Worst time of year...

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.17%

Worst time of year...

I must say I consider this the worst time of year... no not cause of the weather or any thing such as that but because of all the new "i'm going to get fit" resolution people. I almost lost my mind last night when I went to the gym and seen that it was trashed with plates all scattered on the ground or left on bars along with free weights slung everywhere. I might be the only one but I can't work out when everything is all messed up so I spent the first 20 min of my workout cleaning up a bit. I swear you should have to take an introductory class before you are even aloud in the weight room... some people have no courtesy or respect for others at all.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.8%

I hit the gym for the first time today since the new year. It was absolutely packed. Dumbbells everywhere. I just have to remind myself that these people will only stay motivated for another month or two, then It should die down again.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  264 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.25%

home gym. a nice tower i will never go back
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.17%

Quote Originally Posted by Chops89 View Post
    I hit the gym for the first time today since the new year. It was absolutely packed. Dumbbells everywhere. I just have to remind myself that these people will only stay motivated for another month or two, then It should die down again.
    That is the same way I think, but it still is horrible for the time being.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.26%

I hit my gym on Saturday and it wasn't busy at all, but yeah, the rush usually comes on that first Monday after the new year. I've been lucky to never have to deal with a gym that trashed I guess. Chops89 is right about how you'll only see these people motivated for a little while before they fall off, but I think he's too generous giving them a month or two. I'd say more like 2 weeks to a month, tops, before they disappear from they gym and return to their normal sedentary lives.
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.41%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I got something for you guys that I'm going to try to do.

Help someone that looks like they would need it. Help explain how to perform an exercise. Help explain a supplement if you hear someone talking about one incorrectly.

Anyway - seems worth a shot.
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.19%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

March is just as bad, people getting ready for summer.

I work at a gym and singing people up all day lol.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.44%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

this forum is already getting spilled over with idiots wanting to take steroids.
    - Join Me: Tex89 M-Sten RX Log... Dicing that iron -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/222790-tex89s-msten-rx.html
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.17%

Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    I got something for you guys that I'm going to try to do.

Help someone that looks like they would need it. Help explain how to perform an exercise. Help explain a supplement if you hear someone talking about one incorrectly.

Anyway - seems worth a shot.
    I've tried that before to help some kids I seen dead lifting with horrible forum looking like they were about to pull there backs out and when I tried to help them they totally blew me off like little brats. So from now on I just listen to my head set and work out in a zone of self void.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.17%

Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    this forum is already getting spilled over with idiots wanting to take steroids.
    I prefer protein and creatine, cheaper and comes in delicious flavors! Like chocolate, chocolate, or chocolate and love my creatine with grape juice... =/
  11. dpfisher

Quote Originally Posted by wedlund6 View Post
    home gym. a nice tower i will never go back
    I went to get some more iron plates at the store yesterday because I can't get enough on my standard bars with those stupid clay weights that I have been slowly replacing, they had nothing left but 1 5lb.

I need to meet the people that bought all that iron so I can have it for free in a month when they realize lifting's useless with zero dedication.
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.78%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Agreed, the gym was beyond packed last night. A bunch of clowns running around with their heads cut off. However on the bright side, there were some new female faces that I don't necessarily mind taking up some of my space.

Look, if these people were truly serious about losing weight and getting in shape, they wouldn't wait until the first of the year, they would have done it a long time ago. Just a bunch of sheep, that's all it is. Soon enough, us wolves will eat them all and it'll be back to normal.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.72%

start doing some heavy deadlifts at peak hour while the bicep hero's come in - drop the weight at the top of the rep just to make a big smashing noise - it'll intimidate the idiots who make a mess after curling 10lbs and hopefully make them leave
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.26%

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Manback View Post
    However on the bright side, there were some new female faces that I don't necessarily mind taking up some of my space.
    This is always good. Sadly the 24 hour gym I go to is relatively small so new faces are rare. I could go to the larger gym that's about a mile further away that I have a free membership to with my health insurance, but I like going to this one where the stations are never crowded and I can get in and out with ease...

