New Years Resolution

bigdognhb

Awards
So just curious. What are people doing as a new years resolution. I kinda even hate the term myself because you can resolve to better yourself on any given day. Why do we always wait til Jan 1st to decide to do something. Being AM we can assume Get Bigger/ Get ripped is on everyones list but what do you want besides that?

Mine is something I should have done some time ago. Take back control of my life. In all aspects. The last year was hell and I let myself get sucked deeper into it. The drinking is going to get cut WAY back, the eating like crap is going to stop, and after 9 years of talking about getting the hell out of WI Im moving to TX the end of Feb. There will be no more asking myself why things have happened in my past. Because it is that The Past. I can not change it. But I CAN change where I go in the future. I have sat for too long with the theory that I am a good person and that eventually I will get the things I deserve (not saying I havent worked for what I want) From now on if I want something Im going to do whatever is needed to obtain it. (except cause someone else pain or sorrow for my gain) I used to live my life like that and I was much happier then

Good Luck in your quests for your better selves

HawaiianPride

HawaiianPride

Awards
1. To become financially wiser lol
2. To grow bigger then I did this year
3. Pursure a career in health/nutrition.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
1) keep my GPA at a 3.8 or higher
2) love my job again
3) not be "numbed" every day of my life............
4) be a better friend...
5) buy a 2010 wrangler.....( this week actually)
6) attend kettle bell classes 3-4 times a week.

Cassavus

I really don't make new years resolutions. Just like you said, we don't have to wait till Jan 1st to change something, we can do it any day of the year! If something in my life needs to be changed/fixed, then I do it.

But! I guess if I had to make a new years resolution, it'd be to focus more on school. Which I'm already accomplishing. :)

j rad

j rad

Awards
In the spirit of New Years, i will change my personal goals to New Years Resolutions.
1. Get my Leg press to and past 1000lbs
2. Get a job in health and fitness
3. Go back to school to further my knowledge of Health and Fitness

Chops89

Chops89

Awards
  • Established
None. If I feel there is something in my life I need to change, I change it right there on the spot. No need to start on a certain date or use the new year as an excuse to procrastinate changing things I already know need changing.

ward0351

ward0351

Awards
I love how every year the gym gets packed after New Years and then slowly declines back to normal around March.

roids1

roids1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Mine is to stop making New Years resolutions. 98% of them are broken by the 7th, so WTF's the point!

OZjames007

OZjames007

Awards
this years resolution was no more take away i had it five or six times up untill end of sept which was 2 weeks prior to my wedding since then i've had it another 10! lol so i didnt do too bad.

2010 resolutions/hopes/goals
* get the other half pregnant - the fun is in trying lol
* learn to cook more efficiently (ie cleaner and faster)
* get to 95KG lean off cycle.
* be a better boss

Cassavus

I love how every year the gym gets packed after New Years and then slowly declines back to normal around March.
I KNOW! Man, my gym's already starting to pick up. Not that I have anything against these people trying to better themselves, but we all know they aren't serious about it. It kind of pisses me off because they just get in my way. Hogging up dumbbells and benches, performing exercises incorrectly. Grrrr...

Chops89

Chops89

Awards
  • Established
I KNOW! Man, my gym's already starting to pick up. Not that I have anything against these people trying to better themselves, but we all know they aren't serious about it. It kind of pisses me off because they just get in my way. Hogging up dumbbells and benches, performing exercises incorrectly. Grrrr...
I walked into the gym around 1 today and there were probably twice as many people there. Pissed me off. They were taking up all the benches and dumbbells. I actually resorted to using machines that I almost never use.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Seen it happen all too many times!

New years resolutions are stupid. If your gonna do something do it now! The beginning of the year is only delaying yourself further.