Worst time of year...

Southrn

Awards
I must say I consider this the worst time of year... no not cause of the weather or any thing such as that but because of all the new "i'm going to get fit" resolution people. I almost lost my mind last night when I went to the gym and seen that it was trashed with plates all scattered on the ground or left on bars along with free weights slung everywhere. I might be the only one but I can't work out when everything is all messed up so I spent the first 20 min of my workout cleaning up a bit. I swear you should have to take an introductory class before you are even aloud in the weight room... some people have no courtesy or respect for others at all.:thinking:

Chops89

Chops89

Awards
  • Established
I hit the gym for the first time today since the new year. It was absolutely packed. Dumbbells everywhere. I just have to remind myself that these people will only stay motivated for another month or two, then It should die down again.

wedlund6

Awards
  • Established
home gym. a nice tower i will never go back

Southrn

Awards
I hit the gym for the first time today since the new year. It was absolutely packed. Dumbbells everywhere. I just have to remind myself that these people will only stay motivated for another month or two, then It should die down again.
That is the same way I think, but it still is horrible for the time being.:pokey:

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
I hit my gym on Saturday and it wasn't busy at all, but yeah, the rush usually comes on that first Monday after the new year. I've been lucky to never have to deal with a gym that trashed I guess. Chops89 is right about how you'll only see these people motivated for a little while before they fall off, but I think he's too generous giving them a month or two. I'd say more like 2 weeks to a month, tops, before they disappear from they gym and return to their normal sedentary lives.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I got something for you guys that I'm going to try to do.

Help someone that looks like they would need it. Help explain how to perform an exercise. Help explain a supplement if you hear someone talking about one incorrectly.

Anyway - seems worth a shot.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
March is just as bad, people getting ready for summer.

I work at a gym and singing people up all day lol.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
this forum is already getting spilled over with idiots wanting to take steroids.

Southrn

Awards
I got something for you guys that I'm going to try to do.

Help someone that looks like they would need it. Help explain how to perform an exercise. Help explain a supplement if you hear someone talking about one incorrectly.

Anyway - seems worth a shot.
I've tried that before to help some kids I seen dead lifting with horrible forum looking like they were about to pull there backs out and when I tried to help them they totally blew me off like little brats. So from now on I just listen to my head set and work out in a zone of self void.

Southrn

Awards
this forum is already getting spilled over with idiots wanting to take steroids.
I prefer protein and creatine, cheaper and comes in delicious flavors! Like chocolate, chocolate, or chocolate and love my creatine with grape juice... =/:pokey:

dpfisher

home gym. a nice tower i will never go back
I went to get some more iron plates at the store yesterday because I can't get enough on my standard bars with those stupid clay weights that I have been slowly replacing, they had nothing left but 1 5lb.

I need to meet the people that bought all that iron so I can have it for free in a month when they realize lifting's useless with zero dedication.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
Agreed, the gym was beyond packed last night. A bunch of clowns running around with their heads cut off. However on the bright side, there were some new female faces that I don't necessarily mind taking up some of my space.

Look, if these people were truly serious about losing weight and getting in shape, they wouldn't wait until the first of the year, they would have done it a long time ago. Just a bunch of sheep, that's all it is. Soon enough, us wolves will eat them all and it'll be back to normal.

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
start doing some heavy deadlifts at peak hour while the bicep hero's come in - drop the weight at the top of the rep just to make a big smashing noise - it'll intimidate the idiots who make a mess after curling 10lbs and hopefully make them leave

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
However on the bright side, there were some new female faces that I don't necessarily mind taking up some of my space.
This is always good. Sadly the 24 hour gym I go to is relatively small so new faces are rare. I could go to the larger gym that's about a mile further away that I have a free membership to with my health insurance, but I like going to this one where the stations are never crowded and I can get in and out with ease...

