How much are you rack pulling?

EustisPanther

EustisPanther

Awards
  • Established
405 was my last attempt for sets, but it went south real fast. Lost my footing bc of old *****y shoes and slammed the bar down on my right quad. Since then I've lost the determination to try again lol

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Haven't done them for ages but I would wager around 700+ above knee and 600+ below. I need to get the set up for my home gym when the time and $ are happening. Got a kid on the way now so..probably not for a while haha.

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Haven't done them for ages but I would wager around 700+ above knee and 600+ below. I need to get the set up for my home gym when the time and $ are happening. Got a kid on the way now so..probably not for a while haha.
Wow that’s just crazy, I feel like a wimp lol (haven’t used that word since HS.) Anyway I'm going to really try to get up there when I get my fat grips.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Wow that’s just crazy, I feel like a wimp lol (haven’t used that word since HS.) Anyway I'm going to really try to get up there when I get my fat grips.
Naw back, grip and arms are my forte. Always have been big and strong even before lifting. You would probably kick my ass at benching and squats though bro. I got ran over on my motorbike when I was younger and dragged 150 feet on my kneecap..which pretty much wore it away. Needless to say I still have problems with it but its not keeping me from squatting haha doing some today! I also tore my right pec when I started PLing back in the day. So yea we all have our weak points.:drive:

Jeremy Brown

Jeremy Brown

Awards
  • Established
my best set of rack-pulls was two weeks ago, 495 for 10 reps with the pins just below the knees. today i hit 4 sets of 405 for 10-12 reps which is usually consistent...

EustisPanther

EustisPanther

Awards
  • Established
Whats a rack pull? A Smith machine deadlift?
it's basically the lazy man's dead-lift.
you're in a squat rack with the spotting bars pinned down around your knees and you're in essence dead-lifting it from a pre-elevated height.

HarryManback

HarryManback

Awards
Oh ok. I thought that was what he meant. I started those around a couple months ago, when my back was acting up. One of the old powerlifters with a bad hip was doin em" and had me try it out. We have the ones that are at a slight angle plus a skinny bar. I go 135,225,315,405,475 all by 10 until 475. I get about 5. But it doesn't do much. Regular deads are better I think.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back in the day before MMA, I was pulling 635 for 2-3. I could still easily clear 495 now.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Oh ok. I thought that was what he meant. I started those around a couple months ago, when my back was acting up. One of the old powerlifters with a bad hip was doin em" and had me try it out. We have the ones that are at a slight angle plus a skinny bar. I go 135,225,315,405,475 all by 10 until 475. I get about 5. But it doesn't do much. Regular deads are better I think.
I used to like working my way down with blocks, kind of like box squatting for deads. Great strength increases. :ninja:

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I just pull from the ground. I hit 405x7 using a conventional deadlift form.

CleetusVanDam

CleetusVanDam

Awards
  • Established
I do them every other week from the knee to work on the top end of my deads, I rotate them as a supplementary excercise with narrow stance deads off of a 5 inch platform; so that im alternating the concentration on each end of the movement. 900+ for five sets of three reps last week.