Van Halen Tour Dates-For those interested

1. Registered User
    Answers

Van Halen Tour Dates-For those interested

Van Halen Summer 2004 Tour Dates
    Tickets can be purchased online at the scheduled dates and times below. Please note all times are local to your locale unless otherwise noted!

Date Location Venue Buy Tix Online
    June 11 Greensboro, NC Greensboro Coliseum April 3 - 10:00 AM
    June 13 Hershey, PA Hershey Park Stadium April 3 - 10:00 AM
    June 16 Philadelphia, PA Wachovia Center April 3 - 10:00 AM
    June 19 Worcester, MA Worcester Centrum April 3 - 10:00 AM
    June 22 East Rutherford, NJ Continental Arena April 3 - 9:00 AM
    June 25 Hartford, CT Hartford Civic Center Coming Soon
    June 26 Albany, NY Pepsi Center Coming Soon
    June 28 Washington D.C. MCI Center April 3 - 12:00 PM
    July 01 Pittsburgh, PA Mellon Arena Coming Soon
    July 02 Cleveland, OH Gund Arena Coming Soon
    July 03 Toronto, Ontario, CAN Air Canada Center Coming Soon
    July 06 Columbus, OH Schottenstein Center Coming Soon
    July 07 Indianapolis, IN Conseco Fieldhouse Coming Soon
    July 10 Detroit, MI Joe Louis Arena April 3 - 10:00 AM
    July 11 Auburn Hills, MI The Palace at Auburn Hills April 3 - 10:00 AM
    July 19 Chicago, IL Coming Soon Coming Soon
    July 22 St. Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center April 3 - 10:00 AM
    July 26 Kansas City, MO Kemper Arena April 3 - 10:00 AM
    July 28 St. Louis, MO Savvis Center April 3 - 11:00 AM
    July 31 Omaha, NE Qwest Center Coming Soon
    Aug 01 Denver, CO Pepsi Center Coming Soon
    Aug 05 Phoenix, AZ America West Arena Coming Soon
    Aug 07 Las Vegas, NV Mandalay Bay Events Center April 3 - 10:00 AM
    Aug 10 San Jose, CA HP Pavilion Coming Soon
    Aug 11 Sacramento, CA ARCO Arena Coming Soon
    Aug 13 Oakland, CA Oakland Arena Coming Soon
    Aug 14 Fresno, CA Save Mart Arena Coming Soon
    Aug 19 Los Angeles, CA Staples Center Coming Soon
    Note: All dates, times and locations are subject to change. Online ticket purchase links will be activated a

2. Registered User
    Answers

Fresno here I come baby! Saw them back in '82 I believe. 'Bout time they got their differences straightened out.
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Thanks, Sir Foxx.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

The F'n A hole on the radio said they were back with dave. Then it turned out to be sammy.Much rather it was dave but it will be nice to hear a new stuff from them and a band that has giutar solos in thier songs unlike most of the bands today.
  5. PC1
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
    The F'n A hole on the radio said they were back with dave. Then it turned out to be sammy.Much rather it was dave but it will be nice to hear a new stuff from them and a band that has giutar solos in thier songs unlike most of the bands today.

You hit the nail right on the head bro!
  6. Registered User
    Answers

The VH brothers will never have anything to do with Dave again. Sammy or Dave, it's all VH and it's great to have real rock back.
  7. PC1
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Foxx
    The VH brothers will never have anything to do with Dave again. Sammy or Dave, it's all VH and it's great to have real rock back.
    I like Sammy a lot, and when they first got together, they had great chemistry.

But without a doubt, I like the sound and music of earlier VH.

It's too bad Eddie Alex and Dave can't let bygones be bygones. The Eagles were able to do that in the 90's, and their divorce was as bitter as any other.

I can't imagine Dave's schedule is so busy these days that he has bigger and better things to be doing.

You seem to be a die hard fan, do you have any insight as to why? Also, how's Eddie's health? I imagine he's doing ok if they're headed back out on the road?

One last thing, and I say this as a true VH fan....... I spent 9 months of my life in my early 20's building an incredible VH guitar. Looked exactly like the one Eddie posed with on the bac of VH2, the black with yellow stripes, except mine were a bright lime green color..... mine actually looked cooler I had a Marshall amp, hotrodded it, dropped in an effects loop, and could play Eruption, You Really Got Me, and several other songs from VHI and VH II, Diver Down, Etc. And to this day, I don't believe anyone else has come along to knock Eddie off his throne. He's still holds the crown of most influential guitarist having re-written the book on electric guitar. No one has done that since him.