It's always nice to see attractive ladies in the gym... it's great motivation for me to do a few extra reps haha
  15. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.98%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

This is what you get for doing squats at the curls rack.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  16. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.35%

I like to work out at home now. There are too many people at the gym's these days. Every time I try to go to one particular unit, there is always someone on it. So I decided to get my own equipment to avoid that.
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30%

The gym i go to has been so dead the last few days due to all the snow, but i guess that'll change next week and it'll be over run. Its not a big gym either just a little country club!
  18. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.08%

Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    This is what you get for doing squats at the curls rack.
    I know, GTFO of the rack, I NEED to SQUAT!!!!!
  19. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.08%

Quote Originally Posted by Chops89 View Post
    Funny and true...
  20. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.58%

I went to my gym on the 2nd and was pretty packed, then I realized it was peoples tryin to keep their new years resolution...lol...but just like Chops said...will only last for a few months...it always does...
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.8%

I just got back from the zoo...I mean gym. It's getting worse. Granted, I went a bit later than usual, but damn. I could barely breath. All the oxygen was getting used up.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.62%

The worst is watching all these newbie wannabe gangster/thugs who wear their wife beaters as a sign of the incredible amount of "street cred" they think they have accumulated. These "tough" guys proceed to make a cluster**** out of the dumbell rack. They walk to the heavy side of the dumbell rack with 30's and spill everything on the floor. They brag about taking Cell-Tech and Hydroxycut because that combo "turns fat into muscle homeboy" and "gives you extra muscle".

I never knew a supplement "gave you extra muscle" ! It seems I have to work for it !
  23. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.98%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior View Post
    The worst is watching all these newbie wannabe gangster/thugs who wear their wife beaters as a sign of the incredible amount of "street cred" they think they have accumulated. These "tough" guys proceed to make a cluster**** out of the dumbell rack. They walk to the heavy side of the dumbell rack with 30's and spill everything on the floor. They brag about taking Cell-Tech and Hydroxycut because that combo "turns fat into muscle homeboy" and "gives you extra muscle".

I never knew a supplement "gave you extra muscle" ! It seems I have to work for it !
    I think it depends on what type of mood you are in, and how long you've been prone to seeing this.

I used to care when people did stuff like that, and got annoyed. Now I just sit back and get a nice, mid-workout chuckle. I've seriously begun to hypothesize that muscle magazines develop these stupid "get jacked like Jay" workouts, specifically for my entertainment as I watch wannabe frat-boys attempt them.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  24. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.08%

A week ago when I went, there were about 10 different sets of dumbbells form 30lbs on down all over the floor and a couple 14YOs (I guess) curling; that was their whole workout....
  25. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.26%

I guess I'm lucky, I don't have a lot of the ridiculousness mentioned above, mainly because the people that come to my little gym are there to be serious about their workouts. Also, it helps that the people who work at the gym don't just sit on their ass the whole time but instead will walk around to make sure the place is kept straight and wipe down the machines every now and then.

Only little issue I have is there's an all you can eat Chinese buffet next door and on Mondays and Thursdays they have a special, so the parking lot is full. It's always interesting seeing the people coming in and out of the buffet and the people coming in and out of the gym. Not that I'm above eating at a Chinese all you can eat buffet, but damn you'd think someone who was morbidly obese could take a look at themself and how they are choosing to dine and see the connection!
  26. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.89%

Gone several times since the new year...not noticed a difference. Of course, I lift at 5:00am...so the only peeps there are the hard-cores. Not a single new person at that time yet.
  27. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.98%

Quote Originally Posted by drivehard View Post
    Gone several times since the new year...not noticed a difference. Of course, I lift at 5:00am...so the only peeps there are the hard-cores. Not a single new person at that time yet.
    Lucky for you, dedication never sleeps.

My gym opened at 9am all last week.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  28. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  224 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.75%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by soseg View Post
    start doing some heavy deadlifts at peak hour while the bicep hero's come in - drop the weight at the top of the rep just to make a big smashing noise - it'll intimidate the idiots who make a mess after curling 10lbs and hopefully make them leave
    I love doing that....the whole gym stops to look at you except for those that are focused on actually working.....but then again you know every weak ass in there is thinking "roid rage"

Similar Forum Threads

1. PCT at the worst time!!!
    By hove131 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-20-2011, 11:55 AM
  2. Worst time for PCT!!!
    By hove131 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-19-2011, 06:13 AM
  3. And the Worst Face-Plant of the Year goes to:
    By CNizz in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5