When do you let someone know?

FLY

Awards
As everyone knows, our ph and aas use always stays underwraps. Most know that others are on gear, but no one ever talks about it.

My question is, when is it ok to tell a loved one? Like your gf? I mean I don't think you would want to let someone who you just met, know about your use, but then again.......if you wait too long and then reveal yourself what are the possible reppurcussions of waiting too long?

Anyone have any experience with this? A few of my lifting partners know because they use gear too and one of the trainers at the club that I work at knows. I just keep the trainer up to date on my side effects, etc because she is really interested and doesn't judge me for me use.

I hope this post made sense.

size

Awards
  • Established
Never.

It may seem a little extreme but a loved one(a partner, etc) can easily turn into a no longer loved one. In such a case, you individual is left knowing secrets about you that may be used against you in the future. If you live in a country where AAS are illegal then the individual will always be able to threaten you with this. It may not seem likely but relationships can end nasty.

Do you honestly believe that a woman or a man honestly tells their partner everything?

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Never.

It may seem a little extreme but a loved one(a partner, etc) can easily turn into a no longer loved one. In such a case, you individual is left knowing secrets about you that may be used against you in the future. If you live in a country where AAS are illegal then the individual will always be able to threaten you with this. It may not seem likely but relationships can end nasty.

Do you honestly believe that a woman or a man honestly tells their partner everything?
After MUCH thought about this issue before, I have to tend to agree. I know certain situations are different, such as relationships between two bodybuilders or enthusiasts, but these usually are rare.

In nearly all cases I would have to say that it is not in your best interest, the relationship as a whole's interest, or your partners best interest to tell them of your AAS use unless absolutely necessary. I do hate to say this because otherwise I am completely open with my GF, but not about gear. She cannot, nor has any desire or will make any attempt to, understand why I use gear and it may not possibly be the evil scourge she thinks it to be. Even if this is not the case with someone else's partner, you never know what the future may hold.

I must say only you know if it's the right to do or not, but in most cases I don't think it's a smart decision.

rhinochaser48

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Never.

I don't think never is the answer. I think that's bad charma to keep that kind of a secret, and by charma I mean, 'for the good of the relationship.' Keeping big secrets is a recipe for disaster.

I've had 2 girlfriends who've I talked openly about using with. I eased each one into it pretty slowly. I talked about the dedication invovled, the love for the progression. I let them see my supplements, me using them on a regimen, and eventually told them some drugs were hormonal substances.

By telling them, it gives definitive reasons for things like mood swings and general fatigue during PCT, etc.

I'm not a pro athlete. The general 'cheating' element doesn't exist. It's simply better living through chemistry. The other issues of health and legality don't really hold water because of how widespread recreational drug use is. Everyone I know is basically hypocritical in the event they argue health or legality because of their own habits, past or present.

I sometimes wonder if one of those girlfriends, (where the breakup was kind of bad), may have told some mutual friends in an attempt to stick it to me, but no one 'seems' to know. Either way, it's not a big deal. I don't care too much. I also have a policy of never regreting anything. So it all works out in the end.

FLY

Awards
rhinochaser48, I have the same thoughts as you. I'm not ashamed of my use, nor do I want to lie to my partner about my use. I think they would be more hurt if I didn't tell them than if I did tell them. My close friends usually know when I start a cycle because I let them know so that they can watch for my mood swings if anything happens.

Sometimes people calim it's a totally unhealthy practice, but then I ask them about how much they drink or eat fast food or smoke. I do not drink, smoke, or eat unhealthy food, but I do enjoy using gear. We all have our vices I guess.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Trust noone....

But I like rhino's explanation tactics. At first, ease into it. Kind of try and discuss different things in order to see how a person would react to such a topic. If all goes well, they'll more or less understand more as well as think more for themselves.

But IMHO, I don't trust anybody as far as I can throw them. And if a person questions you due to obvious reasons for example me blowing up so much in such little time, etc. just tell them its legal supplements. I have so many people brainwashed that way, however, it only adds to the effect of thinking that certain supplements should be banned, as most American citizens cannot think for themselves...give some, take some I guess... :rolleyes:

size

Awards
  • Established
I had one partner who knew I used. She gave me inejctions. However, she also used so it was not a major concern.

I know one board member that got divorced. His exwife used his usage to get the children, police charges against him, etc.

In all honesty, it is not a BIG secret, but it is a secret that has potential to be very dmaging to your career and safety. Consequently, it is best to keep quiet about it.

Do you think that your partner is going to tell you about the time she was gangbanged? Probably not.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I eased my gf into it, gave her books, let her read up on boards like this( not this actual board.. ;) ).. She's ok with it as long as I don't go crazy (roid rage myth).. Besides, I showed her my medical records stating I should be on hrt, so she's all for it.. I just got off the phone with her, she was asking when I'll be on again.. :D

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
You lucky 29" wiast'd bastard you! :D

ManBeast

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Be honest with your Doctor and everyone else can kiss your ass. As for relationships I think bigpete hit the nail right on the head. Get him or her reading material, especially the studies on how testosterone is being linked to all these health benefits nowadays. Hell their using test for treatment of depression, heart failure patients, HIV and Aids patients, etc etc etc. Now that some of the docs have their heads out of their ass, they are seeing the wide array of benefits of our beloved gear :D Sorry got off to a little rant but you get the idea.

kmac6225

king of useless information!!!
Awards
  • Established
come on MB, why's it always gotta be a waist issue?? LOL

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
If there wasn't the possibility of a "loved" one using it against me and getting me into trouble legally, I would be completely open about it and if they didn't understand, tough. But with the legal ramifications that exist, I will never let the secret out. Forget the trust issue. I'm sure there are things they don't tell me so it all evens out. Going to jail because I trusted someone with this is not in my future. Every relationship can go bad, very bad. Best not to give the other side some real ammo to **** up your life.

