Christian Metal

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
I remember some time back there was a thread or a post that had several good, HARD christian metal bands and songs listen. Yes, I searched and came up empty handed. So, can anybody help me find some good hard Christian Metal to lift to?

Thanks,
DH

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
do you want bands that are christian? or bands that write songs about the christian faith?

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
do you want bands that are christian? or bands that write songs about the christian faith?
I love metal, but don't get along with the lyrics anymore since finding Christ. I would love to find some metal that has good positive Christian lyrics/values.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Underoath and Norma Jean come off the top of my head.
I know there are a few bands that are popular in the secular, and few people realize they are christian, so they must be good metal haha

i like Norma Jean alot

More:
August Burns Red
The Chariot
He is Legend
Demon Hunter

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
circle of dust/celldwellar are pretty good, though i didn't know they were christian when i listened to them.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ILgzo9pWcQ&feature=PlayList&p=4B090BA79DA6C5CD&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=35"]YouTube- Circle Of Dust (1995) - 01 - Onenemy[/ame]

DEADn

DEADn

Awards
circle of dust/celldwellar are pretty good, though i didn't know they were christian when i listened to them.

YouTube- Circle Of Dust (1995) - 01 - Onenemy
COD was pushed as christian through the christian market. His music reflect the pain he went through as a result of what what they wanted him to do vs what he wanted to do musically. Then you got the guy from Klank who was part of COD. I talked to him years ago before his concert and it was obvious to me that he was battling issues and was on the dark side of life without being in the occult.

If you are looking for a postive message neither band is the right thing to do. They would be aking to listening to NIN.

I don't know who is out there for christian metal anymore. I have alot of old stuff. Only new stuff I have is Saviour Machine.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
As I Lay Dying are christian
Demon Hunter
August Burns Red
Nodes of Ranvier

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I haven't heard any Christian metal that's anything like Slipknot. Maybe you should check out some for yourself. We aren't talking about "death metal", because that would be any oxymoron. You can have heavy music and lyrics that actually have a positive message and have a band that plays heavy music that glorifies Christ.

Future

I haven't heard any Christian metal that's anything like Slipknot. Maybe you should check out some for yourself. We aren't talking about "death metal", because that would be any oxymoron. You can have heavy music and lyrics that actually have a positive message and have a band that plays heavy music that glorifies Christ.
Well stated. I personally like 12 Stones but doesnt fall into that metal genre.

Future

Christian metal = Oxymoron
I think its more of a thought to discredit the people. Honestly its sorta odd because its assuming they are not a Christian or whatever because of their style of music. Now, I would question if their actions were not consistent with a Christian but nothing wrong with different style of music although YES I would draw the line with death metal.

Marketing hype or not, I dont care so long as it has a good message.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
If you type in " list of christian metal bands" in wiki you will get a full list. That's the best way to find out. As far as bands actually being christian, whose to really know? You don't know them personally. You can try to listen to music which doesn't touch topics of god or relgion so it's neutral. Just music with positive messages, and music that doesn't use profanity.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Youtube "Underoath"

Not quite sure what genre they're considered though.

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
I'm not a christian music fan, per se, but most of the metal that I listen to has good postive uplifting lyrics(at least to me). Tool, Samael, those sort. Some of them, though, like tool, have directly anti-christian lyrics, while still invoking a good, moral posture. Are you looking specifically for religious christian metal, or just metal that has a positive vibe?

HawaiianPride

HawaiianPride

Awards
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXU0fkDiPLo"]YouTube- August Burns Red - Redemption[/ame]

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
I'm not a christian music fan, per se, but most of the metal that I listen to has good postive uplifting lyrics(at least to me). Tool, Samael, those sort. Some of them, though, like tool, have directly anti-christian lyrics, while still invoking a good, moral posture. Are you looking specifically for religious christian metal, or just metal that has a positive vibe?
The drummer from Tool says that a demon helps him drum. Someone looking for christian music probably wouldn't wanna be listening to them. lol.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
The drummer from Tool says that a demon helps him drum. Someone looking for christian music probably wouldn't wanna be listening to them. lol.
What about Korn and Jonathon Davis? He is pretty positive right?

