Natural/organic shave cream

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Anyone know of any natural/organic shave creams? Knowing how bad dyes are and the things I've read about benzyl alcohol, I was thinking of maybe switching shave creams.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
dr.bronners makes a good oil based shaving cream. i buy the unscented baby type, blue bottle. check online or vitamin shoppe

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
I shave with soap or nothing and unfortunately i have thick coarse hair. Hurts like hell but builds character. :thumbsup:

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I shave with soap or nothing and unfortunately i have thick coarse hair. Hurts like hell but builds character. :thumbsup:
well you are lucky you dont have sensitive skin bro! if yours can take straight razor to the face with no problems then its all you

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I'm prone to acne, so I'll get bumps like crazy if I dry shave, not to mention I'd wear out my razor blades in no time.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
i can take the blade straight to the skin except in this cold weather. I actually only shave at night or trim with the electric. Blade shaving in the morning and then going out in the cold leaves me with razor burn for sure. Have you guys tried soap tho instead of shaving cream?

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
soap is much worse than shaving cream. for people with sensitive skin, soap will leave you extremely dry. most people cant handle caveman soap style shaving sessions lol it would leave my face irritated as hell and red

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
haha - o i didnt know. I must have rough skin maybe?

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I've even tried baking soda with water. It work, but not as good as shaving cream, however it does seem to make a good after shave. I notice if I wash my face with baking soda after I shave I don't get razor burn by my neck.

C

Cyberstalker

Awards
one time in basic training the DS made me shave without cream in front of the entire platoon. sadistic sob

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
You ever tried shaving immediately after your bf bukakes you? I hear that makes for a nice, gentle lubricant. Just ask BHG.

GICH!

^^ :wtf: ^^

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Use coconut oil. It's kind of a pain to use, but it leaves your skin really smooth and is pretty gentle.