supplement tax write off

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
I don't know why i didn't think of posting this here before but when i went to go see my tax lady about 3 years ago she asked if i was working out. she also told me that if i can have my doctor put in writing that i need to take some supplements to aid in my overall health that it was tax deductible. I've been writing off my supplements ever since, last year was something like $1500.00. i told my doc about it and he did say that extra protein and general vitamins were a good idea and he put that down in writing for me. i told him about all I've been reading about extra supplements to take because our way of life seems to deplete more minerals and vitamins than most normal folks, he once again agreed and said "well it can't hurt". see if your doc will do the same and save some money.

lyfespan

lyfespan

Awards
  • Established
I don't know why i didn't think of posting this here before but when i went to go see my tax lady about 3 years ago she asked if i was working out. she also told me that if i can have my doctor put in writing that i need to take some supplements to aid in my overall health that it was tax deductible. I've been writing off my supplements ever since, last year was something like $1500.00. i told my doc about it and he did say that extra protein and general vitamins were a good idea and he put that down in writing for me. i told him about all I've been reading about extra supplements to take because our way of life seems to deplete more minerals and vitamins than most normal folks, he once again agreed and said "well it can't hurt". see if your doc will do the same and save some money.
Get twice the tax write off if you buy your supps with that left over home equity loan moneys. Kitchen remodel,new car, bathroom remodel , patio cover,supps,ph's you know

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How specific does the write up have to be? I mean, is it "LennoxChi needs to have 5lbs of True Protein's CFM Whey Isolate every week."? Or, hopefully, something more general?

If I can get the fed's to subsidize my supps, it would be amazing.

lyfespan

lyfespan

Awards
  • Established
How specific does the write up have to be? I mean, is it "LennoxChi needs to have 5lbs of True Protein's CFM Whey Isolate every week."? Or, hopefully, something more general?

i think the home equity is a state write off?the cpa handles all of that i just make the green.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
thats a nice tip indeed, never heard of this before but will try it come tax time. thx

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the irony would be thick if people started claiming against their PHs :laugh:

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established

mine note said somethingto the effect of "patient is to consume above average amounts of protein, vitamins and minerals to support healthy lifestyle" or something like that, i don't even have the not anymore, my tax lady just wanted to see it. very simple and general

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm going to be upset if I read a 3rd stimulus package contains subsidies for "Resolve's Supplement Fund." :D

Although it may cause more of an economic boost than some of that crap. More supplements for you means a healthier and bigger Resolve, which means you can work more in the lab, which means more scientific knowledge, which means you need more staff to create products and medicines, which means more jobs.

There. Why am I a free-market libertarian? I should be working for those Democrats. I can BS just as well. :lol:

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Which section does that go in? The section to deduct Medical Expenses? Interesting indeed since my father in law is a doc down in fla. Going to see him in 2 weeks and he is licensed to write scripts in the state I live in.

Just realized I never looked into HRT "under his care". He is getting ready to retire next year so I don't know how long I could work that out.

manny1010

Awards
  • Established
I am in accounting school. I dont think I am to that level of knowledge yet, but I will look into it after finals.