I've said it before and now here's the proof. We were born too late!

roids1

roids1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Only in Cali!

There's just something totally contradictory in this! If youd kid has ADHD, let him smoke weed and watch his grades jump thru the roof!?!?!?!?

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
my younger brother was a functioning pot head for most of his teens.. when he smoked pot.. he mind would lock on whatever he was doing and he would get it done.

when he didnt smoke, he couldnt sit still or concentrate.

Im not saying its the solution.. but ive seen it work. IMO amphetamines are a terrible prescription for attention problems... it wreaks havoc on the HPA system (although it does increase sales for Reset AD.. so i cant complaint too much..haha)

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
You should witness how beneficial it is for people with Parkinsons.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
its healthier for u then ridalin or adderal

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Im not going to say that weed isnt helping people with medical or psycological issues, but its starting to end up like alot of other drugs that already on the market. Basically if someone has got a problem give him or her weed and that will fix it. If you know what Im getting at.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
the problem is that the medical community has never taken an honest look at the use of smoked pot for medicinal uses. they have extracted the THC and made cancer/pain products, but everyone that ive spoken to say they prefer the real thing then a pill that leaves them comatose.

I think that the abuse of amphetamines will show its teeth years down the road when todays 8-25 year olds hit their golden years. You cannot jack the output of the HPA axis up to extended levels EVERY DAY for years without taxing the body. This abuse leads to lowered hormone production and insulin problems which can easily lead to depression, weight gain, and the constant need for a higher dose of the speed to feel OK.. which just further exasperates the problem at hand.

Ive taken adderol before and ive never been so amped in all of my life. was i focused? god yea.. but ive never crashed so hard before either.

Our society barrages us from every angle with news, updates, twitter, facebook status... ie we have information overload. So its no wonder that kids get unfocused and bored when a teacher is talking about algebra for 10 minutes without a distraction.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
The problem with the pill (Marinol) is that it's just synthetic THC. There are myriad other cannabinoids that work together with THC for pain alleviation, anti-depression, etc.

roids1

roids1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You should witness how beneficial it is for people with Parkinsons.
Originally Posted by Robert McCloskey
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Maybe it has that effect on some people. But, the above ^ statement is basically the way I communicate after a few p-rips. Yet, I have had friends who could practically chain smoke weed and function almost as if they were sober. My train of though gets pretty disorganized when I smoke.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
the problem is that the medical community has never taken an honest look at the use of smoked pot for medicinal uses. they have extracted the THC and made cancer/pain products, but everyone that ive spoken to say they prefer the real thing then a pill that leaves them comatose.

I think that the abuse of amphetamines will show its teeth years down the road when todays 8-25 year olds hit their golden years. You cannot jack the output of the HPA axis up to extended levels EVERY DAY for years without taxing the body. This abuse leads to lowered hormone production and insulin problems which can easily lead to depression, weight gain, and the constant need for a higher dose of the speed to feel OK.. which just further exasperates the problem at hand.

Ive taken adderol before and ive never been so amped in all of my life. was i focused? god yea.. but ive never crashed so hard before either.

Our society barrages us from every angle with news, updates, twitter, facebook status... ie we have information overload. So its no wonder that kids get unfocused and bored when a teacher is talking about algebra for 10 minutes without a distraction.
yep.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The only thing I can concentrate on while high is television, music, and women. Call me cliche. :dunno: