what injuries have you had?

S

Shane0Mac

Awards
i have had a completely screwed up right lat (possibly tore it) i couldnt move faster than walking for 1 month, back in the gym after 2, and 4 and a half months before i could bowl in cricket again. there were a few factors that could have attributed to it;
1 bad deadlift then
4 nights sleeping on the floor
and then finally after warming up, i bowled 1 ball and then could hardly move.

and then i was doing deadlifts with not that much weight (about 200lbs) and everything felt fine until about 3 hours later and i had fluid on my right knee (some is still there)

so anyway, what injuries have you had?

doingwork30

doingwork30

Awards
I tore my mcl in a wrestling match, broke my pinky toe at the growth plate so now its sideways, and had elbow tendinitis.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
Torn ACL/LCL playing football(required surgery). Tore ACL again during rehab(surgery), and then about 20% of ACL snapped and got locked into my knee joint so had to have minor surgery to clean that out.. all within a year, pretty bad and boring year..

The Dooeug

The Dooeug

Banned
Awards
I strained my right pec muscle benching and it took like almost 2 months to heal, real pain in the buttocks. That was my most recent, but I broke my cheek bone from playing baseball and my collar bone in football lol

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
-I tore a muscle in my left arm in wrestling(not even sure what) but never got treated, still to this day my left arm has pain when I do lateral DB raises.
-developed Achilles Tendinitis in both my legs due to far too much running.(still sucks to this day)
-pulled my lower back so bad once from doing deads that I thought I damaged my spinal cord. The swelling got so bad one day it compressed the discs or something the EMT said and I could not even walk no more. Scary crap.
-its a constant up and down battle with my wrists, sometimes they are almost crippled others they have invincible grip no one has broken yet lol.

probably a few others I have forgotten as well lol.

lilnardey

lilnardey

Awards
  • Established
Had a ganglion cyst in my left wrist, sounds pathetic but they really are a pain. Couldnt lift anything heavy with it. Now it looks like Im developing one in my right wrist, time to get er drained :irked:

EustisPanther

EustisPanther

Awards
  • Established
-Snapped my arm in 2 places completely through. (curled up like a fish hook, f'ing gross)
-Nail through the bottom of my mouth up into my tongue
-Broke my right hand 3 times
-Popped both clavicles out of place, looked like i had fingers trying to poke through the skin on my shoulders
-Stabbed in the knee
-Dislocated my spinal column (worst pain I've ever felt)
-Got my foot run over by a silverado
-Head cracked open twice
-Front teeth knocked out by a weightlifting bar flying up and hitting me in the face

lilnardey

lilnardey

Awards
  • Established
-Snapped my arm in 2 places completely through. (curled up like a fish hook, f'ing gross)
-Popped both clavicles out of place, looked like i had fingers trying to poke through the skin on my shoulders
-Stabbed in the knee
-Head cracked open twice
-Front teeth knocked out by a weightlifting bar flying up and hitting me in the face
WOW..

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
Back Surgery for blown l4/l5 disk in Feb 09
Hernia Surgery in groin area in March 09 (actually had the hernia for about 3 years though just finally had it taken care of)

That's about all for now

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
-Stabbed in the knee
-Head cracked open twice
Damn, good job keeping focused on moving forward man. Dont go outside no more... lol :AR15firing:

B

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Herniated L5/S1 2yrs ago. Haven't had any pain in months and I can do any lift, exercise I want.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
- Hernia
- Separated shoulder
- Bicep tendonitis
- Torn infraspinatus
- 2 herniated discs
- 1 ruptured disc
- Stitches in head 3 times
- Broken hand
- Broken finger
- 2 concussions
- Double sprained ankles
- Chipped elbow bone

Couple other things I can't remember the names of.

BigNutz

BigNutz

Awards
  • Established
From the gym Ive had tendonitis in the elbow, a pulled delt and lower trapezius.

Non-gym, herniated disc, broken left arm, broken left ring finger, and 8 stiches in head.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
- Hernia
- Separated shoulder
- Bicep tendonitis
- Torn infraspinatus
- 2 herniated discs
- 1 ruptured disc
- Stitches in head 3 times
- Broken hand
- Broken finger
- 2 concussions
- Double sprained ankles
- Chipped elbow bone

Couple other things I can't remember the names of.

