Problems with agressveness...help anyone?

Broly

Awards
  • Established
I'm an extremely sort-temper kind of person, so short-tempered that back in Spetember I was taking an axiolitc prescribed drug due to my problem. In addition to that, since I've epilepsy one of my medicines has a side effect of increasing agressiveness in people predesposed to it. So for the ones that suffer from the same problem as I (being in the breaking point 24/7) what do you do to calm down yourselfs?

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Try some GABA, has a really good relaxing/calm effect on me and others.

ElectricPulse

ElectricPulse

Awards
I am always aggressive, that's just my personality. I just try and keep myself in check and let it all go at training and in the gym.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Yep, takes discipline and restraint most importantly. I use holy basil, Relora, ashwagandha and lemon balm if need be.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Most people with epilespy have depression as well. Depression and aggression go hand in hand. Try some L-tryptophan caps 500mg during the day. One in the morning and one in the afternoon. Maybe even one at night. Keep doing this for awhile till you see improvements. It may take a couple weeks or it may take longer. Stay with it. It may be something you may want to take for months or even regularly. Try dr's best tryptophan enhanced. You need to try to increase brain availabilty of serotonin. Most likely your Dr. will try to get you on a SSRI at some point but there's a lot of side effects with those and I don't like the idea of the drop off when you get off a SSRI. It could be detrimental. I've seen first hand the effects they have had on people when they have stopped them. On them they are happy pills but when they stop them they tend to be more aggressive then when they started. There's a withdrawl process also so that can have setbacks. Check out this article.

http://www.smart-drugs.net/ias-tryptophan-article.htm

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
5HTP

Otherwise you may want to give stress/anger management classes and or relaxation classes a try. Many really have a good program and are not as ridiculous as movies make them out. There can be a lot said about holistic treatments and methods as well such as meditation or even a massage etc. They can go a long way to improving one's mental and emotional well being. For many exercising, lifting weights, running etc work in the capacity, but these can also be energizing and feed into one's aggression. Some need to slow their lives down at times.

omni

omni

Awards
  • Established
WOW 6'6 and angry! I'm always angry to, but at only 5'9 I think I have a reason.J/k I have a very short fuse. I can't go to bars and relax because the one idiot who needs to get beat up always finds me. If i'm off work I always let someone else drive, even then, I've been known to rip people out of their cars. Lifting calms me. I ride motorcycles to calm down but there's also people that try to run me over who get hit alot too. The best thing is that you recognize the issue. I try to stay away from crowds and people I don't know. If you take anger management it'll be on file if you get in trouble hitting anyone. Spend time on things you enjoy. Or fight for a living. With your size I bet people would just forfit the fight! LOL

Broly

Awards
  • Established
Most people with epilespy have depression as well. Depression and aggression go hand in hand. Try some L-tryptophan caps 500mg during the day. One in the morning and one in the afternoon. Maybe even one at night. Keep doing this for awhile till you see improvements. It may take a couple weeks or it may take longer. Stay with it. It may be something you may want to take for months or even regularly. Try dr's best tryptophan enhanced. You need to try to increase brain availabilty of serotonin. Most likely your Dr. will try to get you on a SSRI at some point but there's a lot of side effects with those and I don't like the idea of the drop off when you get off a SSRI. It could be detrimental. I've seen first hand the effects they have had on people when they have stopped them. On them they are happy pills but when they stop them they tend to be more aggressive then when they started. There's a withdrawl process also so that can have setbacks. Check out this article.

http://www.smart-drugs.net/ias-tryptophan-article.htm
To what concerns about depression you're right, I've also diagnosed depression. I've been on Cipralex (escitalopram) SSRI, wich already gave me sides such as lowered libido and it didn't helped with agression, only with sadness. When I stopped them I've been on Sedoxil (mexazolam, which is a benzodiazepine derivative) throughout the withdrawl period to keep my agressiveness low, wich it did. But soon after I stopped with it, my agressiveness came slowly to build up, to a point were I can be talking friendly with a friend of mine, and a small thing that "pulls the trigger" hit me, and I start to jerk around. For exemple, today it was chest and bicept training, and when I was doing bar curls my friend touched my elbows to keep them from moving but whithout me expecting him to do that; as he touched my elbow I almost slamed the 88lbs bar against him just for that, in stead I slamed it to the floor - I didn't want to feel the guilt of hurting a friend of mine:(
I'll give a try to that L-tryptophan stuff, after talk to my doctor about possible interaction with the medicines I alredy take, and then I'll report here how it worked for me;)

WOW 6'6 and angry! I'm always angry to, but at only 5'9 I think I have a reason.J/k I have a very short fuse. I can't go to bars and relax because the one idiot who needs to get beat up always finds me. If i'm off work I always let someone else drive, even then, I've been known to rip people out of their cars. Lifting calms me. I ride motorcycles to calm down but there's also people that try to run me over who get hit alot too. The best thing is that you recognize the issue. I try to stay away from crowds and people I don't know. If you take anger management it'll be on file if you get in trouble hitting anyone. Spend time on things you enjoy. Or fight for a living. With your size I bet people would just forfit the fight! LOL
LOL Lifting in terms of agressiveness as a pre-work out humor depending effect - if i go lifting in one of those days when all you want is to hit everybody around you with the dumbells or anything in hand it may increase my agression levels, but if I'm just a little stressed it makes me feel happy:D
Yes, I do avoid overcrowded places and spend most of the time doing things that I enjoy like cycling or just staying at home watching movies and stuff like that. Without jokes I've already considered to practice some kickboxing, but I guess I wouldn't like it to much. Oh and by the way, at my size people rarely want to fight with me, someone in my country that's 6' or 6'1 is already considered a very tall person, so people when get me angry usualy get a way with an apoligise or something like that (wich gets me even more angry for haven't an excuse to hit the person who bothered me:cussing:)

dpfisher

Btw, weed doesn't hit me (I wonder why?:worried:)
Probably you don't know how to smoke properly. Try this: blow out all your air, take a big hit, then close your mouth and suck in through your teeth until you can't hold any more air. Wait a couple seconds and blow it back out.

