The Forgotten Supplements

M

MorningMetal

Awards
There's all these supplements I keep coming up on just surfing for online deals and stuff, and some of them I used to try out and use back in the day, just wanted to make a list, take some of you guys on a trip down memory lane, see if you've used them, and what you thought...and please feel free to add to the list...

1. 17-HD - Just posted another thread on this. Can't believe this is still on the market.

2. Plasmavol - I actually rather liked this one, gave me some good workouts. the green goo was pretty cool looking, too.

3. Nitrix - BSN's NO product. I tried this for a while a long time ago, didn't really do anything for me. Knew this guy in the military who would take 10 at a time. Why I have no idea.

4. Muscle Milk - The original stuff. Perhaps the most overproduced protein.. no.. supplement known to man. When I worked at GNC when I was like 17, we had so much of this stuff on the shelves and in the stockroom, my manager would just give a bunch to us for free just to get it out of there and free up space. Tasted great, everyone was concerned about the fat content.

5. Animal Pak - I still know people who swear by it. Definitely a quality multi-pack, but old-school.

6. Cell-Tech - Again, another product that people who had no idea what it had in it, would just guzzle, blow up like water balloons, and strut their soft selves around. I remember it being the first supplement I'd ever really heard of a LONG time ago.. it was like, the famous "holy grail" of bodybuilders to a young naive kid. Haha!! Classic!!

7. NO2 - I actually still use NO2 black almost every day, because I have so much of it, so.... why not? But I remember when NO2 Platinum came out in like, 2003 or something, it was HUGE. It had like a cult following. The first mainstream NO product!

8. Phos****en - If I remember, this was one of the first mainstream creatine products to hit the market. Way old-school

9. Muscle Armor - Why is this still like, 70 bucks?

10. Kre-Alkalyn - I remember the advertisement for this in magazines.. It literally said. " If you don't read this, you are stupid." I almost s**t my pants laughing the first time I saw it.

11. "The Strap"- probably the stupidest thing ever.

12. V-12 Turbo - I remember this being the first creatine supplement I ever tried. The taste made me gag and it just made me feel like crap.

13. Ripped Fuel - Once again, a name drop that everyone who's ever taken supplements knows. I never stuck with it long enough to know if it worked well or not, but whatever.

That's all I got off the top of my head. I hope that made some people laugh!! Add some more onto the list!!!

omni

omni

Awards
  • Established
15. vanadyl sulphate
16. boron
17. androstendione

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ultimate ORange - you can still pick this up

pillsRgood

pillsRgood

Awards
  • Established
18. M1T...I know my liver thanks me that this is now banned!
19. EAS Andro 6...Thankyou Mark McGuire.
20. Ehedra tabs sold at the gas station...I miss those days : (

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
18. M1T...I know my liver thanks me that this is now banned!
19. EAS Andro 6...Thankyou Mark McGuire.
20. Ehedra tabs sold at the gas station...I miss those days : (
Still sold at gas stations; if you know where to look

H

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
EAS just creatine

Hot Stuff,
the spiked version or tainted, however you look at it.

What was the name of that first NO2 product? It was the pills and you had to take like 8 a day to get effects? I had guys literally fighting for the last bottle at times...lol crazy

Met-rx mrp - old school tasted like trash

H

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Nodoze sold at gas stations. I haven't seen these in 8 years or so....I remember in 1998, i popped 3 at once and didn't sleep for 3 days on end. Felt like I was having a heart attack the first day.

M

MorningMetal

Awards
EAS just creatine

Hot Stuff,
the spiked version or tainted, however you look at it.

What was the name of that first NO2 product? It was the pills and you had to take like 8 a day to get effects? I had guys literally fighting for the last bottle at times...lol crazy

Met-rx mrp - old school tasted like trash

That was the first NO2 Platinum, made my MRI. I still use NO2 black cause I have stockpiles of it...

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I was a steady Phosphogen user. My stack back in the day was Phos stacked with HMB, V2G, CLA.

I loved Ripped Fuel (the Original). That was a staple supplement the helped bring me from 45% bodyfat, down to 12%.

Droppingloads

Droppingloads

Awards
  • Established
Don't forget about beta alanine and The One.

They get you JACKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GICH!

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nodoze sold at gas stations. I haven't seen these in 8 years or so....I remember in 1998, i popped 3 at once and didn't sleep for 3 days on end. Felt like I was having a heart attack the first day.
Guess I never saw them before but last several years NoDoze is still available but its just 200mg Caff. Is that all it was then too?

H

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Guess I never saw them before but last several years NoDoze is still available but its just 200mg Caff. Is that all it was then too?
I want to say that the originals had all types of crap in it...I might be able to pull up an old label. The one's from 12-14 years ago, it's hard to remember.

I think, if im not mistaken, it had ingredients not listed on the box, actually. I've done 200mg of caff and I was never "cracked" out like that...

EDIT: I actually did about 800mg of caff that day and 2 or 3 sodas

H

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
That was the first NO2 Platinum, made my MRI. I still use NO2 black cause I have stockpiles of it...
yeah, I see you posted that. I was on my treo so I really can't scroll to well due to eating up battery life...

M

mildot

Awards
I was told it contained smaller dose of a banned substance. Cannot remember name. But it would flunk some drugs tests.

:dunno:

F'n cannot remember chemical name... I took it one time and it wired me harder than just caff pills.

H

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Damn, this thread just made me relapse into my 20s when I was researching if you could actually smoke the extract from caffeine...

Disclaimer: yes, i was into some wild research 15 years ago...

H

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I was told it contained smaller dose of a banned substance. Cannot remember name. But it would flunk some drugs tests.

:dunno:

F'n cannot remember chemical name... I took it one time and it wired me harder than just caff pills.
I'll never forget ending up washing dishes buck naked while on that 800mgs and 3 or 4 sodas....lol

M

MorningMetal

Awards
I'm glad I was too young for stuff like that... smoking caffeine, washing dishes naked... I mean, I'm all for streaking around the house in the buff when I'm home alone, you know, letting the boys hang out for a while, but that just sounds very substance-induced... :D
I hope that comment about The Strap was sarcasm.. sorry, hard for me to tell via text. It's cool if some people like it, but it was widely regarded as absolutely ridiculous.

... and I'm getting really tired of seeing ads for Force Factor everywhere. Ugh.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
The original Muscletech line.

Hydroxycut, CE 8000 (or something like that), there was another product that you had to take 6 pills...mostly amino's IIRC.

Meso-Tech came shortly after.

Of course if you took these products you would look like Greg Kovacs.

Is Muscletech still...uh..."heavily advertised" in Musclemag International? I know it used to have 3/4 the magazine and articles that were really ads. We used to call it "Muscletech International" lol...everyone thought Kennedy was in on Muscletech somehow since it was so slanted in his mag, but he denied it.