Your opinions for my tattoo! - AnabolicMinds.com

Your opinions for my tattoo!

1. Board Supporter

Your opinions for my tattoo!

I decided a while ago that I want to get my back tattooed. I have always felt that a tattoo should mean something to you and in IMO you can't really put a price on something that will be with you for the rest of your life. If you've ever walked into a tattoo shop, picked a dragon off the wall and paid $100 to get a tattoo in 15 minutes, thats a joke (again, just my opinion). I've saved close to $1000 to get my back done by Memphis Mike in Port St. Lucie Florida (rated #3 artist in the world 2 years ago). I'll probably have to go for a couple sessions.

I'm a very hard working guy, and when I set my mind to do something it gets done no matter what. I want to get something to emphasize a struggle of somesort...my #1 idea is a very detailed drawing of a big-ass, HULK looking guy hanging off of a cliff with 1 hand (like seen in the US Marines commercials)...Under this scene I was going to have the quote "I will never let go"...I was also thinking of getting a word or something signifying determination across the top of my back (maybe Die Trying or HOPE)...

You guys have any ideas??

2. Senior Member

Those sound good, I have a lot of sayings like that, but Npursuit would call me corny for posting them...

I agree that the tat should be of some value, or nothing regrettable, like you say. I have a tribal around my right arm which i got when I was 18 that needs to be taken care of now. It looks pretty dumb since my arms have grown over 6 inches since then....

And damn, if that dude is as good as you say he is, I might have to check him out for myself the next time I go down to FL. Is his work in any ink mags?
  3. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Jergo
    And damn, if that dude is as good as you say he is, I might have to check him out for myself the next time I go down to FL. Is his work in any ink mags?
    I'm sure he is, but I couldn't tell you which ones. He (Memphis Mike) owns a few shops across the country and he did a friend of mine pretty much from head to toe and all the work looks awesome (altho I'm not a fan of THAT much ink).

I also have a very detailed tribal across my arm, but on the inside is the #25. My entire life, in every sport I played I wore #25 (even in football. not many DTs wear #25). I love my tattoo. I'd post pics but I don't want every1 to laugh at my biceps.
    •   

4. Senior Member

How about a big battle ship...or some Harley wings.
  5. NE1

My advice would be the exact opposite, I think tat's with meaning can be a bit of a mistake. I got two (tribals) when i was 18 or 19 and must say that my personality, outlook on life and views about almost everything have changed greatly since then...luckily mine are meaningless though.

Other than this, pic out what you want, and wait several weeks before you get it. You can take as long as you want to have it done, but once its done, its done.

Also, think how that big hulking dude is gonna look when you are 60+ and shriveling up.
  6. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by NE1
    Also, think how that big hulking dude is gonna look when you are 60+ and shriveling up.
    Yeah but you are going to look like ass anyway, so why does it matter?

DieTrying I have 5 tats and I love all of them but one. I will be redoing one of them on my arm this Summer and it's something I've been thinking about for a couple of years. My best advice to you is to pick something that you want and not pick something that someone else would want. It's your body you are the only one that needs to like it.

Jergo post away bro I was only messing with ya.
  7. Moderator

Speaking of tattoos, I was looking for a symbol of Logic or Knowledge but haven't been able to find anything... Any ideas? I definitely don't want to get a chinese character (not to hate on those of you who aren't chinese, don't understand their culture, nor read/speak the language but get it tattooed on you j/k ) Anyway, if anyone knows of symbol, Id appreciate it
  8. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by whosyourdaddy02
    Speaking of tattoos, I was looking for a symbol of Logic or Knowledge but haven't been able to find anything... Any ideas? I definitely don't want to get a chinese character (not to hate on those of you who aren't chinese, don't understand their culture, nor read/speak the language but get it tattooed on you j/k ) Anyway, if anyone knows of symbol, Id appreciate it
    Yeah mrmm....Got Knowledge??? j/k

I'm sure that the parlor would have a book showing it....most do...I think you should get like a mayan graphic that depicts it, or another type of ancient art that was used as communication...I think thats what I'm gonna do this summer when I get my next ink...Take a look at those mags, you'll find a lot of good ideas in there...
  9. Banned

If you did a tatoo of my penis it would cover your back
  10. The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
    Stats
    5'7"  191 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by whosyourdaddy02

you could always go with latin..

agnosco -noscere -novi -nitum means to express knowledge in english

I think for my next one I will get something in latin

oh and btw I have a dragon on my chest and I like it damn it!!!

h19
  11. The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
    Stats
    5'7"  191 lbs.

Die Tryin, you could go with some latin for the top of your image as well

praesum -esse -fui

[to be before; to be over , preside over; to take the lead]. Hence partic. (with compar.) praesens -entis, [present, at hand], in space or time; 'in praesens (tempus)', [for the present time]; esp., [immediate, ready; effective, powerful, helpful, resolute, determined].

expugno -are
    [to take by storm , capture]; hence [to overcome, subdue; to gain forcibly, extort]; with ut and the subj., [bring it about that

supero -are intransit.

[to go above , overtop, project; to prevail, conquer; to abound; to remain, be over]; esp. [to remain alive, survive]; [to be too much, to exceed]; transit. [to rise above, surmount, overtop, pass; to surpass, excel, exceed; to overcome, conquer]. Compar. of pres. partic., superantior -oris, [more dominant

anyway...I think Latin is cool for a tattoo b/c you don't see that very much..or at least I don't and only you would know what it means, therfore satisfying the whole meaning thing...and it looks really cool too...

h19
  12. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifu
    If you did a tatoo of my penis it would cover your back
    Sifu must have been out drinking with BigSwole.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Can i get your opinions on my thyroid results?
    By superone in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 01:45 AM
  2. Your input for my shake recipe, please?
    By Harley in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-15-2007, 01:13 AM
  3. High volume training, your opinions on my program
    By meathead1987 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12-09-2004, 03:16 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-26-2004, 01:43 AM
  5. Your opinion please:my cycle
    By Tito Raymond in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1