Need Help Sleeping

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
I have been having a lot of trouble sleeping at night. Last night I got home from work at 12 am and did not fall asleep until 4 am. After 4 am. I woke up at least a dozen times. Difficulty sleeping has always been normal for me but last night was the worse ever.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I had such a great leg workout and a night of bad sleep does no justice for me.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What is your occupation? Do you find yourself wound up and thinking about thinking when you're trying to sleep? Doing some deep breathing exercises or something to take your mind off your long day might help you relax and get to bed.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
What is your occupation? Do you find yourself wound up and thinking about thinking when you're trying to sleep? Doing some deep breathing exercises or something to take your mind off your long day might help you relax and get to bed.
I work security in a private hospital. Yesterday was a positive day and went smoother than ever. I must always watch TV to sleep and it must be extremely quiet. Any background noise will keep me up all night, even rain drops. I try to rewind after work by jumping on the forum and eating a bowl of cottage cheese. I am thinking of trying a supplement or going as far as seeing a doctor.

texaswolf

texaswolf

Awards
  • Established
You ever tried sleeping with ear plugs? They would drown out any background noise for sure. I used to have to sleep with a pair in when I worked on a drilling vessel a few years back.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
You ever tried sleeping with ear plugs? They would drown out any background noise for sure. I used to have to sleep with a pair in when I worked on a drilling vessel a few years back.
I have been using cotton balls. I will grab a pair of good earplugs from the engineer department at the hospital. See if that does the trick.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
Melatonin, ZMA and GABA are supplements that can help you getting a deeper sleep but will not help you falling asleep, I notice when I go the gym I normally fall asleep right way, good luck on getting your sleep back

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
Melatonin, ZMA and GABA are supplements that can help you getting a deeper sleep but will not help you falling asleep, I notice when I go the gym I normally fall asleep right way, good luck on getting your sleep back
I have tried ZMA in the past and I slept better. I just picked up a couple sets of ear plugs and will purchase some Melatonin soon.

Has anyone noticed difficulty in sleeping on a leg day?

USMC7051

USMC7051

Awards
I use to have the same problems..If you sleep pattern is not consistant that could also be a big problem. I recommend cycling melatonin and benadryl (2 weeks on one then switch to the other for 2 weeks). I was taking melatonin every day for over a month and I started developing some side effects like minor depression and irritability which is very unusual for me so I found switching sleep aids helps for that.

I also recomend buying melatonin in the 1mg tabs instead of the 3mg or 5mg..Males only need 150 micrograms of melatonin to help them sleep so 3mg or 5mg would be over dosing and could cause the side effects.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
I use to have the same problems..If you sleep pattern is not consistant that could also be a big problem. I recommend cycling melatonin and benadryl (2 weeks on one then switch to the other for 2 weeks). I was taking melatonin every day for over a month and I started developing some side effects like minor depression and irritability which is very unusual for me so I found switching sleep aids helps for that.

I also recomend buying melatonin in the 1mg tabs instead of the 3mg or 5mg..Males only need 150 micrograms of melatonin to help them sleep so 3mg or 5mg would be over dosing and could cause the side effects.
Another day of bad sleep. This time it was not as bad. Instead of 4 am it was 3 am and had to wake up for a meeting at 7 am. I am going to Costco today and will buy melatonin and also look into benadryl.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
If my brain won't shut down, I pick up a book. I focus on reading and it takes my mind off everything else going on and usually fall asleep pretty quick. I have gotten up in the morning with the light still on and the book in the floor.