Help Me Choose A New MP3 Player

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Was going to get a Creative Zen xfi with the wifi, then I read some crappy reviews. Looked into the zen xfi2, same thing. My buddy keeps suggesting the ipod nano, but I am really trying to avoid the ipod route for some personal grudge against overpriced mainstream products. Saw some recertified zunes on newegg with mixed reviews, and I dont have time to wait for the shipping if I want this before flying out next week. So, any suggestions?

I don't need all the bells and whistles, but for the right price/deal, who cares. It will mainly be used for the gym and work. 8gigs and up. I'd say $180 max price, but the better deal the better so I can get some accessories here instead of the bootlegged crap from the Haji shops.

Thanks folks.

Caferacer

Caferacer

Awards
  • Established
I prefer my sansa clip for workouts. It's like an ipod shuffle, but tons cheaper, comes with a screen, and sounds better.

I got mine for $30

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
I prefer my sansa clip for workouts. It's like an ipod shuffle, but tons cheaper, comes with a screen, and sounds better.

I got mine for $30

Want to know what's really kickass? They make a new version of the clip (called the clip+, I believe) that supports microSD cards!

Clip = best mp3 player for the gym!

http://www.sandisk.com/products/sansa-music-and-video-players/sandisk-sansa-clipplus-mp3-player-.aspx

http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-players/sandisk-sansa-clip-4gb/4505-6490_7-33770002.html

Comes in a variety if colors. I bought an 8gb Clip a few months ago before I knew the Clip+ even existed... I want one now!

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ipod nano 150 bucks and has all the bells and whistles and accessories for whatever else you want to do. I'm a recent convert to the ipod and have went with a lot of different players in the past. You really can't beat it when you have so many aftermarket products.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
Ipod nano 150 bucks and has all the bells and whistles and accessories for whatever else you want to do. I'm a recent convert to the ipod and have went with a lot of different players in the past. You really can't beat it when you have so many aftermarket products.
Yeah I got the 3rd gen nano and have had it since release. Mowing, gym, etc and it still ticks. Pretty tough little thing.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I still have my gen 1 nano. I'm interested in that clip now though reading through some of the specs/reviews

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Winner to the T. As soon as I learned I could use other programs instead of i-tunes, i jumped on the bandwaggon. Got an 8gig 5G with the camera and all. Took a minute to figure it all out, but I like it so far.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I rock a yellow Sony Walkman (cassette player)!!!

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
I rock a yellow Sony Walkman (cassette player)!!!
What the hell is a cassette?

I kid, I kid.

But seriously, the Clip has truly become my favorite gym mp3 player. good sound quality, small, durable, no arm bands needed as you can clip it to your waistband, sleeve, collar, pocket, wherever. And with the Clip+, you're only limited to the size of the microSD card you put in it (plus they have their own flash memory, in different sizes based on the one you by). AND, it's all drag and drop... no need for cumbersome programs like itunes, zune, etc.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

FTW!!!!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What the hell is a cassette?

I kid, I kid.

But seriously, the Clip has truly become my favorite gym mp3 player. good sound quality, small, durable, no arm bands needed as you can clip it to your waistband, sleeve, collar, pocket, wherever. And with the Clip+, you're only limited to the size of the microSD card you put in it (plus they have their own flash memory, in different sizes based on the one you by). AND, it's all drag and drop... no need for cumbersome programs like itunes, zune, etc.
iTunes is ridiculously easy to use. The first few versions didn't work very well on PC, but they're much better these days.

I have an old iPod mini that still works and a 2nd gen nano that's been through all sorts of hell. I've even cut weight with it several times and there's nothing wrong with it.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
2nd gen ipod shuffle is the best for the gym if you dont care for a screen. extremely light and has a clip on the back

i just got a 2nd gen ipod touch and its super slick. i can care less if its main stream or not, there are tons of free apps and accessories, car hookups, gadgets etc

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
I would say if you had AT@T just get an Iphone. They are supposedly $99 with a contract. I don't know which one it is (memory-wise) but I have a 1st gen Iphone, and haven't looked back since.

Also there are free apps for internet radio (iheart, pandora, aol radio, etc.)
So If you are tired of your play lists, you could always stream in new stuff.