Any ballers here? Bball?

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
Just wondering if we have any ballers on here? Or vert freaks that train for dunking/jumping?

tattoopierced1

I played last Friday for the first time in years.. can still dunk extremely easy..its almost not funny.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
At one point in my day I avg 20, 8, and 2 (pts, assist, steals) at the jr college level running guard. Before I hit 25 and my back and knees left me, I trained for vert and explosive jumping for years throughout HS and jr college.

My secrets were the reverse elevator shoes and the hydraulic leaper machine. Those together over a year or so put me at 35' vert.

I'm like 5'11 on a good day, lol. I used to love when 6'4 guys would think they were going to block my layup only to end up on a snap shot looking like .....whoaaaa!

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I haven't touched the bball court in 10 yrs.

I am sure I'd break a bone or something if I tried to run with these 20+ yr olds....my jumper is still pure though, I suppose...lol

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
Cool! I remember that leaper, machine was awesome. I have something similar, the Supercat by Powernetics.

Last time I saw the Leaper was about 96' at some college, they were throwing it out.

Yah, I'm a bball nut.

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Played some ball in my day.

If you're looking to increase your vert, the Strength Shoes actually do work, as does anything related to squats, calves and plyometrics. Personally, I haven't played in almost 6 months due to an ankle injury. Determined to come back soon though...want to still be able to pull off an acceptable 360 at age 30!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlrWnahTiMo&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Strength Shoe featured on Seinfeld[/ame]

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
Played some ball in my day.

If you're looking to increase your vert, the Strength Shoes actually do work, as does anything related to squats, calves and plyometrics. Personally, I haven't played in almost 6 months due to an ankle injury. Determined to come back soon though...want to still be able to pull off an acceptable 360 at age 30!

YouTube- Strength Shoe featured on Seinfeld
That's would be something!

I have those SS's. I never used them for jumping, but for speed training. And they really build up the calves/ankles.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Cool! I remember that leaper, machine was awesome. I have something similar, the Supercat by Powernetics.

Last time I saw the Leaper was about 96' at some college, they were throwing it out.

Yah, I'm a bball nut.
lol, it was probably worn out from overuse ... last time I seen one was around 94'. I have seen that machine that you are talking about with the weights on it, or I think a place for 45'lb plates??? Maybe another machine that I am thinking of but I think I have spotted it on vert jump sites.