Board Service Additions: Voice Chat and Instant Messenger

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
VOICE CHAT
I have installed the voice chat server and need peopel to test it out. There is a link at the top of the forum in the nav bar. If the feedback is quality then I'll finish the installation (Who's In Chat, etc.) that will polish the service. To broadcast audio you will need either a mic or headset. To receive audio you will need speakers or headset. If you don't have either of these then it will be normal text chat.

BOARD MESSENGER
As some of you have noticed there is a link at the top of the forum (under the Live Help) that says "Messenger". That is a simple link to test the board messenger. Basically, it pulls your board buddy list and presents it in a typical instant messenger style. It lists your buddies and if THEY ARE ALSO ONLINE WITH THE MESSENGER PROGRAM will allow IM exchange. If the testing phase is good then I'll integrate it into the board so that when you log in it automatically launches the buddy window. Of course, there will be an option of turning it on and off in the user control panel.

So, this is your donation money at work. Test the services and if they turn out good I'll fully integrate it into the board code base.

Chemo