I use to work construction with a guy who was missing a chip from his elbow. It was dangerous being below him because he would be hammering fine, then bam the hammer would go flying. Hit me in the ear once..lol

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
lol Yes it makes lifting should we saying interesting :)

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
-Badly sprained ankle couldn't walk or put pressure on it for over a month. It swelled so bad I could grab my ankle and there would be a hand print in my skin (like i had squeezed play dough) for a few minutes after.
-Cracked my butt bone twice
-Busted my head open
-Cracked ribs
-Numerous cuts to the bone on my shins
-Dislocated left shoulder only God knows how many times it still cracks/pops when I rotate it in a circle

oddly enough, all but one of these are from riding BMX bikes until I was 23, weightlifting has been a far more less dangerous sport so far.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
_peice of bone removed from left proximal femur. Out of the gym for over 1 1/2 years.
-stitches in forehead and chin
-multiple back injuries from car accidents
- stitches on left pointer finger (sliced open with power saw-to the bone-I saw it-no pun intended)
-broke three toes biking
-broke all fingers-no thumbs-not at the same time (broke 3 at once when a coworker dropped a bundle of 1 1/2" EMT on my fingers)
-tendonitis in left elbow
-broke left wrist
-sprained ankles-more than i can count (sports)
-bruised heal bones
-sprained wrists- multiple times

Not sure if anyone else remembers those shoes with the grind plates on the bottoms? Well, i must have broke my tailbone off using those stupid things haha.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
-Badly sprained ankle couldn't walk or put pressure on it for over a month. It swelled so bad I could grab my ankle and there would be a hand print in my skin (like i had squeezed play dough) for a few minutes after.
-Cracked my butt bone twice
-Busted my head open
-Cracked ribs
-Numerous cuts to the bone on my shins
-Dislocated left shoulder only God knows how many times it still cracks/pops when I rotate it in a circle

oddly enough, all but one of these are from riding BMX bikes until I was 23, weightlifting has been a far more less dangerous sport so far.
Same for me. I racked up more injuries from highschool sports, work, driving, and extreme sports than weight lifting. Kinda makes me wish i focused more on lifting when i was younger.

Couldn't possibly count all the shin dings,bruised and bloody elbows and diggers i've accumulated from biking, skateboarding and snowboarding.

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
Same for me. I racked up more injuries from highschool sports, work, driving, and extreme sports than weight lifting. Kinda makes me wish i focused more on lifting when i was younger.

Couldn't possibly count all the shin dings,bruised and bloody elbows and diggers i've accumulated from biking, skateboarding and snowboarding.
Yea I wish I would have focused on it earlier too, but I still love the sport.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Yea I wish I would have focused on it earlier too, but I still love the sport.
I love/d it too but can only snowboard now. after my leg surgery my ability to ollie and kick a bike around is gone. I can barely squat half ofwhat i used to.

S

Spazmenos

Awards
fully torn labrum in right shoulder (idk how i still bench/overhead press)
unknown back pain

H

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Torn tendon in ankle - old bball injury

Torn rotator cuff - actually tore it squatting or trying to hit 485 for reps

Torn abdominal muscle-have no idea how that happened, old injury

85% ruptured disk (L-5) - still am baffled how this happened, either dead lifting or one of 3 car wrecks I was in.

chondromalacia-right knee (severe runner's knee), feels like someone is barbecuing my knee and right leg all the time. Takes about 15-20 mins when I wake up for it to relax just so i can bend it.

Sciatica/right hip - been there since my disk was bulging, i suppose.

H

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Herniated L5/S1 2yrs ago. Haven't had any pain in months and I can do any lift, exercise I want.
Is it fully ruptured? I cannot do any deads over 210. I was once hitting 400+ for reps, but cannot do anything over the above mentioned. No strength at all in my lower back, hips, really. And squats are no more period. The last time I tried, I was in a "traction" machine for about 45 mins.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
2 broken collar bones-one high speed motorcycle crash
one falling out of a tree onto rocks
teeth smashed by ss thermos in backpack-cheapshot
baseball bat swung into head
pencil stabbed through hand-mental ward woman,graphite tip still there
Hit by a car and dragged 150 ft. on a motorcycle-multiple injuries
3 car accidents-not at fault-multiple injuries
fell off a cliff onto head-unconscious,held onto beer
broken bottle in hand-severe blood loss
punched through a glass window-severe blood loss
cut thumb in half-sewn back
cut finger in half-4 times-wood carving
exacto knife through hand
crushed hand in squat rack
sliced though tendon on ring finger-sewn back
burning plastic melted into hand-extreme
spike through foot
nail through bone(different time)=bone infection
faulty squat bar wrapped around neck with clamps on dragged face into cement
tore right pec
tendinitis
skin cancer-cut off
Knuckle dislodged-on someones face
Severe Back injury-work
fell off roof twice=pain