Still.....

I'd like to know why it is that with the exception of some material on Diver Down, the sound quality of every VH album went steadily downhill after VHI. With all the money they were making, it's inexcusable. I'm not talking about Eddie's sound, which I understand you just get bored with the same old thing year in and out, and want to do something different. I'm talking about the finished product of their albums. They should have improved after VHI, but the opposite is true.
  8. Registered User
    Answers

Well, the animosity between the brothers and Dave is this. Dave ****ed Alex's first wife and there has been a hatred on Alex's part since. Dave has an out of control ego and he started to think that it was him who everyone came to see and not the band as a whole. Early on, Eddie was drunk almost all of the time and it wasn't that much of a problem to let Dave take control of the band, but by Fair Warning, Eddie could hardly stand to be in the same room. Every solo on that album was redone in the middle of the night by Eddie because he hated Dave so much(and at the time the producer Ted Templeman was siding with Roth). When Dave quit/or got fired in 1985, he honestly thought that all he needed to do was get some talented backup musicians and everything would go on like it had. By his second solo album, most of his band had quit(except Vai, who quit later) and since he hasn't been able to keep a steady band together. No one wants to work with guy for very long. He is perpetually stuck in 79-84' with little to no growth. Hell, on the Sam and Dave tour, he did the exact same schtick he did during the Diver Down and 1984 tours. Exact same lines, exact same antics, it was sad.

As for the sound of VH, the first 5-6 albums, Ted Templeman gets the credit for the classic VH sound. With Ed on one speaker and the rest of the band on the other. Ed hated this, it's why he built his own studio, 5150 studios, in his house. Also, if you feel the finished product lacking, remember, the amount of drugs being done on both sides of the mixing boards steadily increased after the first album. Ted Templeman talks of a pound of cocaine being spilled on the mixing board during the recording of Fair Warning. 5150, the first album with Sammy, I thought sounded fine except the electronic Simmons Pads that Alex used. Ou812 lacked any kind of bass, but it was rushed, due to trying to get the product out before the Monsters of Rock tour started(1988) and the blame usually falls on producer Don Landee for that. ****, IMO, is the best sounding Sammy VH album, but it really needs to be played on a nice system, whether its in a car or home, to appreciate it. Balance, while having excellent low end, is a little to polished, blame producer Bruce Fairbairn(Bon Jovi's producer) for that. VHIII, well, what can I say. I liked the CD but technically it is riddled with errors, most of which I attribute to the conversion from analog to digital. Supposedly, the original analog tapes sound amazing, but somewhere during the transfer to CD, it was really ****ed up.

That being said, I highly recommend to anyone who likes classic VH, to go out and purchase the remastered versions of the first 6 albums. It is night and day in comparsion. I hear stuff on them that I've never heard before. Probably within a year, they will remaster the Sammy discs, hopefully the defects will be corrected.

Do you still have the guitar? My personal feeling is there have been 3 revolutions in guitar since rocknroll started. Chuck Berry, then Jimi Hendrix, then Eddie. I'm still waiting for the next.
  9. Registered User
    Answers

I didn't know that Dave F'd Alex's wife. I guess that would explain allot. You have to say both sides are pretty damn weird though. I have never seen Dave interviewed and act.. .. well I guess the word would be normal. Did any of you see Eddie on Stern a few years ago. He was wondering around and not making any sense.
    I wouldn't say anyone knocked Eddie off. There have been some great players after him but I don't think anyone would be playing the way they did with out Eddie. I guess Yngwie started the whole neoclassical thing but again if Eddie didn't come around I don't think the guitar scene would have been the way it was in the 80's. Eddie really revolutionized the way people played guitar. For some reason it seems to have regressed in a way when the 90's came around. Some other player worth mentioning Steve Via, Eric Johnson, Joe Satr., Yngwie, George Lynch, Nuno Bettencourt, Zack Wyld, and I always really liked Jake E. Lee's style on the two ozzy albums he played on.
    That sounds like a sweet guitar you made PC1, I was just looking to see if I could find an old Kramer.Do you still play?
  10. Registered User
    Answers

Sam Ash guitars on the net sells Eddie's current guitar with Peavey(it's the special not the regular(more expensive) version) at a relatively decent price.

Peavey Wolfgang Special
  11. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    Answers

It Is Now Officially 5150 Time!
  12. PC1
    Answers

Thanks Sir Fox...... that does explain a lot. If that's true about Dave, that's a wound that would never heal. Ugh.

