Need help dealing with a roommate

Caferacer

Caferacer

Awards
  • Established
Alright, I'm having a few issues here and need some advice.

I currently live in a condo where the mortgage is held by my parents (I don't have a full time job that would assure the bank I could pay it, therefore it stays with my parents). A few months ago we rented out one room to a friend of a friend. There is a common area leading outside that is shared with the condo next to us. I used it to store my bicycles and long boards, as well as a neighbors.

Now, he brought car parts into the common area and refuses to move them. There's a muffler, as well a AC compressor, and spoilers for a car he no longer owns. He sees no difference between the car parts and my bicycles. Telling him I could ride my bicycle away and he could not do the same for his muffler did nothing but net a spaced out look as he couldn't comprehend it.

Now, his girlfriend is here. She left recently and came back, but before that was here all day every day for 2/5 weeks. Now she has been here for 3 days now and to be frank, shes ******* me off. The lease he signed specifically states that there are no guests allowed without written consent (and by virginia definition, I believe she qualifies as a resident at this point in my house).

Now, I'm in a pickle here. I can tell him to clean up his act and, if all else fails, tell my rents about everything and get him kicked out as they, no myself, are the acting landlords. He participates in some.... illicit activity and that would be a no brainer easy way to get him out. Only problem is, until he moves out, I don't know what he is liable to do, especially since he has an SKS and 700 rounds of ammo in his room. He gets drunk frequently, and while I don't believe he would do something stupid, I've never pushed or seen him pushed far enough to see. He refuses to take it home because I have my concealed carry handgun in the house, although mine is either on me or in my gunsafe; not just sitting in my closet next to clips and ammo. He sees no difference between a firearm I use daily by carrying, and something that is basically dead weight and never used. The only other thing I can think of is waiting until he is doing those illicit things and calling the police on my own house.

What would be the best way to go about this? I'd appreciate any help possible, especially considering the length of what equates to me bitching about my roommate.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
an SKS??? that thing is ancient!!

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
Don't call the cops. Tell him what you want first and that if he doesn't straighten out you will call the cops because you don't want that kind of **** going on in the condo.

dpfisher

Wow, someone finally used the term "clips" describing a firearm that actually does take clips and not one that uses magazines.

Also I don't see how he has any less right to a firearm than someone who carries. I live with roommates and I have both a carry gun and some other guns including *gasp* an SKS. As far as I know they aren't living in fear I'm going to shoot them. Most people actually think a gun on the person is less reasonable than a gun in a closet anyway.

Can't you just have him put the junk in a box in his closet? This whole thing is like the stuff that happens when 18 year old girls get their first dorm room.

ElectricPulse

ElectricPulse

Awards
Only one way to solve the problem, Muay thai clinch and give him a beating.

FNG

FNG

Banned
Awards
I would not worry too much about the SKS; unless he knows how to take care of one (which takes time weekly to check); the chances of it firing are low. Slam-fire/full-auto incidents are very common. You could always disengage the firing pin (PM me if you do not know how) before you tell him to walk straight or get the f*ck out.

dpfisher

I would not worry too much about the SKS; unless he knows how to take care of one (which takes time weekly to check); the chances of it firing are low. Slam-fire/full-auto incidents are very common. You could always disengage the firing pin (PM me if you do not know how) before you tell him to walk straight or get the f*ck out.
You spend more time talking about guns on the internet than actually using them, I see.

None of this is true, it's just myths started by armchair commandos who jerk off over HK equipment. The SKS is by no means an excellent gun but if properly taken care of like any other gun, it will function flawlessly. Most problems are caused by failure to clean after firing or failure to remove all the cosmoline.

Also taking the firing pin out is (usually) massively difficult on an SKS and most people who own them almost never do this, especially because the bolt is about exactly as long as a bottle of Hoppes is deep.