• Legend!
  • Established
what part? south, centeral, north?

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DC, but I head to Jersey every once in awhile.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Originally from NY, now in Bucks Cty Pa

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
south jersey.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
South Jersey, Deptford area. The snow was insane at the Eagles game yesterday!!! Refs players cheerleaders everyone got hit with snowballs, did anyone else go?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
South Jersey, Deptford area. The snow was insane at the Eagles game yesterday!!! Refs players cheerleaders everyone got hit with snowballs, did anyone else go?
your the closest to me so far. I go to school in blackwood and the gym at the ballys by the deptford mall

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Atco. right down by the raceway. grew up here. lucky me.
im a little more south then atco but am there alot in the summer. My dad races and alot of my buddies do too, im too poor for that hobby. I used to be heavily involved into I got addicted to working out :bigok:

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
your the closest to me so far. I go to school in blackwood and the gym at the ballys by the deptford mall
oh $hit check you out! I live right next to the mall. my BJJ school is in blackwood actually. im about to move back to Rowan though, lease is over in May and thats where most of my friends are at.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
whats the school? I know most of the schools in the area..

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
whats the school? I know most of the schools in the area..
Kpoz, we moved there about a year ago into what used to be a dollar store on the blackhorse pike.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i know the place.. I personally dont like kevin.. he is a douche but daniel is amazing!!! Is daniel still teaching there? I forget the kickboxer guys name with all the tattoos. I went there back when it was in that complex and was sharing space with that gym that closed down. I forget the gyms name now

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
i know the place.. I personally dont like kevin.. he is a douche but daniel is amazing!!! Is daniel still teaching there? I forget the kickboxer guys name with all the tattoos. I went there back when it was in that complex and was sharing space with that gym that closed down. I forget the gyms name now
funny that you say that, actually kevin had a heart attack and since he wasnt gonna be able to train anymore he sold the school to a couple people there. daniel is still teaching bjj, doing grappling tournaments, getting his work visa extended. we also have a guy from thailand teaching muay thai now. I also started going when it was sharing space with powerhouse gym about 2 years ago. the effin gym didnt pay their rent so everyone got kicked out lol

where do you train now? the new place we got is pretty nice if you wanna check it out sometime. and its under new management hahah

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
oh thats cool... yea I liked daniel he is very patient... not too clear but he will take the time to correct you and actually teach you.. haha I still remember him always yelling "passa la guard"..lol..

Now I do judo mainly because budget and its also a cool sport. Havent been doing it too long only about 4 months.. been on leave now cuz of school but trying to make time for it again. I miss MMA training.. its soooo much fun!!!

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
hahaha yea that and "okey guys now de rollin"

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
whats the going rate there now? I remember when kevin ran it he was chargin like $160 a month i believe

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
whats the going rate there now? I remember when kevin ran it he was chargin like $160 a month i believe
now its 100 for unlimited bjj and 120 for bjj,muay thai and boxing. oh yea and we got an old grizzly dude named phil as the boxing coach. guy is a monster, broke his back years ago and then boxed 50 rounds on his 50th bday.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's not too bad. I was thinking about Daddis in Philly, I never been there but it looks like a real soils school. There is another good BJJ place in Philly called Balance. The owner there trained with the Gracie academy and that's where he got all his belts, I believe it is a Gracie certified school. Also there is a place in deptford called Next Gen MMA lots of wrestler there. It is fun if u primarily grapple BJJ and you roll around what a wrestler.. They approach things so differently, makes it a challenege when ur not used to it.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
That's not too bad. I was thinking about Daddis in Philly, I never been there but it looks like a real soils school. There is another good BJJ place in Philly called Balance. The owner there trained with the Gracie academy and that's where he got all his belts, I believe it is a Gracie certified school. Also there is a place in deptford called Next Gen MMA lots of wrestler there. It is fun if u primarily grapple BJJ and you roll around what a wrestler.. They approach things so differently, makes it a challenege when ur not used to it.
I dont know if you remember Jake from our school? he ended up breaking ties with kevin and going to Daddis. its a more fight oriented school, almost everyone fights. they got a cage and they hold smokers all the time. good school if you dont work late and wanna fight.

no offense to anyone but I dont really like grappling with wrestlers. they never go for any moves, just try to pin you down the whole time. Im sure they are all good schools bro, I just know I wouldnt wanna make the drive across the bridge..especially after training it would be a pain

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Born and raised in Brick Township, which is "down the shore" more or less. It's over by Toms River, Point Pleasant, Belmar, Seaside, etc. Went to college in South Jersey, about 25 minutes from Philly.

Moved up to Weehawken (over by Hoboken) after college, then NYC, now San Diego.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Hoops where did you go to college?

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Hellz yea man me too! Graduated spring 08. I actually live right next to there and Im there all the time. In may im moving back to rowan, i need a place to live and I still know so many people.

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nice! I graduated in 2004, B.A. Communication Studies. Haven't been back in a while, wouldn't really know anyone there anymore besides the basketball coach. Fun school though. Lots of parties in the Crossings and Beau. I was a bouncer at Main Street. My senior year is when Landmark opened. The lobster dip there is bomb as hell.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Nice! I graduated in 2004, B.A. Communication Studies. Haven't been back in a while, wouldn't really know anyone there anymore besides the basketball coach. Fun school though. Lots of parties in the Crossings and Beau. I was a bouncer at Main Street. My senior year is when Landmark opened. The lobster dip there is bomb as hell.
hahah main street died a glorious death. the school was buying up all the houses in the area plus their liquor license was expiring this year so what did the dude do? open doors wide open and let everyone with a rowan ID in LOL it was insane packed with 18 y.o chicks. so Rowan bought basically every house in town and knocked it down, and its wayyyy bigger than what it used to be. Landmark is not bad, they built a nightclub addition with a VIP section...hahahah who in glassboro would sit in VIP

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Grew up in Brunswick, Live in Philly.

I actually train at Balance studios. Amazing school w/ great instructors.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Grew up in Brunswick, Live in Philly.

I actually train at Balance studios. Amazing school w/ great instructors.
thats cool... I been there a couple times and the main instructor seems to really know his stuff. Its a little small though.. is it still above that garage?

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hahah main street died a glorious death. the school was buying up all the houses in the area plus their liquor license was expiring this year so what did the dude do? open doors wide open and let everyone with a rowan ID in LOL it was insane packed with 18 y.o chicks. so Rowan bought basically every house in town and knocked it down, and its wayyyy bigger than what it used to be. Landmark is not bad, they built a nightclub addition with a VIP section...hahahah who in glassboro would sit in VIP
That does sound pretty damn glorious. Were they still doing $1 you-call-it on Saturday nights between 10pm-1am? That sh!t was awesome...recipe for disaster. So sloppy, so many fights, hookups, etc because of that deal. What was the name of the club place....The Spot?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea it's called the spot...R u saying they closed down? I haven't been there in a while

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Yea it's called the spot...R u saying they closed down? I haven't been there in a while
No landmark/spot are open, main street (the getto townie bar) is the one that died