I don't play any more. The electric got to be an impractical hobby. I thought my guitar was wasting away and so sold it to another VH nut. He loved it. It really had that raw, ballsy early VH style of sound. The body is made from maple, so it's very chunky. Hit a power chord in front of an amp with any kind of balls and it would just ring and ring At some point I'd love to pick up a 12 string accoustic, but not right now.

I agree with you on the "generational" revolutions. And no one has come along to re-write the book of electric guitar. I hate to say it but not many younger people even seem to care about guitar virtuosity these days.

Yngwie's main influence btw was Ritchie Blackmore. In fact, if you were really familiar with Blackmore, hearing Yngwie, you'd think you were listing to Blackmore.

Blackmore and VH were hands down my two favorite guitarists. Eddie was more interesting to listen to, a much cooler sound, and he seemed to enjoy playing rythm as much as lead. But Ritchie was fascinating to see live. When he wanted to impress, he was in a league of his own insofar as speed and agility.

I do btw have a really good audio system, about 2,400 watts of power in my living room. I still listen to albums...... meaning those big, round black, flat vinyl things your father used to play on a "turntable" , ha My wife snagged me the f-u-c-k cd and when I first threw that on, I was really disappointed in the sound quality. Very mushy. "Where have all the good times gone" from Diver Down on vinyl blows away anything on f-u-c-k insofar as sound quality goes. And I just don't understand that. I would think that with all Eddie's $, he must own all first rate recording equipment. I don't understand then, with his obvious talent and taste, why all of his recordings don't sound THE BEST or at least AMONG THE BEST in the recording industry ?!?! He's still the KING for crying out loud!!!

Oh well, I'll shut up now.
  13. Registered User
    Answers

Well, I think a lot has to do with the transfer from analog to digital on the Sammy CD's. I have 5150 on album and **** on album and both blow the CD's away. The remasters of the first 6 cd's are phenomonal. I think when it comes to playing, Ed's a live guy, he does most his work on getting his rig right. He allows others to craft the discs.
  14. Registered User
    Answers

You guys are forgetting Stevie Ray Vaughn. Although gone, he was an awsome player. Not exactly rock, but awsome.

You also need to get you hands on some Pantera cd's, Dimeabg Darrell, rips on guitar.

I've always thought Eddie was one of the best and still do to this day. I'm glad to see VH making a comeback. Ed was definitely a pioneer for rock guitar. I wish he'd go back to playing as aggressive as he did when he first started. Being a guitarist myself, I can certainly appreciate what eddie and many others have done to influence rock music.
  15. Pityin' fools since '81
    Answers

[QUOTE=SCORPIO]You guys are forgetting Stevie Ray Vaughn. Although gone, he was an awsome player. Not exactly rock, but awsome.

QUOTE]

****in A right he was. his music was a mutation of the blues. I still have and listen to all his albums; texas flood being my favorite.
  16. Registered User
    Answers

Stevie was great. Another blues guitarist that I really dig is Ry Cooder. That guy just gives me chills. Some of the smoothest guitar I've ever heard.
  17. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Foxx
    Stevie was great. Another blues guitarist that I really dig is Ry Cooder. That guy just gives me chills. Some of the smoothest guitar I've ever heard.
    Yeah, watch the movie Crossroads with Ralph Maccio.......Cooder plays most of the tracks on the movie.....Steve Vai plays in the 'duel' at the end of the movie, he shreds.

Lets not forget Randy Rhoads....classical back ground, extremely talented rock guitarist.
  18. Registered User
    Answers

This is a cool program for you guitar players.
    http://www.powertabs.net
    Most of the stuff on there is pretty accurate. Some VH on there too.
  19. Registered User
    Answers

via definitely shreds. I love that run at the ends of for the love of god.
  20. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    Answers

Sammy Looks Toward The Future
    November 4th, 2004

The band has been largely silent as the tour has marched across the land this year. In the vaccuum of real information the fans trade bits of speculation and inferences from what little has been published. In response to these public wonderings that Van Halen may be through after the last show of this tour, Sammy has posted a message to his website:

The Last Leg of the Van Halen Tour is about over. It ends on Nov 19th to be exact in Tucson at the Anselmo Amphitheater. Last two shows Huh! ...You can't make it? Get real!

See ya in Tucson!

INSERT by b5150: and you know I got my tickets in hand for both shows

Everything has been great, the fans awesome, the fun meter in the red.

Listen here, all these crazy rumors flying around cyberspace are that. Plain and simple, I never said I was quitting Van Halen. There has been no discussion as to when or where we're going to pick this show up on the road and do it all over again cause quite honestly, 80 shows since June 11. Wow, I'm bushed ...HA!

