Decline Bench

aries70

aries70

Awards
I was in a discussion at the gym Friday and it is believed by some that the decline bench is worthless. Personally it's my favorite but I want to know what you guy's think. Is it a waste of time or not?

lilnardey

lilnardey

Awards
  • Established
Decline bench puts more emphasis on lower chest. So, it might be useful to throw into a routine to change things up. I dont think its a worthless exercise, but it has never been the foundation of a chest routine for me.

WATERLOGGED

WATERLOGGED

supreme being
Awards
  • Established
my benchs decline so i can change things up while still doing a incline,flat ,cable cross,fly combo routine.i also had a decline only bench that i bought from someone when i was a lot younger and i ended up givin it away.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
it puts emphasis on yoour lats too from what ive noticed using it, didnt do much for my chest which is weird instead of decline hit some dips

i think decline is worthless, for me atleast

lilnardey

lilnardey

Awards
  • Established
it puts emphasis on yoour lats too from what ive noticed using it, didnt do much for my chest which is weird instead of decline hit some dips

i think decline is worthless, for me atleast
Ya dips work lower chest just as well and dont come with the blood rush to the head that you get from decline.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Decline is the Ego lovers bench of choice IMO.... They can stack on excess weight they couldnt possibly bench flat to impress buds and random spectators. Flat, incline and dips will get you a complete, full chest... Decline will give your lower pecs an over exaggerated look..

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i cant do flat bc of my shoulders, im all about incline and dips

ill do 1 set flat bench to failure one time a week

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What is your personal opinion? Stopping my decline bench and adding incline bench every chest workout seems to have developed my chest better.

Blacktail

Blacktail

Awards
  • Established
What is your personal opinion? Stopping my decline bench and adding incline bench every chest workout seems to have developed my chest better.
Learn to do a decline bench properly with a WG and do incline dumbell presses, you will be amazed at the gain in size and strength. There is a reason why dips work so well.