I think this problem happens most in cig smokers since they aren't used to getting it all the way to the lungs.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
There's probably interactions with mary jane and a medication your on. I would be careful. In all the studies I've seen on marijuana and epilepsy it seems like there's no real conclusion. Some lean towards possibly helping and others lean towards harmful. It may lower the seizure threshold as well. It can depend on the reason you have seizures as well. If they are stress induced maybe marijuana would help in some cases but it can't help in all. The uncertainty would draw me away from it.

Cuervo Jones

Cuervo Jones

Awards
I'm an extremely sort-temper kind of person,.......what do you do to calm down yourselfs?
I break, punch, and throw things. Works rather well in my opinion.

~Cuervo

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm an extremely sort-temper kind of person, so short-tempered that back in Spetember I was taking an axiolitc prescribed drug due to my problem. In addition to that, since I've epilepsy one of my medicines has a side effect of increasing agressiveness in people predesposed to it. So for the ones that suffer from the same problem as I (being in the breaking point 24/7) what do you do to calm down yourselfs?
D.O.C. :)
I break, punch, and throw things. Works rather well in my opinion.

~Cuervo
What you are calling aggressiveness some might call immaturity...

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just curious, how old are you?

Cuervo Jones

Cuervo Jones

Awards
Your sig.

Horrible Fuking movie. :laughing:

Cuervo Jones

Cuervo Jones

Awards
Point is all right there. Horrible fuking movie.

Looks like you are not the only one that can flame others for no reason.:sly:

No wonder there are threads like "AM is turning into BB.com" on here.

Have a nice day. :booty:

~ Cuervo

Cuervo Jones

Cuervo Jones

Awards
Hmmm that comment must have hurt... hence the neg.
Ah well,... I guess everyone abuses their powers every now and then.

~ Cuervo

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
While alot of the above posts have some good advice, I would say the only long term form of success is to master your own mind.

Regardless of any chemical imbalance or state of mind, you can assume full control after you train your mind. Ive been a depressed and easily on edge(as alot of older posts could show) for a long time thanks to life falling apart. But the true strength of a man is to overcome not the world, but himself. I have seen angry people find their outlet, and become calm and balanced.

With it being chemically influenced thanks to medication it may be much harder though...But there was a night a couple months ago I woke up at maybe 3am so angry, so utterly over the edge I was going for a gun and heading out the door before I snapped out of it(the dream was that psycho-conductive of a night terror anger wise) grabbed the "good" book and read until I cried. I was watching myself in the third person on the edge of finally snapping and hurting someone or worse out of pure rage.

Come along way since then, and I can say it can be overcome through meditation and finding a source of joy to turn to even when anger is the only essence you can find. It may seem like good fuel at the gym, or great for when your in a fight. But when your snapping at people you care about, and being an all around ****head, then you have issues. Seriously the only ideas I have are talk to a counselor, and take an hour a day or what fits your schedule and do some "decompressing" through meditation.

The more time you spend in your mind, the better you know it. The better you know it, the better you can navigate its waters.

Mind over matter. Or in this case, Mind over emotion...which may not make sense at first, but critical thinking can overrule emotion when you train your mind to do so.(think about how soldiers work)

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
While alot of the above posts have some good advice, I would say the only long term form of success is to master your own mind.
QUOTE]

I agree, I'll tell you if you can endure a week straight panic attack you can probably master anything. I used to get severe panic attacks. I'm always prone to them but since getting myself out of the situation I was in I'm better. I've had one anxiety attack in the last 6 months. For me thats great. I used to get the feeling of a panic attack day on end. Wake up and feel the same way I went to sleep. That fight or flight feeling going 24/7. One time I had this feeling for a week straight. The mental control it took to keep myself in check still amazes me that I did it. When you get to know your boundaries whether anger, fear, or whatever you know when your about to reach your breaking point. It's almost as if you can see yourself from the outside looking in. You build confidence in knowing your ok whether or not u feel like it or not. It's all in your mind because physically your fine. That's what u have to tell yourself.

Cuervo Jones

Cuervo Jones

Awards
...brings a knife to a gun fight :D
Unfortunately, here,.... yes.

But maybe one day when I "grow up," I can be like you: an arrogant, egotistical moderator who flames new members to feel good about himself, and show his authoritative power. Though I haven't quarreled with any, you wouldn't be the first forum moderator like this I have witnessed.

Its okay,.. I'm sure one day you will look in the mirror and realize that your sh!t does in fact stink.

~Cuervo

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Unfortunately, here,.... yes.

But maybe one day when I "grow up," I can be like you: an arrogant, egotistical moderator who flames new members to feel good about himself, and show his authoritative power. Though I haven't quarreled with any, you wouldn't be the first forum moderator like this I have witnessed.

Its okay,.. I'm sure one day you will look in the mirror and realize that your sh!t does in fact stink.

~Cuervo
Your sig.

Horrible Fuking movie. :laughing:
You brought it on yourself. Any and all can neg rep. You insulted me, I neg repped you. Quit your crying and whinning or go away.

Cuervo Jones

Cuervo Jones

Awards
You brought it on yourself. Any and all can neg rep. You insulted me, I neg repped you. Quit your crying and whinning or go away.
Hmmmm,... and you dont consider the "immature" comment or the hyperlink an insult before I even attempted to cut you down? I guess you only see what you want to see.