Iowans, let's get this going

farrellzach

farrellzach

Awards
So I'm living in the 515 currently (WDM) and train at Accel Fitness and the Walnut Creek YMCA. I'll be moving to Ames this fall to go to Iowa State so I'll be lifting at the Y there.

Where do you Iowans lift at?

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
I live in Nevada, IA (515). I train at Ames Racquet and Fitness.

We have a Y here in town?!?!?!

farrellzach

farrellzach

Awards
I live in Nevada, IA (515). I train at Ames Racquet and Fitness.

We have a Y here in town?!?!?!
I thought so! In all my ISU paperwork it says all the students that lift there train at the Iowa State YMCA or something along those lines. The pictures from the place looked like it was brand new. Maybe I misread!

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
I thought so! In all my ISU paperwork it says all the students that lift there train at the Iowa State YMCA or something along those lines. The pictures from the place looked like it was brand new. Maybe I misread!
I think you must mean the Leid Recreation Center...its not a Y....but it is a newer gym. Its decent...

How is life at ISU?

farrellzach

farrellzach

Awards
I think you must mean the Leid Recreation Center...its not a Y....but it is a newer gym. Its decent...

How is life at ISU?
Haha wow, I'm glad I pulled this up randomly. ISU is great. And there is a Y in Boone, but not worth the drive honestly.

The Lied is nice, but way too busy so once I get a job up here I'll probably be at Ames RacFit

Vegking

Awards
Hey guys. Work out at Prairie Life in West Des Moines. I would rather belong to more of a body building type gym rather than a club like Prairie Life but it has more stuff for my kids so there you go. Iowa State is a good school, a lot of fun too.

farrellzach

farrellzach

Awards
Hey guys. Work out at Prairie Life in West Des Moines. I would rather belong to more of a body building type gym rather than a club like Prairie Life but it has more stuff for my kids so there you go. Iowa State is a good school, a lot of fun too.
Hey what's up man? Trained at PL a couple of times and really couldn't stand it--too many pretty boys. I don't know if there's really any bodybuilding gyms in WDM, there's one up here in Ames.

I love it up here, bro it's awesome

Vegking

Awards
there is a Golds in West Des Moines. the gym right by prairie life is good too.

farrellzach

farrellzach

Awards
there is a Golds in West Des Moines. the gym right by prairie life is good too.
Oh yeah! I totally spaced Gold's. And when I come home for thanksgiving break I was thinking about trying that 24/7 Maximum Fitness or whatever is right in that strip by PL

CRcatcher06

Awards
Whats up guys I am from Cedar Rapids but i am finishing up school in Dubuque. Anybody around the area?