It's always nice to see attractive ladies in the gym... it's great motivation for me to do a few extra reps haha

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is what you get for doing squats at the curls rack. :rasp:

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
I like to work out at home now. There are too many people at the gym's these days. Every time I try to go to one particular unit, there is always someone on it. So I decided to get my own equipment to avoid that.

Steveee

Awards
The gym i go to has been so dead the last few days due to all the snow, but i guess that'll change next week and it'll be over run. Its not a big gym either just a little country club!

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Funny and true...

bulldogz

bulldogz

Awards
  • Established
I went to my gym on the 2nd and was pretty packed, then I realized it was peoples tryin to keep their new years resolution...lol...but just like Chops said...will only last for a few months...it always does... :rolleyes:

Chops89

Chops89

Awards
  • Established
I just got back from the zoo...I mean gym. It's getting worse. Granted, I went a bit later than usual, but damn. I could barely breath. All the oxygen was getting used up.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
The worst is watching all these newbie wannabe gangster/thugs who wear their wife beaters as a sign of the incredible amount of "street cred" they think they have accumulated. These "tough" guys proceed to make a cluster**** out of the dumbell rack. They walk to the heavy side of the dumbell rack with 30's and spill everything on the floor. They brag about taking Cell-Tech and Hydroxycut because that combo "turns fat into muscle homeboy" and "gives you extra muscle".

I never knew a supplement "gave you extra muscle" ! It seems I have to work for it !

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The worst is watching all these newbie wannabe gangster/thugs who wear their wife beaters as a sign of the incredible amount of "street cred" they think they have accumulated. These "tough" guys proceed to make a cluster**** out of the dumbell rack. They walk to the heavy side of the dumbell rack with 30's and spill everything on the floor. They brag about taking Cell-Tech and Hydroxycut because that combo "turns fat into muscle homeboy" and "gives you extra muscle".

I never knew a supplement "gave you extra muscle" ! It seems I have to work for it !
I think it depends on what type of mood you are in, and how long you've been prone to seeing this.

I used to care when people did stuff like that, and got annoyed. Now I just sit back and get a nice, mid-workout chuckle. I've seriously begun to hypothesize that muscle magazines develop these stupid "get jacked like Jay" workouts, specifically for my entertainment as I watch wannabe frat-boys attempt them.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
A week ago when I went, there were about 10 different sets of dumbbells form 30lbs on down all over the floor and a couple 14YOs (I guess) curling; that was their whole workout....

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
I guess I'm lucky, I don't have a lot of the ridiculousness mentioned above, mainly because the people that come to my little gym are there to be serious about their workouts. Also, it helps that the people who work at the gym don't just sit on their ass the whole time but instead will walk around to make sure the place is kept straight and wipe down the machines every now and then.

Only little issue I have is there's an all you can eat Chinese buffet next door and on Mondays and Thursdays they have a special, so the parking lot is full. It's always interesting seeing the people coming in and out of the buffet and the people coming in and out of the gym. Not that I'm above eating at a Chinese all you can eat buffet, but damn you'd think someone who was morbidly obese could take a look at themself and how they are choosing to dine and see the connection!

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
Gone several times since the new year...not noticed a difference. Of course, I lift at 5:00am...so the only peeps there are the hard-cores. Not a single new person at that time yet.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gone several times since the new year...not noticed a difference. Of course, I lift at 5:00am...so the only peeps there are the hard-cores. Not a single new person at that time yet.
Lucky for you, dedication never sleeps.

My gym opened at 9am all last week. :(

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
start doing some heavy deadlifts at peak hour while the bicep hero's come in - drop the weight at the top of the rep just to make a big smashing noise - it'll intimidate the idiots who make a mess after curling 10lbs and hopefully make them leave
I love doing that....the whole gym stops to look at you except for those that are focused on actually working.....but then again you know every weak ass in there is thinking "roid rage"

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Male Anti-Aging Medicine 10
Prince IronMag Labs 2
Anabolics 26
mixedup Anabolics 0
Anabolics 201