Pull-ups, Garden Gloves, and Philosophy

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you love pull ups and want an interesting challenge check my thread out. It's done and over with, but was fun as hell doing it. Only thing I wish I had done differently is not do it for 100 straight days. Next time I'll do 50 days then on day 51 I'd start back at 1 and go back up to 50. This would equal 100 days, but at half way through would allow sufficient recovery and IMO produce better results in the end. Especially since I suffered an over use injury around day 70 or so. My max has been 27 dead hang pull ups, but that injury really set me back and has been a bugger to get rid of.

I also plan on doing this again, but with push ups soon.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/119255-100-day-pull.html

Gizmacho

Gizmacho

Awards
I'd also recommend checking out the Armstrong pullup program. My former major used it to train his entire class of Naval midshipmen to do over 20 pullups in something like 2 months. A buddy and I used it for a month or so before a PFT and I think we both hit 19.

Copycat - you're right, push ups are completely necessary when going for big pull up numbers.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You could also look into Pavel Tsatsouline's "grease the groove" and/or "ladder" protocols

Gizmacho

Gizmacho

Awards
CopyCat, cool Phrog pic BTW. It looks like it was shot through NVG's.