Many near death experiences not listed, and many minor injuries accrued fighting, working and playing of course haha.

B

BigRed86

Awards
I blew my back out in high school squatting either 395 or 405. went down heard a pop and dropped the weight. Stood back up slowly, then went home after that, dropped my cell phone and bent over to pick it up and my back locked up and shot a severe pain through my body. Weird, but now i am real hesitant on squats. i take them slow and light.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
wow you guys are messed up.....especially you Ronin..lol.

in all my life i've had 1 injury...shoulder, a bone has pressing onto another (don't ask me to expline the specifics) i had gotten a shot of cortisone and it's been 100% ever since. when i started lifting i had a older guy tell me once, "son it's not a race this lifestyle is going to last a lifetime", ever since then i would watch guys lift way to much and try and boost their ego and at the same time they would tear this, sprain that or break something....all the while i followed one rule...leave you ego at the door when you walk in the gym. one thing i found helpful is, when going for heavy lifts like squats, deads or bench......work your way up. i know what me PR's are so what i do is pick a PR that i want to break and start with a weight the is usually 100 lbs lighter than that and work my way up to my PR e.g.: deads- PR 400lbs, start with 300 for one set, then 325, then 350 and so on till i get to my PR, it lets my body and mind know what's coming and gives the tendons the time to warm up for whats coming. remember guys the only one you need to impress is you not the 350lbs gorilla benching next to you or the chicks you think are watching you bench, cause chances are, they're not watching you and could not care less how much you press

EustisPanther

EustisPanther

Awards
  • Established
punched through a glass window-severe blood loss
exacto knife through hand
sliced though tendon on ring finger-sewn back
spike through foot
Nice list, we definitely share a few in common lol.

-I put my fist through 2 windows on my 21st thinking it would be a good idea. Then I tried to burn the wound shut on my gas stove. (18+ shots will do that) I spent the entire day in the E.R. getting stitches on both sides of my wrist bc the glass sliced me down to the tendons.
-Definitely stabbed & sliced my hand open several times working at ACE, box cutters and table saws aren't good for accident prone people.
-And I put the claws of a hammer through the bottom of my foot trying to open a coconut barefoot. Dumb I know.
-Fractured ribs from flipping my raptor off a double and it falling right on my chest
-Running from the cops, tripped and fell, to brake my fall I grabbed onto a fence... It was barbed wire. The rusty spikes got embedded in my palm.

H

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I blew my back out in high school squatting either 395 or 405. went down heard a pop and dropped the weight. Stood back up slowly, then went home after that, dropped my cell phone and bent over to pick it up and my back locked up and shot a severe pain through my body. Weird, but now i am real hesitant on squats. i take them slow and light.
Yeah, that's how mine was first discovered. At the time, i was going to therapy due to the slight sciatica and slight bulge. One day, around 2 weeks into therapy, i was outside cutting the grass and bent over to toss a rock out of the way, and *POP*. I immediately went down. I then realized that I had fallen in an ant hill; this was not pleasant by any means. So, on top of the severe pain in my back, I had got bitten about 50 times from fire ants...lol

Imagine trying to knock fire ants off of you when your whole back is frozen up and pain streaking down your legs and hips....unreal!

