Nate Green - Anyone familiar with him?

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
He's a columnist and writer for both T-Muscle and himself. He's got a book out; [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Built-Show-Body-Changing-Workouts-andLooking/dp/B002HREKGY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1259769716&sr=8-1"]Built for Show[/ame]. - He's also got his blog: [ame=http://thenategreenexperience.com]Blog | Have You Had The Nate Green Experience?[/ame]

Just curious if anyone ever read his stuff. He's only 24. Pretty impressive.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
heard of him and read his stuff over at T-nation... seems pretty knowledgeable

tyler4

tyler4

Awards
  • Established
Never heard of him but after reading a bit, it seems like he's a pretty knowlegable and cool cat.

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
Nate has become a big time writer over the last 2-3 yrs. He seems very cool, he's a great athlete, pretty damn strong/explosive & has a great build. He's got everything going for him it seems. Lucky bastard, I envy him.

He was suppose to be a test subject with this Anconda/workout routine. But I don't believe he did it. Would be cool to see how he fared with it! Maybe he still will. He also has a blog that is half decent. I check it out from time to time.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nate has become a big time writer over the last 2-3 yrs. He seems very cool, he's a great athlete, pretty damn strong/explosive & has a great build. He's got everything going for him it seems. Lucky bastard, I envy him.

He was suppose to be a test subject with this Anconda/workout routine. But I don't believe he did it. Would be cool to see how he fared with it! Maybe he still will. He also has a blog that is half decent. I check it out from time to time.
I don't think HE's doing the routine, but he's got other guys on it. My buddy is actually one of the dudes he's testing it with, so I've got some insider information on it.

And Nate has also got one of the best looking ginger-girlfriends I've ever seen.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dig his outlook. He's just kind of like an every-day dude that recreationally trains. He's got some damn-good genetics, too! Lucky guy.

tyler4

tyler4

Awards
  • Established
I dig his outlook. He's just kind of like an every-day dude that recreationally trains. He's got some damn-good genetics, too! Lucky guy.
Yea, after reading some more of his blogs, I can relate to his outlook as well. His sample daily diet is almost the exact same as mine.

I may give his book a read.

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
I don't think HE's doing the routine, but he's got other guys on it. My buddy is actually one of the dudes he's testing it with, so I've got some insider information on it.

And Nate has also got one of the best looking ginger-girlfriends I've ever seen.
She's an older chick from what I've seen.

Haha, I'm a Facbook friend of his! hahahaha! WHO has the inside scoop now buddy? LOL

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea, after reading some more of his blogs, I can relate to his outlook as well. His sample daily diet is almost the exact same as mine.

I may give his book a read.
It frustrates me. Why don't I look like that? haha

Genetics are a bitch.

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
Dude can bench 225 like a 45 times. Not bad for a guy who weighs around 185-190.

Standing vert was like 34-35 inches. I wonder what his running vert is?

tyler4

tyler4

Awards
  • Established

Is Anaconda just peri w/o supplementation? I couldnt find where it's an actual workout routine.

tyler4

tyler4

Awards
  • Established
So I read his "The Green Mile" routine on his blog. I will be incorporating this into my next routine for sure, it looks killer.

The Green Mile
100 pound heavy bag carry (cradle in your elbows like a Zercher squat) for 40 yards
200 pound Farmer's Walk for 40 yards (100 pound dumbbell in each hand)
15 Overhead Medicine Ball throws against a wall (the heaviest medicine ball you have)
10 strict pull-ups
10 push ups on blast straps
10 kettlebell swings (the heaviest kettlebell you can find)
20 sledgehammer swings (alternate 10 on each side)

The whole thing takes about 4 minutes. Do one set, rest 4 minutes, and repeat two more times.

12 minutes of work equals about three hours of feeling drunk

tyler4

tyler4

Awards
  • Established
At my office we have a basically vacant parking lot behind here the loading docks. So the room is there. All the stuff I can have by the time I start my new routine.

tyler4

tyler4

Awards
  • Established
Dude can bench 225 like a 45 times. Not bad for a guy who weighs around 185-190.

Standing vert was like 34-35 inches. I wonder what his running vert is?
I was reading his article from the DeFranco's training camp and he was "only" able to get it 22. His vertical was like 34 and 40 time was 4.75. Not bad.

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
I was reading his article from the DeFranco's training camp and he was "only" able to get it 22. His vertical was like 34 and 40 time was 4.75. Not bad.
Ahhh, thanks for that. Ha, I was far off. That's still great.
Right, his start was way off I recall. But not bad for not working on that with the 40.

Standing 34 is excellent.
Not sure how reactive he is, I know he does box squats, but his running vert I bet is near 40. Which is awesome.

Tire hitting with the hammers is one hell of a WO!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Christian Thibaudeau is apparently lifting 3 times a day, 6 days a week with the Anaconda Protocol. Man, it'd be nice to have that kind of time.
That's just nuts. Way too much for me.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's just nuts. Way too much for me.
Yea, me too. Thats crazy.
A couple hundred grams of casein hydrolysate, as much food as you can cram in, an afternoon nap and one lift per session. Not to mention hundreds of dollars of othe Biotest stuff, and maybe a few "goodies" undisclosed. Just not feasible for most folk. Financially, temporally or physically.

I've done two-a-days and loved them, but they take up so much time that I have only been able to do them on summer breaks or when I was unemployed. Still, goes to show how adaptive the body is, and that overtraining is a risk that is easily marginalized if training is approached properly.