I need a MOD or ADMIN Please - AnabolicMinds.com

I need a MOD or ADMIN Please

  1. HUGEbanks's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    46
    Posts
    332
    Rep Power
    43807

    Reputation

    I need a MOD or ADMIN Please


    I keep getting an email from this site saying i have a virus on my commputer and that I need to scan it, it provides a link. Who do i forward this to for i feel its a spammer with a virus? Its aimed at me, bigjohn and one or two others.


    Thank you.
    Proud Owner of:
    www.MuscleThreadz.com
    www.BodyByBB2K.com

  2. dpfisher
    dpfisher's Avatar

    You have your email in your signature. There's nothing they can do about that, any bot scanning the web can pick it up.
  3. CodyK7's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    213
    Rep Power
    180

    Reputation

    oh noes the aids virus got you!!
    •   
       

  4. ElectricPulse's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    110

    Reputation

    Don't click the links in the E-mail and delete them and move on.
  5. CodyK7's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    213
    Rep Power
    180

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPulse View Post
    Don't click the links in the E-mail and delete them and move on.
    now that's thinking with your dipstick jimmy!!
  6. CopyCat's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    6,254
    Rep Power
    719847

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by CodyK7 View Post
    now that's thinking with your dipstick jimmy!!
    YouTube- Castrol EDGE - Think With Your Dipstick
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  7. HUGEbanks's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    46
    Posts
    332
    Rep Power
    43807

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dpfisher View Post
    You have your email in your signature. There's nothing they can do about that, any bot scanning the web can pick it up.
    um, no my email addy is not in my sig. The email i keep getting says i have a new private message here and then shows me the message. but when i come here there is no pm...?

    So i assume no mod or admin is going to reply?
    Proud Owner of:
    www.MuscleThreadz.com
    www.BodyByBB2K.com
  8. hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,204
    Rep Power
    18666

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dpfisher View Post
    You have your email in your signature. There's nothing they can do about that, any bot scanning the web can pick it up.
    i don't have mine in any thing anywhere except on the back end of the system here when I signed up and other places when i signed up and I get the emails every week, probably 2 times from every site that I am on except bb...i get it from here occasionally, aadicts, elite and a few others.

    What is crazy is that it is signed the admin of one of those sites and it IS the actual admin but the admin has NO IDEA what or who sent it, lol...I just keep deleting it.
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---
  9. Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11679

    Reputation

    We'll reply if we know about the thread... We're not going to send you an email saying you have a virus. Depending on your email provider, you should be able to look at the root address of the email. It may say anabolicminds but the email will be from another site. You can also check the properties of the link in the email to see where it's going to send you.

    There are many ways that this could happen. However, feel free to shoot me a PM and you can forward me your email and I can check it out.
  10. hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,204
    Rep Power
    18666

    Reputation

    Exclamation There's no VIRUS
    DO NOT RESPOND TO PM's LIKE THIS:

    "A virus alert was noticed on your computer.
    We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately..."

    This is a SPAMMER
    From aadicts, so it was just some spammer i guess.
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---
  11. dpfisher
    dpfisher's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by bodebldr2000 View Post
    um, no my email addy is not in my sig. The email i keep getting says i have a new private message here and then shows me the message. but when i come here there is no pm...?

    So i assume no mod or admin is going to reply?
    It was when I posted that.
  12. ElectricPulse's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    110

    Reputation

    Just delete them and don't worry about it spam mail is not a big deal, Just a simple check and delete and you are golden.
  13. HUGEbanks's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    46
    Posts
    332
    Rep Power
    43807

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dpfisher View Post
    It was when I posted that.
    no. it was never in my sig. sorry buddy youre seeing things. lol
  14. marco wolf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    354
    Rep Power
    255

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bodebldr2000 View Post
    no. it was never in my sig. sorry buddy youre seeing things. lol
    I guess I'm seeing things, too.
  15. hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,204
    Rep Power
    18666

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bodebldr2000 View Post
    no. it was never in my sig. sorry buddy youre seeing things. lol
    Dude, why are you making this such a big deal?

    There was an Email in your sig. Mod@xtreme something.com was in your sig when you first posted this thread...wtf? Do you think that you are Chris angel or someone?
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---
  16. CopyCat's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    6,254
    Rep Power
    719847

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    Dude, why are you making this such a big deal?

    There was an Email in your sig. Mod@xtreme something.com was in your sig when you first posted this thread...wtf? Do you think that you are Chris angel or someone?