On a serious note though the old guitar player Monkey got saved a few years ago and walked away from Korn. I heard him on a christian talk show and was stunned when I heard that. Has a book he wrote called How I saved me from myself. Pretty interesting read.

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established

HAH! That's pretty funny, hadn't heard that.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established

On a serious note though the old guitar player Monkey got saved a few years ago and walked away from Korn. I heard him on a christian talk show and was stunned when I heard that. Has a book he wrote called How I saved me from myself. Pretty interesting read.
I can't tell if you are serious about this or not.....

Dead Bodies Everywhere...
All Day I dream About Sex
Freak on a Leash
to name a few....

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I can't tell if you are serious about this or not.....

Dead Bodies Everywhere...
All Day I dream About Sex
Freak on a Leash
to name a few....

No, joking about Korn, but serious about the guitar players new found life in Christ. I used to be a Korn fan "pre-Jesus" so I was stunned to hear about his transformation.

BTW "pre-Jesus" means before I started living for Christ and with Him as part of my daily life.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established

Well korn uses a lot of profanity as well as a lot of suggestive lyrics. As far as monkey..I'm not down with the whole "save" thing because jesus came as a chance for us all to be saved. Not just saved if we believe or except him. We have to follow him and do the will of his father. He said in matthew "he that endures to the end is the one that is saved" After folllowing him continually we will be judged. Accepting jesus as our savior is a BIG first step. Good for monkey that he turned away from all the drugs and bad lifestyle that went along with being a rock star but it's a constant battle to stay on a straight path. The battle is not over just because he accepts christ. Just like the rest of us, it's always a struggle.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
No, joking about Korn, but serious about the guitar players new found life in Christ. I used to be a Korn fan "pre-Jesus" so I was stunned to hear about his transformation.

BTW "pre-Jesus" means before I started living for Christ and with Him as part of my daily life.

Apparantly, I missed 2 commas, that I just edited, that caused some confusion. I am very much joking about Korn being a Christian band.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Well korn uses a lot of profanity as well as a lot of suggestive lyrics. As far as monkey..I'm not down with the whole "save" thing because jesus came as a chance for us all to be saved. Not just saved if we believe or except him. We have to follow him and do the will of his father. He said in matthew "he that endures to the end is the one that is saved" After folllowing him continually we will be judged. Accepting jesus as our savior is a BIG first step. Good for monkey that he turned away from all the drugs and bad lifestyle that went along with being a rock star but it's a constant battle to stay on a straight path. The battle is not over just because he accepts christ. Just like the rest of us, it's always a struggle.

So do you mean you aren't "saved" until you reach "the end" even though
Version: KJV

Romans 10:9

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. You can be down with it or not, but that's what the word says.

Sure, you need to make different choices with your life and pursue the will of God, but you are still saved when you accept Christ as your savior and ask him into your heart. And yes it is a struggle everyday for everyone trying to live righteously.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
So do you mean you aren't "saved" until you reach "the end" even though
Version: KJV

Romans 10:9

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. You can be down with it or not, but that's what the word says.

Sure, you need to make different choices with your life and pursue the will of God, but you are still saved when you accept Christ as your savior and ask him into your heart. And yes it is a struggle everyday for everyone trying to live righteously.
Ohh, I'm down with the word. I know very much what it says. But believing in christ is the first step to salvation. For example, Do you believe that one can believe in christ, turn around and say ok " I believe in christ now, I'm saved so I can do whatever I want"? One could continue to live a life of sin and still be favorable in god's eyes?

I'll let the scriptures do the talking..

James 2:17 "Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone" That scripture shows that even if you have faith it is dead if you don't have works or make effort to do the will of god.

John 3:17- "For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him "might" be SAVED." Notice the word MIGHT

HawaiianPride

HawaiianPride

Awards
Ok. Your post was retarded too.
Don't even think twice about calling out someone you don't know "retarded". I work with special needs children day in and day out. If your going to "try" to insult me. Do it otherwise. But using the phrase "retarded" makes you look pathetic and worthless.