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
I agree with never except for your doc and your wife, mainly because its hard to explain why you have a box of IM needles and a few vials filled with gold liquid sitting in the pantry. As for your doc youre covered with under confidentiality laws. As for everybody else no way in hell, you never know when someone will drop the dime on you to save thier own ass, too many POS's out there that will start pointing fingers when they think they might be in trouble for something.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Not a day goes by that I don't debate this..

When my girl and I first got together (I was 19 and stupid), she actually found an AAS reference book in the trunk of my car. SHE FLIPPED, I mean crying for an hour. She basically is one of those people brainwashed by high school textbooks about roid rage (bs), and "having your dick fall off". She told me that if I ever used them, she'd break up with me on the spot. At the time I was head over heels for her (still am :D ), and wasn't as into my training as I am now..I hate to say it, but if I could've seen into the future I never would have agreed to something like that.

Here we are three years later, and I go about hiding everything from her. I don't take any supps around her, and I keep them all under my bed when shes not around. She wonders why sometimes by back breaks out for no reason and why I am sometimes sooo tired, but I don't say anything. I treat her awesome, even when I am feeling a bit more aggressive. I'd love to send her flowers and write with them.."These flowers are a token of my "roid rage"..

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
The Dr. might be not be able to tell anyone directly, but it goes in your record, which many people besides the Dr. can see. Next thing you know your insurance company finds out and guess what? Your dropped or your premiums go through the roof. Or law enforcement subpoena's your records and uses it against you. It can happen.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
The Dr. might be not be able to tell anyone directly, but it goes in your record, which many people besides the Dr. can see. Next thing you know your insurance company finds out and guess what? Your dropped or your premiums go through the roof. Or law enforcement subpoena's your records and uses it against you. It can happen.
I also do NOT advocate telling your Dr. anything about AS unless absolutely necessary. I may scan my health insurance privacy policy in for you guys to look at, it is amazing how many people can actually get access to your medical records, and how in some cases you do not have to be told they were released.

I received my health insurance's updated privacy policy the other day and was completely shocked when I actually took the time to read it. I suggest all do this. I do not have a crappy policy either. I work at a higher education institution and receive some damn good benefits, but that doesn't matter in regards to privacy.

COLOSSUS

Awards
tell your friends....................hell no.
tell your family......................hell no.
tell your gf............................hell no.
but i cant see not telling your wife. i would think most wives would be hurt that a secret has been kept from them other than the steroid use itself.

FLY

Awards
This question really popped into my head because I just got back into the dating scene and started seeing this girl. She works out at the gym a lot, but I don't know how much she knows about AAS or what her thoughts are about it yet.

I'm definatly waiting to find out more about her before I decide if it's worth the risk to dive into a really deep part of my private life.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
tell your friends....................hell no.
tell your family......................hell no.
tell your gf............................hell no.
but i cant see not telling your wife. i would think most wives would be hurt that a secret has been kept from them other than the steroid use itself.
Tell no one! Especially your wife! I have seen relationships go bad, and the first thing each person lets out of the bag is anything that may be illegal. This information is then used as amunition for a number of things...blackmail, child custody, legal issues,etc. I jokingly discussed it with my wife, and she basically told me if she ever found out I was using aas's she would leave me. So, if and when I want her gone, I guess I'll use. :D

I understand the importance of your doctor needing to know certain information for medical purposes, but remember, like Sir Foxx pointed out, it may go on your medical record, which an insurance company may see. This could cause the cancellation of your policy and/or the inability to get future coverage.

The way I see it, people can assume all they want. But, never let it come from your mouth unless you want possible problems in the long run. Be it in your relationship, or legally.

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
when your BP goes from 110/70 to 180/100 and your 15lbs heavier I think your doc is going to know something is up anyway
My doc and I have an agreement, the **** stays out of my records, he treats me for any probs that come up and I agree to drop the gear if health conditions get to the extreme. I would rather have a doctor know why things are happening the way they are so he can help than end up dead due to an aneurism.
As for your wife, if you cant be that open with the person you agreed to spend your life with, something aint right. My wife knows everything Im on, the main reason is I dont want to hide anything from her and also if bad stuff starts happening, things I might not notice or think is normal, she can react and tell me before things get real bad.
Most people here would not smoke pot or drop acid by themselves just because if they start freakin out they can have someone talk them down or take them to get medical care if necessary. I dont think AAS should be any different, if someone wants to burn you on something they will find something.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Never tell any one, sometimes "best friends" stab you in the back, girlfirends snitch to the cops when they think you're cheating on them. It's just nont worth it no matter how well you think you know the person. Remember that "loose lips sink ships". I only use PH's and haven't told my friends, I tell them I use Cell-Tech and even than they trip out cause some think creatine is "bad for your kidneys".

profbiv

Awards
Had to tell my wife when in a few weeks I gain like 24 pounds and little fat. It didn’t take to long for here to figure it out.

oh yea never tell your doc unless your do something rally dumb and have no choice..

trust no one bro's

mikeman28

Awards
Had to tell my wife when in a few weeks I gain like 24 pounds and little fat. It didn’t take to long for here to figure it out.

oh yea never tell your doc unless your do something rally dumb and have no choice..

trust no one bro's
Few years ago I was on AAS and told my ex GF. The second I told her, anytime I would disagree on anything we talked about, it was always the same **** -- "Your Steroids are messing you up, youre getting rage, etc..."

The 1st couple times I thought, ok, maybe she is right and Im not noticing, but after a few weeks of hanging out with my friends and family, and NO ONE noticing anything wrong about me, I realized she was full of it, and was just using it against me in any way she wanted. That was the day I realized she was the weakest link and I said... Good Bye.