But baby, we are rockin'. The adrenalin in pumpin'. We're having a blast and you need to come check it out for yourself. If you ain't jacked when you get there, I guarantee you you'll be jacked when you leave.

Come November 20th, I'm looking forward to taking some time off, chill with Kari and the kids and head down to Cabo.

Of course - New Year's Eve with the Wabos down in Cabo. Our show dates will be December 31, January 2 and January 4.

And then, yes, here we go again. Hard to believe, but the one year anniversary of the Cabo Wabo Cantina in Tahoe is May. Get ready for 555.Cinco.Cinco.Cinco. That's right * May 5, 2005, Cinco de Mayo in Tahoe. It's "55" with an extra "5" for good measure.

Wait, that's not all! ...With this you get... HA HA!!.

Be sure to check out Oprah's show next Friday, November 12. Kari and I were guests in the audience, but of course, the talk got around to tequila. You may not recognize me. No sunglasses. No hat. But my beautiful wife, Kari, just check her out. And yes! As an added bonus! "Oprah After the Show" airs on the Oxygen Network. Oprah, Kari and I chatted it up and you'll see we were "talkin' tequila." I'm here to tell ya ...the girl KNOWS her blanco from her reposado from her anejo.

We'll talk more. Later.

http://www.vhnd.net/articles/041104-01.shtml

-b5150 "nobody rules the streets at night but me...nobody"
  21. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    Answers

Al Talks To The Wichita Eagle
    November 5th, 2004

A new interview with Al has been posted to the Wichita Eagle's website. It is particularly interesting that Van Halen's official webmaster has forwarded this to The United Lists of Van Halen noting " Some of you may find the last few sentences of this article of particular interest."

First rock concert? Gotta be Van Halen

The legendary rock band will perform for fans, old and new, Saturday at the Kansas Coliseum.

BY TRAVIS HEYING

The Wichita Eagle

In the fall of 1980, my older brother, Craig, returned home from a trip to Rapid City, S.D. The next morning he spun tales of a wild experience from the night before.

It was his first rock 'n' roll concert.

There were explosions, he said. Loud guitars, gigantic drums and lots of girls. He was in sixth grade.

Six years later, when I was 13, Craig took me on that same trip to Rapid City to witness it for myself.

It was Van Halen.

I stood inside Rushmore Plaza Civic Center, wearing a new black concert T-shirt, and stared at the stage, too stunned to speak.

So when the members of Van Halen announced last spring that they were headed out on the road together for the first time in six years, my brother and I did what came naturally.

We loaded up his 7-year-old son, hauled him to Denver and made sure his first rock 'n' roll concert was Van Halen.

Standing on a chair to see, he wore a new Van Halen shirt and, like his uncle 18 years before, stood wide-eyed, too stunned to speak.

On Saturday, the legendary American rockers will bring their 25-year catalog of music to the Kansas Coliseum for generations of fans old and new.

Known for their internal squabbling and singer-swapping as much as for their music, Van Halen set aside a nine-year war of words and egos with singer Sammy Hagar to return to the road.

In July, the band released a two-disc greatest hits album featuring three new songs with Hagar at the helm.

While on a tour stop in Calgary last week, drummer Alex Van Halen said in an interview that the diverse faces in the audiences on this tour are a testament to the band's longevity.

"It means the music held up," he said. "It's probably one of the most rewarding aspects of making music."

The cliche says that rock 'n' roll is the elixir of youth. Like the Rolling Stones, Van Halen is clearly a case study in this theory.

Singer Hagar, who replaced original vocalist David Lee Roth in 1985, turned 57 last month.

"That guy's made of cast iron," Alex Van Halen said.

Guitarist Edward Van Halen has spent the previous four years battling tongue cancer. These days he jumps around on stage with an artificial hip.

Alex Van Halen admitted that getting old is a fact of life.

"At our age, you don't want to stop. Because if you stop, you might not get back up."

Speaking of stopping, the last date of the tour is Nov. 19 in Tucson.

The buzz on radio and the Internet is again predicting the band's demise, saying internal tensions have taken their toll.

Alex Van Halen tried to lay those rumors to rest.

"Our disagreements are about our music," he said.

The band plans to take a break after the tour and then enter the studio to begin work on a new album, he said.

With Sammy Hagar on vocals?

"With Sammy," he said.

http://www.vhnd.net/articles/051104-01.shtml
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 01:37 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 11:17 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-08-2006, 01:35 PM
  4. Replies: 23