    I seen it too
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  17. gamer2be08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,988
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    LMAO this is too funny..
  18. ElectricPulse's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    110

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post


    I seen it too
    I seen it too, I mean why even bother trying to argue it? Hilarious
  19. HUGEbanks's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    46
    Posts
    332
    Rep Power
    43807

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    Dude, why are you making this such a big deal?

    There was an Email in your sig. Mod@xtreme something.com was in your sig when you first posted this thread...wtf? Do you think that you are Chris angel or someone?
    Mod@xtreme something.com is NOT an email addy its a web site.
  20. HUGEbanks's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    46
    Posts
    332
    Rep Power
    43807

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPulse View Post
    I seen it too, I mean why even bother trying to argue it? Hilarious
    as an FYI the Mod@xtreme something.com part was not removed by me. I put it in my sig and i assume a MOD removed it. But either way it is not an email addy.

    The email looks like this:

    DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!
    ***************************

    Dear BB2K,

    You have received a new private message at Anabolic Addiction Forum from LadyrootFiX, entitled "Attention: Virus Alert!".

    To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
    http://www.anabolicaddiction.net/forum/private.php

    This is the message that was sent:
    ***************
    Dear, TheGorilla;BiggJohn;BB2K;bijm1 00;jibarra!

    A virus alert was noticed on your computer.
    We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: http://antivirus.effectmeds.com
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Sincerely, Forum Administration www.anabolicaddiction.net.
    ***************

    Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:
    http://www.anabolicaddiction.net/forum/private.php

    All the best,
    Anabolic Addiction Forum



    There are 2 more emails i got just like this today, a total of 6 emails. I am only trying to alert this site they have someone trying to either spam or hack, if they choose to ignore thats fine, i can mark it as spam in my EMAIL.
  21. urbanski's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,195
    Rep Power
    1507

    Reputation

    URLs dont have an @
    email addys do.
    even if it was fake, its still an email addy like they all said.
  22. HUGEbanks's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    46
    Posts
    332
    Rep Power
    43807

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by urbanski View Post
    URLs dont have an @
    email addys do.
    even if it was fake, its still an email addy like they all said.
    lemme spell it out for you and all the others @ = AT

    I am a MOD "AT" Xtreme. My email addy is not mod@xtremebodybuilding.com I get the emails at my email address and mod@ is NOT my nor anyone elses email address. (that i know of) I would have to own that site to have that email addy.
    Proud Owner of:
    www.MuscleThreadz.com
    www.BodyByBB2K.com
  23. urbanski's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,195
    Rep Power
    1507

    Reputation

    awesome. doesnt matter though. the format is an email addy. URLs dont have @.
  24. ElectricPulse's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    110

    Reputation

    ^What he said, next time spell it out and we wouldn't be saying what is being said.
  25. hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,204
    Rep Power
    18666

    Reputation

    yeah and quit spamming the site bro while putting email addys in your sig....lol
  26. RoadBlocK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,210
    Rep Power
    82880

    Reputation Reputation

    WTF
    PHF Anabolic Trinity Epistane, Trenavar, and Mentabolan - Available Now!!
    Celtic Labs-Trestobol, HaloMass, Celitren, Ostabal and more Available Now!!
    PHF Rep/Celtic labs

  27. CopyCat's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    6,254
    Rep Power
    719847

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bodebldr2000 View Post
    as an FYI the Mod@xtreme something.com part was not removed by me. I put it in my sig and i assume a MOD removed it. But either way it is not an email addy.

    The email looks like this:

    DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!
    ***************************

    Dear BB2K,

    You have received a new private message at Anabolic Addiction Forum from LadyrootFiX, entitled "Attention: Virus Alert!".

    To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
    http://www.anabolicaddiction.net/forum/private.php

    This is the message that was sent:
    ***************
    Dear, TheGorilla;BiggJohn;BB2K;bijm1 00;jibarra!

    A virus alert was noticed on your computer.
    We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: http://antivirus.effectmeds.com
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Sincerely, Forum Administration www.anabolicaddiction.net.
    ***************

    Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:
    http://www.anabolicaddiction.net/forum/private.php

    All the best,
    Anabolic Addiction Forum



    There are 2 more emails i got just like this today, a total of 6 emails. I am only trying to alert this site they have someone trying to either spam or hack, if they choose to ignore thats fine, i can mark it as spam in my EMAIL.


    First, those links say anabolicaddiction, not anabolicminds. Sounds like a phishing scam. It is entirely possible to receive phishing email scams that look like, but do not really originate from said source.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  28. ElectricPulse's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    110

    Reputation

    This man is an epic fail, sorry guy.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. ATTN: Admin
    By nattydisaster in forum General Chat
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-23-2010, 08:32 AM
  2. Board Admin
    By Bullyson in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-05-2010, 09:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO