Anyone else have a retarded girlfriend when it comes to fitness?

Rock Lee

Awards
It's so annoying; she brags about how little she eats ("Today I only had a cup of soup and a Zone bar!"), only does cardio (low intensity of course), and thinks if she picks up a weight she's going to somehow turn into Ronnie overnight. I've tried numerous times to explain to her why these beliefs of hers are wrong, but she seems to think that I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to how females should work out.

FLY

Awards
Women can be stubborn. A female friend of mine was the same way. I basically was able to give up on trying to help her, but your case is different since she is your gf. This one is a touchy subject. If you push too hard then you could end up pushing her away. Is it really that important that she mimics the healthy lifestyle that we do? I dunno, that's really for you to decide. IMO, as long as she isn't hurting herself (e.g. anorexia) then people can eat and workout however they want.

But we know the true way to stay fit.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
It's so annoying; she brags about how little she eats ("Today I only had a cup of soup and a Zone bar!"), only does cardio (low intensity of course), and thinks if she picks up a weight she's going to somehow turn into Ronnie overnight. I've tried numerous times to explain to her why these beliefs of hers are wrong, but she seems to think that I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to how females should work out.
I know where your coming from here man. I've got three sisters, a mom who's an aerobics instructor, and had a girlfriend who always wanted to "workout with me". My sisters go to the gym every day and do the same amount of weight for the same 15-20 reps of the same excercises. My mom who is in incredible shape tries to give me advice on my training schedule. And my ex, I made the mistake of taking to the gym w/ me one day. All i can remember is her saying "I don't want to lift heavy b/c I'll get to big." And "why are you making that face." Definately not a good experience. Although on the up side I do have a very healthy family. At least their not wasting away on the coach like 90% of Americans.

COLOSSUS

Awards
I have a retarded girlfriend............end of story.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Oh the wonderful memories of my retarded girlfriend, she somehow thinks she knows it all and tells me that creatine and protein are bad for my kidneys.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
My mom somehow got it into her head that Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, and Doug Flutie all did steroids. She says "they were all star quarterbacks" and "now all of their kids have health problems"...My GF picked up on it and says "if you use steroids I will never get married to you. I don't want retarded babies"

HAHA...Doug Flutie on DBOL--YA RIGHT!