Breaking in/Roughing up a New Leather Jacket

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
yo guys, just got a Leather Jacket, anyone got any good methods for breaking it in... other than "wear it"

feel free to chime in if ya know!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Set your dryer on air tumble/tumble dry. Toss your jacket in with a pair of clean boots/sneakers for 30mins. :thumbsup:

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
Set your dryer on air tumble/tumble dry. Toss your jacket in with a pair of clean boots/sneakers for 30mins. :thumbsup:
this is also a good way to rough up counterfeit money so it looks/feels more real

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
hahaha thanks guys, unfortunately the dryer at the house doesn't have a "no heat" setting

any other ideas?

dpfisher

Why would you want to wreck your jacket? I have one that's like 5 years old and still looks new because I take care of it, and it's tough cowhide. Makes people think I have $$ when I'm poor lol

Only problem is people try to buy coke off me when I'm wearing it... sorry guys, no REALLY I don't have any... sorry again... OK GO AWAY

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why would you want to wreck your jacket? I have one that's like 5 years old and still looks new because I take care of it, and it's tough cowhide. Makes people think I have $$ when I'm poor lol

Only problem is people try to buy coke off me when I'm wearing it... sorry guys, no REALLY I don't have any... sorry again... OK GO AWAY
He wants the rugged leather look, not the "I have money" look.

dpfisher

Oh well if you wanna look rugged do what I did to my old one... wear it while working on your cars. Preferably from underneath with no creeper. Go skiiing in a leather jacket. Give your motorcycle too much gas and crash the f*cker going 45 around a right angle turn.

Actually I'd recommend against the last one. Kinda hurts