Anyone here run any non-profits or regularly donate?

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I donate through the Combined Federal Campaign and specifically target the Wounded Warrior Foundation, along with various other organizations who help the US military. I do this every year and have been for the past 10.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Being active duty, I relate to these particular ones, but also... the fact that my donations are tax deductible doesn't hurt either.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Donate to Alzheimer’s and participate on a local outreach program that announces volunteer opportunities monthly.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do Prolife and Breast Cancer walks/runs. Donate to various charities such as down syndrome, fragile-x, and alzheimers (Grandfather in last stage).

And signed up for the national Bone Marrow Donor registry and had my tissue typed for future donations of Bone Marrow.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did the same a few months back when a friend was diagnosed with Lymphoma.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I did the same a few months back when a friend was diagnosed with Lymphoma.
Good on you Jay. I did it when I read a story about child hood leukemia. Figured it is free for me, and I just regenerate, why not save a child if I can.

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
St. Judes Childrens Hospital.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do Prolife and Breast Cancer walks/runs. Donate to various charities such as down syndrome, fragile-x, and alzheimers (Grandfather in last stage).

And signed up for the national Bone Marrow Donor registry and had my tissue typed for future donations of Bone Marrow.
I actually donated in Jan of '06. Actually, I donated via aphaeresis, which is where they draw blood from one arm sending it through a machine that removes blood stem cells and then gives your blood back to you through your other arm. It's much less painful than having actual bone marrow removed via a giant needle in your hip.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I actually donated in Jan of '06. Actually, I donated via aphaeresis, which is where they draw blood from one arm sending it through a machine that removes blood stem cells and then gives your blood back to you through your other arm. It's much less painful than having actual bone marrow removed via a giant needle in your hip.
Yeah, that is something I signed up for as well. Definitely good on you. I will donate which ever they need from me since many times the marrow itself is required.

Respect for sure, saving someone you dont knows life.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I donate to Mercy Ministries based in Nashville for at risk girls, Outreach America in Greensboro, NC for inner city youth, as well as blood and platelets regularly to Red Cross.

Wounded Warriors is a fantastic organization as well even though I haven't donated to them.

Chops89

Chops89

Awards
  • Established
I'm a volunteer firefighter and I donate blood quite regularly. I would donate money to various organizations, but I really don't have much of that.

purelife1

my wife is like a non for profit organization
i give and give nice things to her but it doesnt profit me anymore nooky

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm a volunteer firefighter and I donate blood quite regularly. I would donate money to various organizations, but I really don't have much of that.
When I first started I only donated $12 bucks a year... $1 a month for 1 charity. And the ones I donate to are tax deductible, so I get my $$ back come tax season.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Charity poker rooms (Rake = Donations).
Tithe at church. I guess that doesn't really count.

country1911

country1911

Banned
Awards
I donate to a volunteer firefighter association, both money(little) and time(LOT). We do a lot of community events.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I donate to this place that helps get homeless off the street. I also do work for them by solving all of their electrical computer problems free.

I have a rally planned in the spring that should bring them in some nice money to support an addition they are adding.