Did i fracture something?

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Ok I did not know where to post this so I figured this one would be alright.

Ok so i was working sunday the seventh of this month and I was carrying some materials onto my boat that I work on. When I was walking over one of the tarps that was on the deck caught my foot. I was not able to get my foot loose, so i tripped and landed on both knees, straight onto this metal gratting. It scratched up my knees pretty bad and hurt real bad. Well since then my knee has been sore. I have had to support when im walking but i am still able to do everything i need to do at work. Just when i walk down steps or take off my boots or turn my leg sideways it hurts. I have been iceing it and it seems to help a little. So its been six days, what you guys think? did i fracture something, is it a torn tendon, or is it just bruised? Im hopeing its just bruised.....

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
meniscus are tricky little buggers, go see a ortho guy and get a MRI,

TC

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
i dont know if its meniscus, if he only fell straight forward with no twisting. plain films could help in this instance to rule out a fracture. then you'd just have to give it time to heal and MRI further down the road if you're not progressing.,

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
I was simply saying dont rule it out, mine was overlooked, and it led to many months of pain, than surgery...

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Yikes! well i guess ill get it checked later?