I really am still weary of the situation because before the therapy started, I had a diagnosed bulge. During the therapy is when my disk ruptured (i suppose?) Or, maybe it just popped for some other reason? After a year off, I came back and squatted/deaded the most weight ever, overall (all time PRs in both). Then one day a few years ago, I just felt like someone stabbed me in the back with a knife. MRIs showed ruptured disk and severe sciatica...go figure. Maybe the car accidents and the weights weakened it enough to just go one day and pop. I haven't squatted since late 2007 or deaded heavier than 210 since that time also.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
broken foot , karate ( surgery 2 screws)
3 knee surgeries ( powerlifting , running, karate) ( 3 surgeries)
elbow to the face in a restraint, swollen cheekbone
bruised rib, ( kicked in the ribs another restraint)
lower back injury( powerlifting)

(many, many more restriants, injuries that I can't remember they happen so often)

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Nice list, we definitely share a few in common lol.

-I put my fist through 2 windows on my 21st thinking it would be a good idea. Then I tried to burn the wound shut on my gas stove. (18+ shots will do that) I spent the entire day in the E.R. getting stitches on both sides of my wrist bc the glass sliced me down to the tendons.
-Definitely stabbed & sliced my hand open several times working at ACE, box cutters and table saws aren't good for accident prone people.
-And I put the claws of a hammer through the bottom of my foot trying to open a coconut barefoot. Dumb I know.
-Fractured ribs from flipping my raptor off a double and it falling right on my chest
-Running from the cops, tripped and fell, to brake my fall I grabbed onto a fence... It was barbed wire. The rusty spikes got embedded in my palm.
Yup you sound like me.We could be distantly related haha. My dad and I have a history of almost dying or should have died moments in life. Many where he and I were not injured or killed/maimed obviously but..really really should have been. He for instance was hit by a semi on his motorcycle, almost decapitated having to slide underneath a luckily jacked up truck,having a full sized dump truck tailgate detach and land on his chest, axe through his leg where he walked out 1 mile form the woods to the highway and hitchhiked to the hospital(lost half his blood..they said he was going to die.. drank pure grape juice in addition with a glucose drip and was back to work in a week haha), drove his motorcycle off a cliff landed beside things that should have impaled him,Flipped a few log trucks off mountains..and the list goes on...haha like father like son eh?:bigok:

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
-Broke every finger on both hands and dislocated two fingers at the same time.
- Torn labrum and shoulder structural damage.(required surgery)
- tore the protective sheath around my ankle ligaments
- destroyed L5 back joint, which is now pressing on my sciatic nerve
- sprained MCL
- broken nose twice
- 7 concussions
- two broken ribs
- level 3 ankle sprain, which i played my entire senior year of hs football on. i would be on crutches all week then pop myself full of pain meds to play on friday night. smart right?
- stabbed 6 times in the abdomen while being mugged, (don't worry he got what was coming to him)
- stabbed through the quad with a rusty nail

EustisPanther

EustisPanther

Awards
  • Established
-Broke every finger on both hands and dislocated two fingers at the same time.
- Torn labrum and shoulder structural damage.(required surgery)
- tore the protective sheath around my ankle ligaments
- destroyed L5 back joint, which is now pressing on my sciatic nerve
- sprained MCL
- broken nose twice
- 7 concussions
- two broken ribs
- level 3 ankle sprain, which i played my entire senior year of hs football on. i would be on crutches all week then pop myself full of pain meds to play on friday night. smart right?
- stabbed 6 times in the abdomen while being mugged, (don't worry he got what was coming to him)
- stabbed through the quad with a rusty nail
Stabbed 6 x WTF.... I hope you killed that SOB !!!

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Pulled left pec 3x
Pulled right pec 7x
Then successfully tore both of them, one partial the other complete tear.

Torn rotator cuff
Herniated disk
Crushed left big toe under 4000lbs ordinance trailer
Broken left ring finger on cops face (I was bouncing, he was drunk and waving a badge)

I think that's about it.

S

steeze

Awards
dislocated shoulders with too high front raises. Plus pulling my calf, and sliglthy tore my left pec

S

Shane0Mac

Awards
i guess i have got off easy, i might post a pic of my dad when he had a compound fracture of his right shin if i can find it

C

Cassavus

Wow, in comparison to you all I've got nothing! The worst lifting injuries for me have been sprains or pulled muscles. Left shoulder tends to give me the most problems. Injured my neck once doing shrugs. Half way through a set I came up, felt pain, racked the weights and walked out stiff as a board. Was out 3 weeks until I got a massage and had my chiropractor snap things back into place. Broke my arm twice as a child. Other than that...nothing.