By anabolicrhino in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-02-2007, 09:03 AM
  3. CARDIO on NO CARB days
    By rdj6107 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-07-2005, 07:59 AM
  4. No carbs 1hr b/f and 1hr after HGH??